The online racing simulator
What wheel is this?
(16 posts, started )
What wheel is this?
I'm trying a friend to try LFS. I told him that he would need a wheel.
Now he bought one secondhand. He doesnt know what it is and Windows doesnt recognize it.
He sent me a pic of it.
Does anybody know what wheel this is?
#2 - Jakg
its a Momo - can't you see by the sticker in the middle clearly covering what im sure is a Logitech Driving Force
Yeah, I saw the Momo sticker, but he told me it wasn't a Momo.
The only Momo I know is the Logitech Momo Racing Force, and that looks different.. Ill pass your suggestion to him.. tnx!
i have a momo wheel but this is different from mine.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from TyresHot :i have a momo wheel but this is different from mine.

just to clarify, this wheel ISN'T a Logitech Momo wheel, it's a cheap wheel with the "Momo" sticker on it
Quote from Jakg :its a Momo - can't you see by the sticker in the middle clearly covering what im sure is a Logitech Driving Force

Quote from Jakg :just to clarify, this wheel ISN'T a Logitech Momo wheel, it's a cheap wheel with the "Momo" sticker on it

I wouldnt call a Logitech Driving Force a cheap wheel.
But your anwers puzzle me.. So you're actually saying, Yes, is a Logitech, yes, it is a cheap one, it is the Driving Force, and the Momo sticker is fake.

Am I getting you here?
#8 - SamH
This wheel isn't a Momo, and it isn't a Logitech Driving Force Pro.

I don't know what it IS, but it's definitely neither of those! It doesn't look like a Logitech at all to me. The early Logitech wheels didn't (afaik) have Playstation key arrangements on them.
Windows shound recognize any wheel you connect no matter if you know the wheel manufacturer/type. If it is connected via gameport(15-pin crap connector), then make sure that gameport si working properly(it is installed and visible in device manager, it is not disabled).

Then just add your wheel in Control Panel>Gaming devices>Add>Custom

That worked for mine way old gameport joystick and it shoud work for that wheel also if it isnt broken or something.
#10 - JJ72
I think it's a brandless wheel made in somewhere like twiwan, russia, turkey or even thailand.
#11 - Jakg
there is a difference between the Driving Force and the Driving Force Pro, although it could just be a generic wheel
I hope he didn't spend too much on it
#13 - Vain
The wheelbase looks very similar (near to identical) to a no-brand wheel I had before. It connected via the gameport and I could install it without drivers via the system properties -> game controller -> Add function of windows.
I hope that helps.

Vain
I hope your friend did not spend a lot of money on this. Looks like a cheap/crappy wheel. Anyway, it may work like Vain said. Just add a device to windows, choose game controllers and choose generic wheel or something that matches the wheel from the list.
No, he paid only 5 euros. I hope for him it looks good on the wall, because he hasnt got it working yet, so it might even be broken..
the actual wheel is the same as from my first wheel, I believe it was called rally master or something from Trust.

Wait, This is the wheel I'm talking about. It's obvious that the base is different, don't know what that might be.

With that wheel I played NFS Porsche Unleashed and GPL, got me into simracing actually

What wheel is this?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG