The online racing simulator
Any chance of a real progress report any time soon? This kitchen stuff is nice an all, but an LFS progress report would be much more interesting.

Some new screen shots and a few words on the latest "updated" dev version you have would be nice, like we used to get while you was working on S1/S2.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :I knew i would get that kind of reply.

Maybe santa will bring us a present if we're all good little boys and girls? :wmann3:

Maybe a post from Eric?
Thanks Scawen for reply Aaah nice a new (test) patch Our toilet also makes that funny weird noise when you flush.. Specially if you stand outside next to the pipes on the stairs (pipes move outside and then down, but there's a stairs there to our garden). But not really a problem beside some 'gorgelling' when you flush after a big delivery
Quote from GianniC :Thanks Scawen for reply Aaah nice a new (test) patch Our toilet also makes that funny weird noise when you flush.. Specially if you stand outside next to the pipes on the stairs (pipes move outside and then down, but there's a stairs there to our garden). But not really a problem beside some 'gorgelling' when you flush after a big delivery

Not sure if it's the same sound. With mine the flushing is ok but if the service valve isn't turned down, it's the refilling that makes the noise, it's a huge vibration sound, kind of like a bass note of an organ or like a fog horn, like there's a ship arriving in the port or something.
Quote from three_jump :Maybe a post from Eric?

This would be his first post in the new forum. Unfortunately Eric is still hiding :hidesbehi
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Scawen :toilet [...] fill rate

Let's benchmark our toilet's fill rates *wheee*

Quote from GP4Flo :This would be his first post in the new forum. Unfortunately Eric is still hiding :hidesbehi

Maybe he is working hard on the RB4-WRC, or however you wanna call it
How 'simple' things like toilets can be myserious and complicated... illepall Can't really imagine the sound..but have sort of an idea.. Strange sound to hear in your toilet/bathroom !

Orion: "Let's benchmark our toilet's fill rates *wheee*"

eeuhh...forget the comment lol you wouldn't even listen
Quote from Scawen :Not sure if it's the same sound. With mine the flushing is ok but if the service valve isn't turned down, it's the refilling that makes the noise, it's a huge vibration sound, kind of like a bass note of an organ or like a fog horn, like there's a ship arriving in the port or something.

By chance Scawen do you not have a Surge Arrester or air chamber on that feed? I am guessing you do not. The air chamber acts as a damper to even out the pressure in the line preventing or reducing the vibration that can be caused in the water lines and is likely causeing the noise. If you have already sealed up the wall you may have to live with it, if not maybe you could add one first.

This issue is refered to as "Water Hammer".

http://www.plastomatic.com/water-hammer.html
http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/PipeNoises.htm
No, there is no air chamber. I don't know if this is a relevant point, but it's only a small house, with one bathroom right above the kitchen, with a combination boiler in the kitchen and no tanks anywhere, so the water supply system is very small now and there aren't any long pipes. I don't know if that means that surge arresters and air chambers shouldn't be needed?

Anyway i think maybe it would be a good idea to try fitting a new ballcock in the toilet. At least it's easier than cutting and soldering any more painted pipes! Because the sink, bath and shower don't make any funny noises, it might just be a faulty ballcock, rather than a problem with the pipes.
Quote from GP4Flo :This would be his first post in the new forum. Unfortunately Eric is still hiding :hidesbehi

"surely" is because he is hardly working on new tracks, cars and a rally pack

"surely" before christmas we will be gifted of a mountain track and new amazing cars
Scawen I have a similar size house also with combi boiler and guess what, have the same noise sometimes .. I have found that adjusting the main stopcock a little (slightly less or more pressure) makes this noise much better , I think replacing the systern ballcock valve like you say might also help .

SD.
What's up with all those small houses and noises they make illepall

Just live in a big house, like I do
Bump.. how about a 2006 update? on the kitchen that is.
Please no more kitchen, I wanna know the progress of any bug fixes or final touch ups.... please.

I for one am not amused by house updates, or generally don't like this uncertainty and updates unrelated to the game.... my LFS needs a bath....

Quote from Honey :
Quote from GP4Flo :
This would be his first post in the new forum. Unfortunately Eric is still hiding

"surely" is because he is hardly working on new tracks, cars and a rally pack

But wait... where is our updated LX and RB4 models........ Rally pack is such a myth until we have proof.
Quote from Tweaker :Please no more kitchen......

WHAT?? No more kitchen updates??? Awe, come on!! I don't know how, but I totally missed the talk about the toilet up there. Now were talkin good stuff!!! God's Throne!!! LOL.
Haven't seen Scawen arround the forums much lately, can only mean one thing he's hard at it again
:doh: must remember to read dates.... I read the first 4 pages of this thread until I recognized the bike pictures LOL....
Quote from B2B@300 :Haven't seen Scawen arround the forums much lately, can only mean one thing he's hard at it again

Yeah, those damn kitchens, take forever.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :It'd make sense if the larger the project grows, the longer it takes to make any valuable improvements to it.

In a way that is right... but it just seems things have slowed down to a crawl these days. I've mentioned it before.... that having this S2 release now has stopped our annual progress reports and little tid-bits of information we normally got during the pre-S2 era. That was fun, I miss it to death, and even miss having intermittent updates like we had in S1. As of now, LFS is starting to expand, yes, but at the same time, it hasn't changed much since S2 Alpha release. Either I am really worried, or just have grown old of it from such the long gaps between constantly playing the game every night (S1), to trying to play the game with a sense of knowing how long I waited and the interest which dwindled down. It is hard to explain, but just simple progress reports can keep me going with this game -- livens up your expectations during long waits. If we just sit here without knowning anything really... it's boring as hell.

LFS has to be the game that superscedes all other games I've played in terms of how long I've played it (and the fun factor of course). Counterstrike was and is still alive, constant updates with news or content... whatever it may be, and I still play that every now and then. I used to play it a lot when I was younger.... but LFS took its place. I played continuously in S1, enjoyed it, and S2 was a highly anticipated step for one of my favorite games. But then to see it released and then quietly dance in the fog, a lot of the community outreach has been lost in the process. Everyone just ends up saying "Oh, they don't talk much because they are busy". Of course, we can expect that from the devs, they probably are, but the only way we can know for sure is with updates.... thus reassuring us that the product we are interested in is still alive. Simple business practice for keeping your member base connected. But the reassurance has gone. A simple to-do list for S2 final on the main website is the smallest of information to satisfy us even. That's nothing big, nothing crazy, just a better way of telling us "Ok you can shut up now, sit down and relax" . I don't demand updates, that gets a "not a democracy response", I only am a fan of LFS that misses the way LFS once was 'connected' to its users.

Sounds corny, but I like to think of this situation like so:

LFS has been like a lighthouse for simracers, guiding them to the right path, helping them steer clear from the danger of bad simulations. It itself doesn't and shouldn't move around so much that it creates change and a loss of guidance... it should just stay put, stand tall over everything else, and shine brighter so everyone can see what is going on. But the light is getting dim, and the fog is getting thick, now what can we see? I just hope the devs stay tall, and replace the damned bulb!!!!!

:doh:
Damn Tweaker... That last post was borderlining pure poetry :goodvibes
I agree that small tidbits of info every now and then helps. Sort of keeps everyone happy and the time until the next patch doesn't feel so long. Having said that, I must also say that I'm pretty confident that the devs are working at the best of their ability to improve this magnificent sim as we type this. Who knows?... They might just be so busy finalizing the next patch that they just don't have time to post much of anything
Yah good post Tweaker.

Like many others I understand all the reasons for the tight lips of the devs, but that doesn't mean the desire for a little info goes away. Well posted nothing to add I just agree totally.
Think that post pretty much says it all for mee too. Times has changed, from Demo/S1 where I used all available time on LFS to now, only playing with LFS-tweak off-line every now and then, but hey, was online yesterday for the first time in months. Still good fun!
I want a "lack of progress" report.
This thread is closed

How about a KITCHEN progress report?
(510 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG