The online racing simulator
A Panic Button
(15 posts, started )
A Panic Button
Sometimes when I am trying to type something, or shift 'r' or 's' during a race I inadvertently press other combinations by accident e.g. shift 'd' or something!! Sometimes the 'mistaken' combination I have pressed changes a setting ingame, and as I don't (as I am sure most of us dont) know all of the keyboard shortcuts by memory, I can't remember what buttons I have inadvertently pressed to reset back as it was before the keys were pressed (as my attention is on the road and not down at the keyboard). i hope you understand what I am trying to say

What we need is a 1 button 'PANIC' button that resets all settings to as they were at startup.

Just a simple idea
Ive not changed settings but i have pressed other key combinations but it seems luckily for me they havent done anything, but if they did i would like a panic button. So +1 from me.
#3 - CSU1
Quote from ferret :Sometimes when I am trying to type something, or shift 'r' or 's' during a race I inadvertently press other combinations by accident e.g. shift 'd' or something!! Sometimes the 'mistaken' combination I have pressed changes a setting ingame, and as I don't (as I am sure most of us dont) know all of the keyboard shortcuts by memory, I can't remember what buttons I have inadvertently pressed to reset back as it was before the keys were pressed (as my attention is on the road and not down at the keyboard). i hope you understand what I am trying to say

What we need is a 1 button 'PANIC' button that resets all settings to as they were at startup.

Just a simple idea

I can't remember what buttons I have inadvertently pressed to reset back as it was before the keys were pressed
I bet you keep pressing shift+d m8
just a simple idea
#4 - herki
I'd like to see an "I didn't want to press that combo"-button. If I play singleplayer, I usually quit the race by pressing SHIFT+X. When I go only then, and I'm left with one person on the server and want to quit, I sometimes end up pressing SHIFT+X, which means quitting the race for both of us and maybe ruin a PB for the other guy. So in my opinion it would be great, if we could abort the last command like SHIFT+R/X by pressing Esc
#5 - jtr99
+1, good idea Ferret.

I was confused by the name of the thread bacause here it's called:
"Grandma Button" (like we have on tv remote controls to get the standard settings back)
"Panic Button" is here something that brings you back to the desktop immediatly (if the Boss is comming into the office and you don't want to get caught playing something )

Anyway +1
Quote :"Panic Button" is here something that brings you back to the desktop immediatly (if the Boss is comming into the office and you don't want to get caught playing something )

That might be helpful for some, too!
Windows key + D = show desktop.
It should be called the Cat Recovery Button and it gets a +98 for me, that's one for every time my darling Freddie Kruger has jumped onto the keyboard.
/masterreset command +1
I also want a button which not only minimises LFS, but opens up a microsoft word window with an essay in it.
Haha, I vaguely remember an old game that had a 'Boss' key. Press it and the game would pause and minimize, and a spreadsheet would appear
Quote from P1lot :Haha, I vaguely remember an old game that had a 'Boss' key. Press it and the game would pause and minimize, and a spreadsheet would appear

Yeah. Leisure suit larry 1 had something similar
I have never needed to use it but I had it installed just incase

Quote from herki :I'd like to see an "I didn't want to press that combo"-button. If I play singleplayer, I usually quit the race by pressing SHIFT+X. When I go only then, and I'm left with one person on the server and want to quit, I sometimes end up pressing SHIFT+X, which means quitting the race for both of us and maybe ruin a PB for the other guy. So in my opinion it would be great, if we could abort the last command like SHIFT+R/X by pressing Esc

You can hit escape when its counting. If you hit ESC when your hosting and you restart then it will cancel

A Panic Button
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG