The online racing simulator
I love demo.
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Thoma
I love demo.
Not.

Well I do, But I dont. I know this is posted often but it made me laugh.

Was in a race in the GTi, the leader gets crashed into and doesnt finish so retires. Im in third place already pitted. come out after and I'm winning (other 2 went into pits) theres a crasher in the game with us trying to take us outon the straight.

Im not the fastest driver. Im rather slow (1.38.1 is my PB, slow I know) but im a full 21.8 seconds ahead. And then the crasher (on my last lap) rear ends me, Blames it on me, I ignore it as I thought most of the people on there were racing. Then didnt realise theres more sheep on there and they all press one as the guy decides to ban me.

I guess I'll be buying S2 before I get a wheel then!

Rant over If it needs to be locked/deleted feel free.
#2 - th84
Yea, the best answer for you is to buy S2, then all you have to worry about is me wrecking you. I drove with a mouse for a while when i first got lfs, so yea, buy the game first.. you wont regret it.
#3 - _rod_
LOL th, didint know that.. sorry for the spam, just to make this post usefull

Yeah, you wont regret buying s2, its a whole other world here, of course there is the t1 crashes but, i never ever seen a crasher in s2 servers. BTW if you do buy, kiss goodbye ur social life
#4 - Thoma
Social life? Whats one of those

Yeah, It does seem to be more friendly and community like. Compared to the 'Every man for themselves' attitude on Demo. I was planning on getting a wheel first, but may just buy S2 and then ask for a wheel for Xmas.
There are two many people in demo mode that intentionally drive you off of the track. I was in the lead the other day and i saw another GTi hurtling towards me on the wrong sidee of the road. Also, hardly anyone in demo pays atttention to blue flags. This is why i'm buying S2 once i get my new pc.
I wrote a looong post that I was gonna publish to recommend Demo racers to not think to much on purchasing a S2 license. Instead I want to be short.

To all demo racers
Dont spend to long figureing out if you should purchase S2. Let me do it for you.

Demo = 3 cars, 3 tracks, servers filled with demolition racers
S2 = 19 cars, 9 tracks, www.lfsworld.net, fair and experienced racers who also gives you tips 'n tricks and guides on how to go fast and get the curves right.

You miss out on alot of cool stuff when it comes to racing in Demo version.
S2 brings you a whole new community and world...
So go get S2, if you can handle the preasure
Wonder how many S2 racers go back to Demo mode to take out frustrations they can't do in S2 mode? There are times when I want to go postal on certain drivers the ones who use you as brakes or a barrier to stop them going off the track then think saying 'sorry mate' is good enough, we know you do it on purpose.

Just to point out I don't go into Demo mode on a rampage, mainly because they're probably faster than me.
Quote from Nighty :Wonder how many S2 racers go back to Demo mode to take out frustrations they can't do in S2 mode? There are times when I want to go postal on certain drivers the ones who use you as brakes or a barrier to stop them going off the track then think saying 'sorry mate' is good enough, we know you do it on purpose.

Just to point out I don't go into Demo mode on a rampage, mainly because they're probably faster than me.

I sepose you can beat alot of frustration on the demo servers..
But, when it comes to paybacks on S2, that happens alot..
Many takes the gaming world way to seriouse and get so mad you kind of think they will go on a shooting rampage...

I've seen, on KY Oval, that alot of players who bumps others or block them, they are treated the same way NASCAR drivers do in real life.
You do to slow, you block or what ever, you can assure that you will be turned around and put in the wall...
Alot of times I can understand this. This happens for only 2 reasons. The player who gets turned around has either

1. they drive slow and all over the track just to make people get angry
2. they block or bump other players to try to get them to turn...

I have gone back to Demo racing mostly for fun or when showing LFS of to people I am trying to "recruit" to the game. And alot of the times we've gone on public servers, so that the new player can experience multi-drive instead of H2H, we've either been totally wrecked, turned around or spedd into the walls...

Personally I think that if there where more strict rules in LFS that if you

1. crash X times in X ammount of time, you are transported to the pits.
2. stop in a turn to make a crash and you stand there for X ammount of time, you are transported to the pits.
3. if driving wrong way for X ammount of time, you are transported to the pits.

if there had been these rules, not manually activate, but automaticly it activates in-game and prevents you to turn it off, racing would probably be more respected... Alot of servers use this but only on the dedicated ones (I think).
It could probably work better if it wasnt serverised but it's in your LFS copy, you break the rules that are in your LFS copy, you are led to the pits. Maybe I am the only one thinking this would be an okay idea, but heck, thats just me.. hehe....

LFS racing is not a matter of life but for getting a realistic racing feeling
and having fun. Too many takes it way to seriouse and sometimes that can be understandable, but when you are running a temp server, trough your LFS client, and people come on your server and starts harrasing your racing or any other racers and starts to tell you what the "FIA" rules are, you are on the wrong server
Quote from Nighty :Wonder how many S2 racers go back to Demo mode to take out frustrations they can't do in S2 mode? .

LOL

my mate has just got into the game and i have been racing him on the demo servers, its comical how things go on in there

i did 4/5 races and pretty much won them all people could obviously see i was racing and not messing about, and some bellend crashes into me and starts the whole "PRESS ONE FOR TEH CRASHER" rubbish

before you know it, im banned, and sitting infront of my pc laughing out loud, classic, explained to my mate that it happens quite a lot on demo servers LOL
Quote from Sticky-Micky :LOL

my mate has just got into the game and i have been racing him on the demo servers, its comical how things go on in there

i did 4/5 races and pretty much won them all people could obviously see i was racing and not messing about, and some bellend crashes into me and starts the whole "PRESS ONE FOR TEH CRASHER" rubbish

before you know it, im banned, and sitting infront of my pc laughing out loud, classic, explained to my mate that it happens quite a lot on demo servers LOL

Maybe Demo version should start to be called "LFS DEMOlition"
Quote from blackfang :I've seen, on KY Oval...

Well, you really took the worst example there. The oval attracts many S2 newcomers to their first driving in the fastest car available (BF1). This often causes mayhem on the ovals, especially at race starts, and all that finally led to more strict and IMO now quite ridiculous rules on oval servers.

I think it's quite sad that so many newbies head straight for the oval as soon as they have S2. Not because I think ovalers are monsters, but it generally yields the worst and most hostile driving experience for new players. It surely can be very fun for regulars and people who know what they're doing, but that is rarely the case for newbies.

Oh well
Quote from Nighty :Wonder how many S2 racers go back to Demo mode to take out frustrations they can't do in S2 mode?

Quite the opposite.. I tried it, I really did, but I'm too "nice". I tried just not giving a **** and driving like an ***hole in demo, but then on my first outlap I accidentally (I wasn't on a competitive lap yet so I wasn't being a ****) tapped a slower driver causing him to spin and felt so bad about it I couldn't bring myself to wreck or intentionally push anyone!

Uh, but yeah, I drive in demo every other day or so at least for a couple of races of the classic bl1/xfg combo but only on the select few servers where I know I can have a fast clean race.
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, you really took the worst example there. The oval attracts many S2 newcomers to their first driving in the fastest car available (BF1). This often causes mayhem on the ovals, especially at race starts, and all that finally led to more strict and IMO now quite ridiculous rules on oval servers.

I think it's quite sad that so many newbies head straight for the oval as soon as they have S2. Not because I think ovalers are monsters, but it generally yields the worst and most hostile driving experience for new players. It surely can be very fun for regulars and people who know what they're doing, but that is rarely the case for newbies.

Oh well

Yeah, it was a bad example, but I've also seen this/experienced this on other tracks... And I totally agree.. Too many newbies goes straight for Oval after purchasing the S2... But it could also be because they want to feel the type of indycar race and drive fast...
#14 - CSU1
Yep last nite I went on to demo on the Demo league server bl_gp, twas the best two hours of clean racing I've seen in a good while good server nice people
Quote from blackfang :Maybe Demo version should start to be called "LFS DEMOlition"

Maybe the Demo servers shouldn't have a Ban option at all? After all, that would surely incentivise towards S2?

Put simply, they don't compare. I recently returned to LFS after playing GPL and GP4 for a bit, and I forgot just how much fun you can really have on LFS. The most awesome community around, rivalries on the track, wheel to wheel racing, the opportunity to test new tactics... The only thing I need now is to join some real organised races!
I have to say that you find in the S2 many drivers who doule you in the turns or move without looking from the outside to the inside and causing like this crashes. There are to many of those guys
#17 - CSU1
Quote from creativesurgeon :Maybe the Demo servers shouldn't have a Ban option at all? After all, that would surely incentivise towards S2?

Put simply, they don't compare. I recently returned to LFS after playing GPL and GP4 for a bit, and I forgot just how much fun you can really have on LFS. The most awesome community around, rivalries on the track, wheel to wheel racing, the opportunity to test new tactics... The only thing I need now is to join some real organised races!

There is an option to allow vote/kick ban, it's up to the admin of the demo server weather he wants it or not I guess
Cheap People
Buy the dam game

LFS was my first sim (im old and new to this)

I then bouhgt Everything else out there looking for (better) and more fun!!!

(Anybody want some other games cheap)

I had the best all along and even bought a spare licence to support the devs (and maybe make up for one of those life long demo jerks)

Theise guys spend an incerdable ammount of time on our toy and have earned the respect they should be given by all!!!!

A demo is just that a (demonstration) not a welfare ticket or free ride!!!

Do the right thing but a licence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy the S2...I played a lot on demo servers and it's funny but you soon you get bored or frustrated about some childish behaviour or you just want to have some new cars or tracks.

I like races where I start in the 20th position from the box and end up as 5th or 4th because half of the players will crash themselves and the other I can overtake =)
Quote from mee too :Buy the dam game

LFS was my first sim (im old and new to this)

I then bouhgt Everything else out there looking for (better) and more fun!!!

(Anybody want some other games cheap)

I had the best all along and even bought a spare licence to support the devs (and maybe make up for one of those life long demo jerks)

Theise guys spend an incerdable ammount of time on our toy and have earned the respect they should be given by all!!!!

A demo is just that a (demonstration) not a welfare ticket or free ride!!!

Do the right thing but a licence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am, Im waiting for the money to enter my paypal account as we speak (Dont own a cc)
you wont regret it
YOU WONT JUST BE GETTING A GREAT SIM.

As I hope you can see from the various sites LFS includes other things like.

The oppertunity to associate with and to learn from an ecceptional bunch of RACERS (not players) with extreemly diverse backgrounds.

Myself I have 25 years of "real racing" experience that includes Outboard hydroplanes, drag outboards, karts, local stockcars, the street and several 2 stroke roadbikes.

I am alwaise amazed at the knowledge passed through the art of TWD (typing while driving) the LFS guys have an incredable ability to type and not crash.

Dont be intimidated the other day another former (real racer) and I were commenting about getting our clocks cleaned by some kids too young for the road.

And not just guys either there are some girls around with some very impressive skills too!

In one respect LFS is more fair than (real racing) It is very hard to $spend$ yourself faster Here!!

When I was racing more speed could alwaise be bought even the stock classes!

I look foreward to seeing you on the track

regards,

MEE TOO
Yeah, Im a karter too. Well, getting into racing anyway.

It happened again by the same guy. What a tool

I hope my money gets to my paypal quickly
İ AM A DEMO RACER FOR NOW TOO

yeah mates,

in demo there is a losers team named "iDi Team" that crashes every server and everyone.They crash, flood and ban all people.So i want to buy s2.There is no other crashers on demo except iDİ team.For that reason , iDİ team is the reason that i will buy s2 .if you see any iDİ crashers , please please ban him quickly !!!

I love demo.
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG