The online racing simulator
Extremely Long GP
(98 posts, started )
This is the configuration for KY that I was talking about. The distance would be about 12-14 kms, and would only require one area to be edited a bit.
So, please Eric, consider this configuration. I'm sure Endurance league would like it.

original aerial pic by andylec.
Attached images
KY_Looong.JPG
I like that very much! It's nice and long, but it also looks quite manageable to drive.

It would add a lot of value/fun to the game at a minimum labour cost.
!!!!!!!! MMMM I LOVE!! QURP

anyways speaking of the ring; rumors have it that the price to license it is around 75,000 british pounds

OOOOOOOOOPS! lol

forgot to add some 0's
75 pounds!? I'll pay for it myself!!
Quote from Qurpiz :This is the configuration for KY that I was talking about. The distance would be about 12-14 kms, and would only require one area to be edited a bit.
So, please Eric, consider this configuration. I'm sure Endurance league would like it.

And where is the start/finish? :smash3d:
Next to the secondary pit-lane?

Aston has two grid places aswell, this would just be another minor change, next to the bottom corner.
Quote from GeForz :And where is the start/finish? :smash3d:

The same place where it is on KY GP? lol
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Would be awesome if we had a track like the Nordschleife

Anyway for those who haven't seen JC @ Nordschleife with the Jaguar, I'm currently uploading it, good quality,70Mb.

Done : www.jpc-board.nl/Movies/TGRing.wmv

WOW

These guys know how to make a presentation. I don't regret downloading this for 3 days on a modem. Even if I knew many things about Nordschleife this show got me all hyped up and inspired, I'm downloading now the track for Racer.

I couldn't care less for the Jaguar but that woman is great. Reminds me of me when I'm teaching some buddies when they come over how to drive: "...accelerate, accelerate, ACCELERATE!... thats not really a corner" And in the end he was genuinely ecstatic when he did it under 10 minutes. Amazing.

Gotta remember to watch Top Gear, I always forget when its on. Thanks for this!

Oh and to stay a bit on topic: that guy talking about driving the track in Xbox game and then doing it for real, coming on one bumpy corner and "Oh my God! This wasn't in the game!" Actually that's quite dangerous isn't it. Being overconfident driving simulated track then getting a nasty and potentially disastrous surprise just because few bumps havent been modeled correctly. Always a trouble with real tracks. I mean its never really real, its just too difficult to do it exactly right.

So this makes Eric's LFS tracks perfectly real - they don't exist anywhere else! When we drive Blackwood we REALLY DO drive Blackwood, not its copy cause this is IT. We don't pretend to be in Nuerburgring and play like we really drive it, we don't play a game hehe.
Quote from Misko :So this makes Eric's LFS tracks perfectly real - they don't exist anywhere else! When we drive Blackwood we REALLY DO drive Blackwood, not its copy cause this is IT. We don't pretend to be in Nuerburgring and play like we really drive it, we don't play a game hehe.

That's a nice way of looking at it . Maybe when LFS takes over the world and someone tries to recreate BL in RL, we can all whine that the chicane is 3cm off .
Quote from bobvanvliet :That's a nice way of looking at it . Maybe when LFS takes over the world and someone tries to recreate BL in RL, we can all whine that the chicane is 3cm off .

I ensure you, when I win kabzillion euros in lottery, I'm going to build Kyoto Ring to Finland. Copy it inch by inch....
lol... i would do that with aston^^
#62 - Vain
Quote from Cue-Ball :Are you kidding me? The best racing game on the planet and you won't shell out a few bucks for it because of ONE TRACK? If there's not enough content in the game already for you to pay for it, there will never be enough.

I like LFS very much. I greatly enjoy it. I will propably even buy the S2-license. But I'm not going to buy it because the current content of LFS. If I am to buy a license I will do so purely for the reason that I sympathise with the developers for creating something like this on their own. I would do that without additional contents for the license.
But beside giving the developers money because I like their "Let's do a game"-attitude there is currently no reason in buying the S2 license. The Nordschleife would change this, though.

What is the point of racing (in reality and simulation) beside the Nordschleife?

Vain
Quote from Vain :What is the point of racing (in reality and simulation) beside the Nordschleife?

Having a blast?
Quote from Vain :But beside giving the developers money because I like their "Let's do a game"-attitude there is currently no reason in buying the S2 license. The Nordschleife would change this, though.

What is the point of racing (in reality and simulation) beside the Nordschleife?

So, the over 40 tracks and almost 20 cars aren't enough without that one track? Give me a break. Without buying the S2 license you're missing out on some of the best tracks ever created - real or imagined.
One hell of a track.
I know from first hand experience what the NurBurgring feels like, as i have driven it about 10 time in the last 4 years! I was overtaken by the lady instructor that did the Topgear program in the transit van!! She is F***ing quick! She holds the record for the quickest lap in a standard production car.

I would be awsome to have this track, or one similar, in lfs. Something with VERY long straights, but also tight turns, so you have to comprimise in some areas. Sharp elevation changes are also great fun: too much speed + too little wing = TAKEOFF!!!!!

This would make for an awsome combination!

I am going back to the ring in three weeks time, this time with my dads car....BMW 3 series Alpina! I just hope i make it round in one piece! i've only crashed once ........sofar!
This Nordschleife issue isn't quite realistic for a year or few more likely, but i'm sure the developer team would make the best Nürbu ever made in a computer game..

I just loved to have a blast in there with 60's F1 or Racer's BMW..
I've already promised myself to go there IRL within 10 years
Quote from Qurpiz :This is the configuration for KY that I was talking about. The distance would be about 12-14 kms, and would only require one area to be edited a bit.

:iagree:
How about a track that combines all of the tracks we have now? Like start on blackwood then it goes into fernbay, then into the city mayb,e etc etc? That should be a pretty long track
Problem with that is that the scenery doest mesh well, i really really like the idea of the KY combined track
Then it'll need new scenery
Nordschliefe came with Grand Prix Legends. Versions similar to this track are available for F1C99-02, GTR, NR2003, and some other games.

There are two basic layouts, on is 14.1 miles long, the other is 1.2 miles shorter, done by a link that by passes the old start/finish straight, uturn, and return straight. I made a picture showing this bypass link in red:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nrd.jpg

Other changes since the 1967 version used in Grand Prix Legends include smoothing out some bumps, drops, and rises on the track.

Some fast lap times (I think this was on the 13 mile long layout):
Stefan Bellof - Porsche 956 - 6:11 in 1983 practice session.
Derek Bell - Porsche 956 - 6:26 during 1983 1000km race.

There's a on board video of Derek Bell doing a 6:41 lap at Nordschliefe, but I can't find it right now.

Estimated F1 lap time is under 6 minutes. This can be done with F1C99-02 on the 14.1 mile course (I've done a few 5:55's).

The longest race track circuit (ignoring 1000km Baja type events), is probaly Ilse of Mann. They run motorcycle time trials there once a year. It's 37.75 miles long, and is fairly fast. In recent years, top lap times are just below 18 minutes, 126+mph average. It's dangerous, and the fatality rate is pretty high, but then again, so is Nordschleife when it's open to the public as a toll road (mostly motorcycle fatalities, armco is not good for motorcycles).
#72 - avih
poor quality on that vid. But still extremely funny to watch.

Exhausting track.
Yeah I've been a passenger in a lap around the (original) TT circuit, it does go on for ever. Some lovely scenery too. Pretty hairy though. Thankfully the Isle of Mann doesn't have speed limits (apart from in towns), so you can gun it on the straightier bits. The new circuit is somewhat short, but still...

I don't think that track has ever been in a game, but the considering you'd have to model the entire island that's understandable. Well if Eric ever gets bored...
#75 - avih
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah I've been a passenger in a lap around the (original) TT circuit, it does go on for ever. Some lovely scenery too. Pretty hairy though. Thankfully the Isle of Mann doesn't have speed limits (apart from in towns), so you can gun it on the straightier bits. The new circuit is somewhat short, but still...

I don't think that track has ever been in a game, but the considering you'd have to model the entire island that's understandable. Well if Eric ever gets bored...

Actually, GPL has quite an impressive reconstruction of that track. "only" 15.4 miles though. guide with screenshots

Extremely Long GP
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG