The online racing simulator
Nooooooo!!!
(40 posts, started )
Nooooooo!!!
At work, my boss has blocked LFS Forum noooo, what will i do when i have no pc problems to fix :o , im going to have to do something about this! il work away round it of course... they dont know me well enough yet, to clever whahaha

My boss got really angry, said "your trying to get on a stupid chat site when you are ment to be doing a office move!" (office move - moving pcs around, telephones etc. Patching the network for them and so on).

So gay (this is not another gay off topic thread haha), he also blocked Team MG site :o... oh well, il get round it. if i cant by doing something with it, il just go on the isp server we have and unblock it

So annoying tho , what am i going to do at work now when it goes abit quite!!! (so got to beat him hehehe)
I like my boss...he's just don't know anything about PC's
:lol this makes me laugh, but i feel bad. Perhaps you can find another computer at the office?
#4 - Jakg
If it's blocked then it's blocked for all pc's i'd imagine.

Tried using daveproxy.co.uk?
Quote from Rappa Z ::lol this makes me laugh, but i feel bad. Perhaps you can find another computer at the office?

I suppose they are on one LAN and have access to the internet through a switch/router/whatever so all the computers are blocked basically.
Quote from jamesrowe :My boss got really angry, said "your trying to get on a stupid chat site when you are ment to be doing a office move!" (office move - moving pcs around, telephones etc. Patching the network for them and so on).

He kinda has a point tbh. If you have something to do then get on and do it, don't procrastinate. You'll find most bosses have no problem with you surfing when you have some free time.

Aside from the fact that its trivial to get around the problem, both in the sense of unblocking it from your "isp server" (mmm, technical term there, nice) and other methods, it wouldn't be a good idea for him to see you accessing the lfsforums for the short term future during your working hours. Especially if he's actively blocked it.

I'm sure he wouldn't bother reading the forums, just to check up on you either..

Nice move.

Really.

You should congratulate yourself.
#7 - CSU1
Quote from jamesrowe :So gay (this is not another gay off topic thread haha), he also blocked Team MG site :o... oh well, il get round it. if i cant by doing something with it, il just go on the isp server we have and unblock it

So annoying tho , what am i going to do at work now when it goes abit quite!!! (so got to beat him hehehe)

Lmao @ you!
Ihave the same problem @ wrk too, *u*k em' buy your self a decnt mobile for x-mas one with a nice big screen and you wont miss a thing
-
(xaotik) DELETED by xaotik
Quote from MorroW :I like my boss...he's just don't know anything about PC's

Same here lol
Quote from xaotik :I was wondering about that term - must be something that 17 y/o IT network support analysts coined recently. :P

I was wondering if it was meant to be Microsoft's ISA server.... Similar sort of naming convention My second thought was Squid, then I realised that would be silly (for obvious reasons)...

Back on topic:
James, seriously I don't mean to be a big meanie, but telling us you're blocked and going to get a way around it isn't a good plan. Your boss either physically watches you access the web, or checks the logs. Use your noodle. Going against him could be grounds for dismissal, especially since you're clearly involved in the techy team.

Web access over a phone isn't a good plan either, given the UKs pricing on data usage.
#10 - Jakg
t_a_a - where is that post you quoted?
Deleted apparently.

Damn you xaotik, you win this time
Quote from the_angry_angel :He kinda has a point tbh. If you have something to do then get on and do it, don't procrastinate. You'll find most bosses have no problem with you surfing when you have some free time.

True.

jamesrowe,
Work time is for work. I have 3 breaks during day and I use those usually for walking in outside or any other way for moving. Sitting on one place 8h, then walking 200m to home and sit again 8h aint good

So for now if you need break for work...try doing something else besides reading LFS forum
Quote from the_angry_angel :(...)telling us you're blocked and going to get a way around it isn't a good plan. Your boss either physically
watches you access the web, or checks the logs. Use your noodle. Going against him could be grounds for dismissal

That's pretty much what i was thinking also.
I thought James left the LFS forums.
#16 - SamH
James' boss sounds like a decent guy. I'd like to buy him a pint
...and remember, BOSS is BOSS
Quote from SamH :James' boss sounds like a decent guy. I'd like to buy him a pint

Let's buy him a sixpack
i like my boss but, if he switches off LFS in any kind of way, i will go with him into a bar and make him drunk or worse...

btw. i am my own boss *g*
Quote from jamesrowe :
At work, my boss has blocked LFS Forum noooo, what will i do when i have no pc problems to fix :o , im going to have to do something about this! il work away round it of course... they dont know me well enough yet, to clever whahaha

My boss got really angry, said "your trying to get on a stupid chat site when you are ment to be doing a office move!" (office move - moving pcs around, telephones etc. Patching the network for them and so on).

So gay (this is not another gay off topic thread haha), he also blocked Team MG site :o... oh well, il get round it. if i cant by doing something with it, il just go on the isp server we have and unblock it

if i was your boss i'd fire you, if not for surfing the net when you are supposed to be working, then for your arrogance and stupidity. how can you honestly think you are going to outsmart your boss? judging by your spelling and grammar, i doubt you could outsmart a 10 year old.
you could set up a crypted tunnel to your home pc and surf on that one
Or, he could work
Dear James Boss

Please monitor all James' web access, and his grammar.

Thank you.
or you could just work when your at work. if theres nothing to do, sweep up.

Nooooooo!!!
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG