The online racing simulator
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, that's true. The flow on rev config seems to be quite weird at times.

i usually prefer the flow on the revs ... makes the tracks much more challenging if you have to brake while cornering
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think I need some sort of office-chair-to-pedal-set retaining clip type widget before attempting this sort of nonsense! Y'know like those things schoolkids who play 'cello make out of three bottle tops and a bit of string, two under the front chair legs, one under the 'cello spike, to keep the thing in place? Although it would have to be a bit sturdier I think.

Or, you could start left foot braking. It'll make you faster too. I guess it also depends on your pedal set. Mine are the MOMO ones and they are butted up against the wall. I don't ever have problems with the back lifting under my heels.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I used to brake with my left foot until I started using a clutch pedal. I still do brake with my left foot in the formulas (and in the MRT because it shifts so quickly) but I much prefer using a clutch and right-foot braking in the tin-tops.

I'll be there soon. Want a G25 though. Can't afford one
Sounds good to me,I'd be up for it.
Back to topic, I think the the track day is a great idea, but I think should be restricted to road legal cars only.
-
-
If the server is running tonight I will stop by
-
#32 - Vain
I payed the server a visit and did a one hour stint in the XRT. Was some great fun. I'll be back next friday.

Vain
-
I stopped by last night for a bit and ran about 12 laps in the LX4, very fun course in that car
#34 - Vain
Tomorrow there's time for the next round of Fe Black Rev at the Odd Combo Club. So who's up to challange that track this week?

I'm planning to do some mind numbling XRG action with Bob's road going setup around 19:30 BST. Anyone who wants to challange me with an XFG? Open diff 4 life!
Feel free to join in other cars though. UF1, FXO, LX6, XFR, you name it, you drive it. Just not the big GTRs or singleseaters. The broader the range of cars the more action.

Oh, and would a mod mind to move this thread? Since the Fern Bay Trackday Club is now under the roof of the OCC we should best be moved into that section.

Vain
Great Idea! count me in! Let us know of any dates/times when you'll make this a reality

EDIT: Oops missed page 2
#36 - Jakg
well, i might pop in, but of course ill be using no auto clutch, paddles and a clutch so i might be a bit slow!
I'm gonna be in the RA, try not to lap me too much! haha
I'd like to sign up! Or can I just walk in?
^ Yes, just join the server.

I'll see if I can make it. It will be the LX4 for me
Anyone on US evening times doing this? Sounds like some fun.

What exactly is the OCC server (I mean name, I know the concept)? It mustn't be very popular in the US. Maybe set it to AS National in GTR's and it would be, LOL.

Hmm, the trackday idea brings up an LFS suggestion idea. Unlimited qualifying time as some folks like to see their name up in qualifying standings, even if it is just practicing.
not a huge fern bay lover but I'll give it a go. Need to learn the track anyway I suppose

I'm on US Eastern time Mrodgers
#42 - Vain
The servername is (iB) ukct Odd Combo Club. Currently it's still set to MRT/So Sprint 1, but that'll change tomorrow. Hopefully.

Vain
Quote from turbo4door :not a huge fern bay lover but I'll give it a go. Need to learn the track anyway I suppose

I'm on US Eastern time Mrodgers

Yup, I'm not a fan of Fern Bay either, though it's more because I'm a fan of the GTR's rather than road cars. FE rocks with road cars.

I'm EST too, just realized I don't have my location listed. I'll have to fix that.

I'm going to look for it tonight, which very well may be tomorrow for Vain, so it had better be there, hehe .

Where else can you travel through time than with LFS. I race with people yesterday, today, and tomorrow all at the same time .
-
What time does the trackday start? Id like to join
#45 - Vain
I don't know for the others, but I'll try to be online in about one hour.

Vain
-
#46 - SamH
Quote from Vain :Oh, and would a mod mind to move this thread? Since the Fern Bay Trackday Club is now under the roof of the OCC we should best be moved into that section.

I'm going to check out the server right now.
#48 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :I set the server up this afternoon. Not sure if I'll be joining you tonight - got a backlog of work I really ought to be doing.

It's Friday night, Kevin!
-
Is the server up already? I didn't find it
would really like the server i dont have a whole lot of time
-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG