The online racing simulator
#1 - Vain
Fern Bay Trackday Club?
Hello.

Lately I was enjoying driving the less common Fern Bay combinations. The most challenging of them I can think of is Fern Bay Black Reversed.
Of course this is a seldomly driven track. It's very long and tough to learn. Thus you will seldomly see your car online with that car.
I'm sure there are other people out there who enjoy driving a difficult track. That's why I created this thread. I'd like to suggest a 'trackday club'. A group of people who meet once or twice a week on a Fern Bay combination. What I'm looking for are typical trackdays. Mixed classes racing loosely on a track. Added to that the Club could host special events once in a while, and one or two random races in each meeting.

My proposal would be to search for a server to set up for a Fern Bay track, be it green, club, gold or black, with all cars except the singleseaters and GTRs. The track rotates every once in a while so we get to drive different parts of the track. Sometimes we can switch to the GTRs or a singleseater too, but in normal trackday practice they would be quite a hassle to the slower cars. Normal procedure would be typical track day practice. In the late european evening (if possible at other times too) a 30 minutes race with a given class could be hold and afterwards back to trackday-procedure. More seldomly the Club could also host bigger events like a 500km of Fe Black.

Fern Bay is a challenging enviroment (especially Black Rev). I like to race it both alone and against others. But unfortunately it is a seldomly driven enviroment. Thus I'd like to concentrate the drivers who like this track so we all get to drive against human drivers more often.

So to sum it up:
1. One or two days a week a server comes online with a fern bay track as voted by the drivers.
2. Usually, if not interfered by an event, all cars are enabled except the GTRs and single seaters.
3. Usually, if not interfered by an event, the racing mode is set to practice. Join when you're ready, race whoever you meet, leave when you're done.
4. Once in every meeting a race is held with the track of the day. Format is to be decided. Not more than 30 minutes. If someone wants to care about it this can be turned into a league.
5. More seldomly the Club hosts special events.

Is there interest? Please say so if you would like to participate in something like this.
Remember that this is just a rough draft of an idea.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Sometimes we can switch to the GTRs or a singleseater too, but in normal trackday practice they would be quite a hassle to the slower cars.

I think this is the other way around. The slower cars would hold up the faster ones. But that's the choice you make when you take the faster cars. That's fine, don't you think?
#3 - ajp71
Great idea, maybe fast (GTR + F08 + FOX) and slow (all other) sessions could be held on different days? Would be really nice to see LRF class cars out on LFS's most challenging track
I think I'd be in to that, especially FE Black/Rev. Don't think I've driven the Rev variant that often, if at all, but grew quite fond of the normal one (quite possibly due to the FE Rally stage ).

Personally I'd prefer the slower classes though, not only because "trackday" suggests that, but also FE doesn't really fit the fast race cars IMO. These high curbs require some serious hopping over, and a FO8 doing that without breaking the car apart kinda kills the immersion for me.

I think this is a great idea. I don't have a lot of time to play LFS nowadays but I would like to try this.
#6 - jtr99
I would try to turn up. I would like to learn FE Black both forward and reversed, and don't mind which car is used.
Good Idea, I'd join you anytime I really need some LX practice
LX4 @ FE Black Rev for me.
I'd be in, I like the no commitment portion. Not like im losing points if i cant make it.
This sounds like a blast, I'm definitely in.

I love the trackday idea. I do this with the AI when I'm bored and there's no one online.

Fern Bay is the best and most realistic environment for a trackday, but Aston Club works really well too. Please keep it to Fern bay though, that's a very underused environment
LX6 @ FE Black Rev is so hard... I love it!

Good idea.
Sounds like a good idea Vain... I'm in I love to race on the less common combos of LFS... FZ5 @ FE BLack, oooouhh
#13 - Vain
That looks like some good feedback. :go:

Can someone offer a server for this?
One or two days a week, most propably friday, the hoster would need to switch to a Fern Bay combination temporarily. The hoster would have to either give two persons the admin pass or have at least one person available in the evening to set up the one or the other race.
Great idea: We might just claim the OCC-server!

Vain
oh bummer, Fridays, hope its middle afternoon (around 5ish) cos at 8 im kinda busy on fridays with Battlefield
Quote from AndroidXP :I think I'd be in to that, especially FE Black/Rev. Don't think I've driven the Rev variant that often, if at all, but grew quite fond of the normal one (quite possibly due to the FE Rally stage ).

Personally I'd prefer the slower classes though, not only because "trackday" suggests that, but also FE doesn't really fit the fast race cars IMO. These high curbs require some serious hopping over, and a FO8 doing that without breaking the car apart kinda kills the immersion for me.

I agree - open wheelers aren't allowed at trackdays. Well none of the ones I've ever done and that's quite a lot

Great idea Vain. I often enter servers where all cars are available. It's great fun running with lots of different cars.
i'd love to do it, i just don't have the time on Fridays
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#17 - Vain
I'm an open minded person and am very open to suggestions. Also remember that in case of enough interest we can host two different days a week. I only chose friday because it doesn't interfere with saturday night fever, work or those leagues that run on sundays.
Remember that friday evening was chosen based on UK-time. 20 UK time would translate to 14 eastern time, which should be local New Jersey time.

@Kev: That was what I was hoping for.

Vain
I'm interested in this, sounds like it could be great fun.

I don't think I've EVER driven FE Black, normal or reverse.
Quote from Bean0 :I'm interested in this, sounds like it could be great fun.

I don't think I've EVER driven FE Black, normal or reverse.

FE Black Normal is great fun. Never tried the REV config though. I find with the reverse configs often the splits are in silly places.
-
Yes, that's true. The flow on rev config seems to be quite weird at times.
-
Well, not if you have a squashball mod installed
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, not if you have a squashball mod installed

Which is a must if you ask me!
-
You really need to secure the pedals tightly with the Squashball mod, that's true. With it installed you *really* have to press against that pedal. Not that easy if you're on a seat with... rollers, or whatever you call them.
Quote from AndroidXP :You really need to secure the pedals tightly with the Squashball mod, that's true. With it installed you *really* have to press against that pedal. Not that easy if you're on a seat with... rollers, or whatever you call them.

Although if you use a slightly split squashball it offers significantly less resistance. That might be an option.
Slightly split? I'm using half a squashball

But I guess you're right. If I cut into that half again the resistance would probably go down.
-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG