The online racing simulator
[GTR] Race 4: South City
Discussion thread.
Well we ve been training SO Long yesterday, some of the Endurance Driver joined and it was fun (at least for me).
But it looks like this Race will have many Crashes )
Hope we dont run into too many trouble with each other, its nearly impossible at some Places on the Track to avoid a crash if someone makes a mistake and turns around or something...
Just think of not driving too hard at limit, exspecially at the beginning when all driver are still in a row, otherwise we ll have a whole bunch of cars running into each other
Quote from TDSyco :Well we ve been training SO Long yesterday, some of the Endurance Driver joined and it was fun (at least for me).
But it looks like this Race will have many Crashes )
Hope we dont run into too many trouble with each other, its nearly impossible at some Places on the Track to avoid a crash if someone makes a mistake and turns around or something...
Just think of not driving too hard at limit, exspecially at the beginning when all driver are still in a row, otherwise we ll have a whole bunch of cars running into each other

...what are u talking about???!!!
-I go for the first spot. ...at ALL costs

...no i dont... ur right about the "take it easy" thing.
#4 - fnac
yep, same feeling here.
the counterpart is that the race will be very open, and probably it will really deserve the term of endurance.
like in some 24H races where the winner is the team who spent the less time in repairing the car :-)

fortunately we have the automatic yellow flag system.
my pedals just going crazy ( logitech crap stuff )... i'll could not race next race.. i'm unregistrating.

Manage to fix some stuff... i hope it will hold for quali... so after quali i have 1 week to fix that ... registered again
Hi,

one Question to the 12 Quali-Laps. In Aston i drive in the Quali 4 Stints of 3 Qualilaps. (the in lap i broken off). For me i drive then 12 Laps. The Stats of the Quali on the Enu Page says i drive only 8 Laps?!. Count the Inlaps to the Box? Where can i se the used Qualilaps in the Game?
A lap is only counted when you cross the finish line. So every time you see "Laptime xx.xx" our system counts one lap. Even if you press shift+s 5 meters before the finish line it will not count as a lap.
:.
What he said ^
Servers are up. Passes should be visible on the site for every member. If it doesnt work, give me a shout in irc.
divA wrong pass ?
I will start my Server this evening for training.
Its called Code-Rebellion LFS Server.
Bo, i ll be waiting for you again
Who likes to do some practise on SO Long is invited to join the Server, cya there!
I moved R. Fowler to div A on request, because he had the same time as the number 19 in div A. I allowed him to choose and he picked div A. This only happened because he had the same time as another driver.

In future cases, if two drivers have the same time, they are also given the opportunity to choose, but if there is no room to put them all in the higher div they will all be moved down to a lower div (if there is room there).
Nice!!! I m starting from Position 4 then ...
Ok, div B and C will be merged again. Be quick, password can be found on the website.
Where's Div A
Is Div A just late starting, I can't see it.
What's going on. I couldn't see Div A in LFS for some reason and missed the start. I'm so gutted.

Arrggghhh You guys set it up with all cars!! I was using the GTR filter.

There I was refreshing the server list with GTR filter for 40 minutes. I even checked LFSWorld and couldn't see the server on there. Only Div C is listed. No points again! I'm really frustrated by this! REALLY!
Talk about frustration.

I just started having freezes after my 1st pitstop and coming out from the pit i had a first small one. And i was in the t1 wall with a broken steering and wrecked car. I knew it would eventually totally freeze(like it usually does) but i tryed to keep going.

Unfortunately my pc froze totally in the next lap and my race was over. This problem just keeps coming and going. Right now i didnt have any freezes for quite a while and now it happened again. I dont know the reasons or when it can occur the most but im gonna have to find out if i want to finish any races in the future..

It might be an option that im going to stop racing in this season because i can never be sure if my hardware is gonna last. And thats not very motivating. I also know its not nice to leave a league while its lasting, but my reasons are pretty much understandable i think. Im gonna think about it.

This sucks, what can i say. Was a good race.
And div B stats by the winner, Markus Hennecke: http://www.markus-hennecke.de/ ... 09.05_230156_results.html

Frustating is also the best word to summarize my (Wouter de Bruijn) race. After taking one place at the start, it soon became clear that my last minute changes to the tyres weren't good. The rear tyres were heating up a lot in the middle and I found it hard to control the car. After a few laps, my lap times slowed and I had to let a few cars pass. I decided to pit early and make some camber and pressure changes. That fixed the problem and I had a good 2nd stint, but when I came close to the cars I had to let pass first I didn't manage to pass them.
I started making more mistakes and decided to try to pass them by strategy. However, halfway through my 2nd stints I had so much damage from hitting the wall various times I had to pit early. With 45 minutes to go I wanted to try to make it to the finish. After 40 minutes, I had a lot of damage and lost 7th place and then also got a puncture.

After making a pit stop in the last minute, I came out of the pit just before Markus crossed the finish line. I had to do another lap, but he decided to park his car on the pit exit - where I was coming. You can imagine the outcome, but I was able to finish the lap
well,

i think i can count 4 punctures for me

1st one, front right and rear left at the same time
Then one entering in pit.
Then one @ front right at end of the race .

Topi, sorry for the 1st time i passed you, i couldnt keep my car from slidind to the wall, i think i crushed you a bit on the wall
I had big fight with Topi, was fun most of time, but, some moved was a bit unfair from my point of view, but i will live with that

Rudi... man... i was faster than you, i had overlapped you, i had a big fight with Topi... and you passed me, and then blocked me ( not in purpose ).. and i spun... i'm a bit mad against you... hopeefully it will not last long

BTW, who have a voodoo pupet of me ??? because... during the race, 2 of my 4 spring in my pedals breaked,i was blocking tire every turn, because i have to get used to the new feeling, then my accel pedal went crazy, and i couldnt get full power for 4 laps, just after overtaking Torben

Lol, should i sacrifice a chicken before every race ? illepall

Looking forward for next race, Congratz Daniel.
LOL Nice drawing
The first time in Endu history that I did a nearly errorless race. I could not decide wether to go for 3 or 4 stops until one minute before the start. Merging of div c and div b gave me a few more minutes after which I still had no idea. So I decided to load fuel for a 19 lap stint and decide it later

Plaitcsys was going really fast after me. I had to be quick and so I could not take the tyres over 16 laps. Strategy was set. I loaded the same amount of fuel on the second stint and did not manage to let the tyres last longer, so after second pitstop I decided to go with less fuel. Is there any way to readjust that value in F12 view by lower numbers than 5? Anyway, it happened that I ran out of fuel while rolling into the pitlane at the third stop. I did not realise that the engine died and wondered why the car did not move... well, after realising that I had to press 'I' I was off again

The remaining laps of the race went good, until I crossed the finish line and decided to park the car in the pitlane exit. Krutch, I am really sorry about that. I just didn't realise that there was someone leaving the pits at the same moment I crossed the line .

I think those many turns and up and down passages in this track can really give you a bad time, but it keeps you concentrated for the whole race. No daydreaming on long straights

Thanks to everyone for this good race, hope to see you again on track!

Edit: An MagicFr, sacrifice that chicken in your oven

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG