The online racing simulator
Better AI
(14 posts, started )
Better AI
This has probably been mentioned before but the speed of the AI divers is very slow. Even on the hardest level i gain 2 seconds on them per lap.
+1, but please use the search feature as these repost threads can get confusing and untidy
just make them do some practice laps on a circuit, they will get faster eventually
Yes, they will get faster, but they will never reach competitive speeds. Improving the AI is on Scawen's to-do list, though, and he said they will definitely be updated before S2 final is released.
Is there somewhere you could download well trained AI`s ?
Quote from alland44 :Is there somewhere you could download well trained AI`s ?

Don't know, but that would be a very good idea.

On some tracks they seem to able to do little better than elsewhere. Also if you give them 'handicap' like 100% fuel and 4 passangers for you and AI as light as possible you might get some kind of a race if you start from bottom of the grid. Haven't tryed.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - Vain
Fe RallyX is definitely a very bad example...

But the AIs can do nicely if you give them the right cars. The AI's generally have problems with downforce and RWDs, because they are not aware of both the effects of drafting on downforce and heat on the tyres. Thus they will always do bad in the FOX or FO8, f.e. but do comparatively well in the FXO, RB4 or FXR.
A good training would be a race of FXR versus FXO at a circuit like As Club or Cadet. 6 AIs in the FXR, 6 in FXO. Switch cars after 30 laps. Repeat once or twice. That way all AIs learn how to evade and take over other cars.

The AIs will be rather competitive if you challange them in the XRT or RB4 (versus AI-FXO).

Vain
Adding to what Vain said, one must consider that the AI was written for demo and to some extent S1 style content, which also explains why they suck so much in the newer cars. Of course you can have challenging races against them, but not without you having a hefty penalty, either through passengers or by driving a different car, or both.
Just adding to this thread, as well as better AI, The option to have more AI would be good, so when they are better its a good practice for online racing with more AI
In So City, the Mrt AI`s is very capable drivers. Especially in S1
Are u really serious guys?? You are asking for the better AI's in the online racing simulator. There are tons of other things that are more important to be done, and it really is a LOT of work for one guy, so you REALLY want better AI?? I don't get it really.. The progress is slow, because Scawen has to do ALL of the work, and you want him to spend time on the AI?..
when did anyone say dump everything that needs to be done to update the AI.. ofcourse theres lots to be done, and AI is one of them, just not at the top of the importence list
Quote from Boris Lozac :Are u really serious guys?? You are asking for the better AI's in the online racing simulator. There are tons of other things that are more important to be done, and it really is a LOT of work for one guy, so you REALLY want better AI?? I don't get it really.. The progress is slow, because Scawen has to do ALL of the work, and you want him to spend time on the AI?..

Ai`s are good obstacles, when you train a car/track combo. More people should take an hour offline, before the join an online race.

Then we migth avoid many wreckers
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
yes, i would like to be able to have a good race with any car/track combo, anytime i want. and thats only possible with good AI.

Better AI
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG