The online racing simulator
triple/quad instead of SLI?
(27 posts, started )
Hi!
I have an SLI capable system. LFS doesn't really take advantage of this fact, so I was wondering if I might somehow disable SLI and use the two cards in a triple monitor setup? I got a few 19" CRTs lying around unused. The cards are XFX 7900GTX on an Abit AN8 32x mobo.
#2 - Jakg
well it does if SLi is enabled!

Disable SLi, and yes you can have 4 monitors, but playing LFS over monitors on different cards gives you 10 fps (because of how it works), so you could only have 2 monitors for LFS without a triplehead2go

(Yes, i used to have 2x 6600GT's!)
You could try my SoftTH, you sould be able to get quite good framerates with that setup, especially in LFS.
That looks incredibly cool! I'll try it right away! Will post how it goes! Videos are very impressive!
Quote from Kegetys :You could try my SoftTH, you sould be able to get quite good framerates with that setup, especially in LFS.

Jesus man, you should sell that. You'd make bucket loads of cash. I so need to buy myself a cheap PCI-E card now and two more monitors.

You have some amazing skill.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Jesus man, you should sell that.

That would mean I would need to provide support for it, and make sure it works with other hardware than mine. Too much work
Quote from Kegetys :That would mean I would need to provide support for it, and make sure it works with other hardware than mine. Too much work

Ah, I can see why you'd rather not then. But all the same that is one great bit of software, wish I had the bits to try it out.
Quote from Kegetys :That would mean I would need to provide support for it, and make sure it works with other hardware than mine. Too much work

Why not sell it to some company who is willing to do that and collect royalties?
It works on my setup as well, dude! Awesome stuff!

AMD athlon64 X2 4200+
2x 7900GTX
AN8 32x Abit mobo
1Gb RAM

Thanks a million for this!

I'll film my setup tomorrow, maybe.
jeez looking @ games with 3 monitors makes me wanna buy another 7950GX2 and 2 more monitors *wishes to win lotto*
One question about bordersize: Do I need to add the 'lost' pixels to the horisontal resolution?
If I set bordersize=40, do I need to add 80pixels to my horisontal resolution to make the side monitors come out right?

Quote :forceHorizontalFOV: Forces horizontal FOV to be three times as wide

What does that actually do? I get a real FOV of 130degrees in my setup, but LFS won't go beyond 120. Is this an option to override the ingame FOV?

I know you said you wouldn't provide support, but.... Please?
Quote from atledreier :One question about bordersize: Do I need to add the 'lost' pixels to the horisontal resolution?
If I set bordersize=40, do I need to add 80pixels to my horisontal resolution to make the side monitors come out right?

It should increase the resolution yes. You can add the new size manually or choose it from the resolution list. However, with LFS the border size causes problems since then LFS no longer recognises it as a triplehead screenmode and draws the GUI all wrong (Or so it did atleast with the resolution and bordersize settings I tried it with).

Quote from atledreier :
forceHorizontalFOV
What does that actually do? I get a real FOV of 130degrees in my setup, but LFS won't go beyond 120. Is this an option to override the ingame FOV?

It attempts to override the horizontal FOV. It (might) help with games that do not correctly set the aspect ratio, ie. richard burns rally. With LFS the aspect is automatically correct so it wont do any good.
Thanks a million!

Not only support, but fast too... You should go into business, dude!
Could you alter the program so it uses only 2 monitors using 1 vga card? (or is that already possible)

If i choose one of the new resolutions available, it says it cant detect the third monitor. (wich i do not have)

I have a Radeon 9800Pro

//edit//
i've been looking around on the forum. And it has to be possible with hydravision (no succes atm)
Quote from Spacid :Could you alter the program so it uses only 2 monitors using 1 vga card? (or is that already possible)

should be an option in ur settings to make ur desktop go across all screens as it were to be 1 giant screen
3 screens anyone?
Matrox have a fantastic gadget called a 3TH2go (Ithink) which enables a computer with one graphics card to run 3 screens (with no loss of framerate or quality) It's really good. I saw a demonstration of it last Saturday in Bristol (using the new Microsoft FSX ) That's a flight sim for the uneducated amongst you. Seriously though, if you are looking for a way of getting an ultra wide display this system is well worth a look.
Quote from Munza :should be an option in ur settings to make ur desktop go across all screens as it were to be 1 giant screen

Just found it, thanks.

Its not usefull for me for LFS (I got 2 CRT's with a big border) But for strategy games its nice. (but still confusing atm)
Quote from Spacid :Just found it, thanks.

Its not usefull for me for LFS (I got 2 CRT's with a big border) But for strategy games its nice. (but still confusing atm)

Ahh ok, well if u decide to buy LCD's, they pretty much all now come with narrow beazle so it makes it better for dual monitors etc
What I'd like to do, is get one 22" Wide , and two 19" Samsung monitors, they are almost equal height.... then I'd tear the casing off them all,
and build a custom bracket to mount them in. By doing this I could space the LCD's very tight together, and create a curved screen. I think that would have looked nifty! it might even be worth ruining monitors for roughly $1100.
It's bloody tempting it is !!
hmm...buddy you just gave me a brain storm; gonna use your idea to make myself one later this year
I know this is almost a month late, but JESUS! You resurrected this one from the grave didnt you! 18 months old! :spam:
18 months? I make it 6.
I thought it was 2005... oops
6 + 12 = 18

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG