The online racing simulator
Are the other LFS players like me,....
for whom LFS has become the only game in town?

Players who believe that LFS has become the de facto standard in physics modeling with regards to driving, tire and collision.

Players who having found the "holy grail", cannot bring themselves to play any other mediocre "Physics deficient" games.

Players who don't have the time to play online, and Players who are desperately seeking some good AI to race.

Please DEVS, I know LFS was developed to be an online multiplayer game, but can you move "decent AI" up the implementation list?

PS- I would gladly take the excellent AI of the GTR2 demo which has horrendously flawed physics any day of the week. Just copy and paste
PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

As the GOLD STANDARD in physics modelling, do you not now owe it to the sim community to have at least decent AI?
You can find servers in LFS at nearly every hour of the day, so you can play online instead offline

I think the problem is that having only one coder, features to implemente have to be choosen carefully (well, I think), and LFS needs a bunch of lines of code in some areas I'm no AI fan, but maybe in the future...

It's said that AI's can learn over time, but I didn't notice it.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Scawen should remove the whole AI until it gets updated and then simply edit the LFS logo, underlining the "online" word in it. At least that should stop the whining about how stupid the AI is.
No! Don't take the AI! With the totalitarian firewall we have at uni they're the only thing keeping me sane.
So without AI you wouldn't get your daily wrecker dosis? You have to admit, they're really good at it
#6 - CSU1
THE AI NEED
YOU!:drevil:
I also want the AI improved. It is a great way to practice alternative lines for a league race without making online racers want to ban you as a wrecker You can say a lot of things about the AI, but they don't carry a grudge and they don't start cursing at you

However, Eldanor is right, you can race online anytime, with little planning. People are not going to be offended if you pop in for one race and then leave. I used to think that it was rude to do that, but it isn't. Come out, race a few laps, say bye, and leave. No big deal.

If it is a track and car combo that you don't know well, then tell everybody, start from the back and be careful. You can sill get good racing in and you will be surprised at how quick you pick it up.
Quote from AndroidXP :So without AI you wouldn't get your daily wrecker dosis? You have to admit, they're really good at it

I've taken to putting the AI in faster cars than me and starting at the back of the field. It says something about the AI quality that I can beat a BF1 in the FO8 around any track.
#9 - jtr99
Quote from Hallen :You can say a lot of things about the AI, but they don't carry a grudge and they don't start cursing at you

Yes, but maybe after Scawen has worked on them, they'll start doing these things.

Quote :However, Eldanor is right, you can race online anytime, with little planning. People are not going to be offended if you pop in for one race and then leave.

I agree completely. OP, I wonder what you really mean by saying that you "don't have the time" to race online? I wonder if maybe you're just being shy -- you don't have to be anywhere near a perfect driver to enjoy an online race. As long as you apologize for your mistakes and compete in good faith, people will be happy to have you on any server. And if your style is slow and steady, you may find that you get some podiums anyway due to more aggressive people bumping each other into the gravel traps.

Or are you a perfectionist maybe? You don't want to go online until your times are at world record level?
Quote from spookthehamster :I've taken to putting the AI in faster cars than me and starting at the back of the field. It says something about the AI quality that I can beat a BF1 in the FO8 around any track.

It's nice to race against the AI packing your own car with fuel and passengers. You have to use the same huge braking distances than them... it sorts out the field for a while.

BTW, nice deep Montoya quote.
Quote from jtr99 :Yes, but maybe after Scawen has worked on them, they'll start doing these things.

well i agree with that
cos i will not stop doing this things with them as they dont give a fcuk where they turn in
and indeed its great practice for overtaking lines.
and the point when i can overtake them easily is kind of pass for online play imho.

moreover, improving them would be, apart from crackers lan parties, another cause for not buying full version. so i foresee that with AIs having radar look and predicting next turn there will be need to turn demoland into 1 track layout, 1 weather, 1 car area instead of taste of S2 wonderland.
#12 - Nard
Look, the AI might be stupid, but I really have fun racing them. It makes practicing more realistic race conditions driving easier. Whenever I hop online and i'm not really good on a track, I get all stressed I'm going to pull noob moves and get yelled at...

So I put a whole grid of AI's and have my fun.
If I see an public online race on a combo I don't know, I usually do a few laps offline to learn the track then go online and make sure I'm at the back of the grid, brake early and take it easy and stay out of the way of the fast guys.

Half the time I still finish on the podium because everyone else crashes and leaves or resets! (What is it with everyone doing that on the public servers? :shrug
to answer the first post... YES!

LFS have taken over my whole Racing Game Genre! I used to be a hardcore Gran Turismo Fan but since i bought my Logitech PC Wheel i dont even look at Gran Turismo anymore. I tried different PC games but no game comes close to the feeling of LFS.
Duh
YES ITS THE ONLY SIM

And I being one of those NOTHINGS EVER GOOD ENOUGH dumbasses

Now own and have tried ALl of the others the time i wasted elsewhere.

Also LFS seems to have attracted a better Quality of people.

theres no better place to be!!

See ya on the track

MEE TOO

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13490

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG