The online racing simulator
Rallycross update
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Jamexing :You got to be kidding. The FXR aka no ground cleareance/no suspension travel/unsuitable bodykit car for rallycross? How are we going to deal with bumps if the wheels hang up in the air and the car gets hung up on the bumps thanks to that ultra-low body kit? It has the power and drivetrain, but the rest of the package turns it to mush.

What...? Why should we deal with that at all? have you ever tried driving FXR on rallyx tracks (with the Kege's Slickmod that allows to use rallyx tires too)?

Quote :The best practical bet we have now is hopefully they turn up with a rally-prepped RB4 with WRC levels of power and performance. Just being sensible.

That would need more work than just adding new tires for one car... that was my point, giving FXR suitable tires for rallyx would end the whining about proper rallyx car at least for some time.

Quote from Jamexing :Problem is, ice doesn't handle the same as mud. And that is one FLAT track. And ice racing needs studded tires if anyone's going to drive at faster than granny speeds, tires we don't have yet (hopefully).

I don't get your points... LFS doesn't have actual mud simulation, so... illepall And if the devs decided to create ice track MAYBE they would also add proper studded tires.
Quote from filipvdv :The cars as they are are ok, but off course some more powered rwd cars, or lemme refrase this, lighter rwd cars would be nicer. Real life rx cars are like bombs on wheels. Ultra light, and accellerate like hell. A good example of finger licking RX in real life is the Volvo Cup, or Internationals Cup. High powered rwd volvo's, bmw's ... This is the creme de la creme for me. Div 1 off course if phenomenal too.

Ever tried rallyx with the LX6? Fits your criteria: light, powerful, accelerates quickly, and a bomb on wheels indeed! It's a challenge to drive that monster around a rallyx track, especially if you're racing with lots of other people.
Quote from deggis :What...? Why should we deal with that at all? have you ever tried driving FXR on rallyx tracks (with the Kege's Slickmod that allows to use rallyx tires too)?

That would need more work than just adding new tires for one car... that was my point, giving FXR suitable tires for rallyx would end the whining about proper rallyx car at least for some time.

I don't get your points... LFS doesn't have actual mud simulation, so... illepall And if the devs decided to create ice track MAYBE they would also add proper studded tires.

Yes, I do know how it is with FXR on rallycross. It all goes to show that collisions are still a major problem in LFS. IRL, a car like that will have serious issues on bumpy rallycross circuits and it all goes to show that the physics in LFS is still very much incomplete, especially in the collsion depeartment. Ever tried negotiating a speedbump with a Honda Civic lowered 3 inches? That's the kind of problem we're dealing with. Yes, IRL, a car like FXO CAN be adapted for rally use, but not without EXTENSIVE modifications. Just trying to keep things realistic. If LFS is just another NFS GAME then it's all fine, but it's LFS aka a Racing SIMULATOR.

With the RB4, all we need is a bit more power, a better powerband and more suspension travel (from the current 200mm to 250mm). The roll cage is just pure graphics in LFS anyway. And the truth is we can't come close to simulating modern rallycar performance without dual rate (progressive ) suspension. Without progressive suspension and proper turbo behavior for now, a special 300hp RB4 with more suspension stroke will do just fine.

Last time I checked they did have ice, but it was for testing only and was NEVER publically released.
#29 - dev
+1 from me, for everything
Quote from deggis :What...? Why should we deal with that at all? have you ever tried driving FXR on rallyx tracks (with the Kege's Slickmod that allows to use rallyx tires too)?

I have raced the EIRC championship (http://www.magicturtles.com/eirc/index.php?lang=eng) with FXR on graveltyres, but the physics is just not right. Lets face it, to just change tyres on a tarmac/race car with optimised downforce and hard suspension doesnt make it a good rallycross car. It still has the tarmacphysics.

And please dont float away with the ideas, ice surface is not rallycross, and this is a rallycross suggestion thread.
If we want to organise an LFS rallycross event, RB4 would be the best car for it as FXR with slickmod doesn't handle right.
Quote from jmracing1 :I have raced the EIRC championship (http://www.magicturtles.com/eirc/index.php?lang=eng) with FXR on graveltyres, but the physics is just not right. Lets face it, to just change tyres on a tarmac/race car with optimised downforce and hard suspension doesnt make it a good rallycross car. It still has the tarmacphysics.

And please dont float away with the ideas, ice surface is not rallycross, and this is a rallycross suggestion thread.

My bad then, and i apologize, but after a rallycross update (proper car , and possibly more accurate physics) an ice/snow track wont hurt anyone!
And yes there is also rallycross on ice/snow... at least where i live.
Dont think FXR would suite for rallycross an update rb4 would be better, the "crash/contact" problem would be also a nice idea but i think the devs are already working on it.
Oh less "jumpy" track would be better.
Quote from Rubenz81 :"Oh less "jumpy" track would be better."

Well, newsflash: The earth is NOT FLAT.

Neither are rallycorss circuits.
Quote from Jamexing :Well, newsflash: The earth is NOT FLAT.

Neither are rallycorss circuits.

Not flat, but show me a rallycross track that have the same size of the jumps as Blackwood RallyX

@ Rubenz81 "And yes there is also rallycross on ice/snow... at least where i live."

Maybe you mean ice-racing? Its almost the same as rallycross, but the surface is ice and rallycross-, rally cars and other saloon cars can compete.
Another nice features would be the "parallel" starting grid (sorry for my bad english; mmh like all the cars start side by side) but no 20 cars race with this, unless devs will make a 50m wide racetrack.

Jmracing: yes, dont follow Italian rallycross anymore i think they called now: "Speed on dirt championship" and "Speed on ice championship", basically they have Gr.A,Gr.N and prototypes classes (wich means from Gr.B to awesome prototypes to "let see what happen if we remove air restrictor from old Gr.A" )

Rallycross update
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG