The online racing simulator
AI drifting?
(36 posts, started )
Quote from DRFT KING :Does my name say grip king, no. So why should i have all the world record times? If you know anything about drifting you'll know its got nothing to do with times. illepall

your name doesnt say drift either (FYI)
Quote from XCNuse :your name doesnt say drift either (FYI)

heh, yea. Some noob stole Drift King so i had do drop the i. Looks close anough
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
how about we stop arguing and put forward the ai teaching idea

offline we can "create an AI" and train them while driving alongside for them to watch and copy :P..i think we have something like this already cuse i accidently ramed the ai while testing brake application and after the race it said "Ai Saved knowledge" and he rammed me on the next race :|

how about an Ai training for you to be able to do after/ along with the training we have now. so we can make the ai as competitive as we are for the sake of improving ourselves and racing style while the ai improve along with us ... ok my idea =

Ai training>click>skill training -use the previously setup ai (by you ) to improve your own skills.
Ai Skill training - this is where you would do a few laps and the ai would learn from them (your inconsistancies and such)
Training
offline race> in here tere would be an option to chose the AI (for instance if you race or drift you can chose which ai you setup for either and go have some fun
... good idea? (yayaya S3 sorta thing :P )
#29 - SamH
The relevent verbs are to race and to drift. The mission in drifting is to drift, not to race. The mission in racing is to race, not to grip. I personally consider that using the term "grip racing" to refer to racing is utterly pointless and a waste of good font.

Drifting is, to racing, what line dancing is to a 100m sprint. And you'll never catch me line dancing
#30 - SamH
Quote from Ricerguy :how about we stop arguing and put forward the ai teaching idea

It's there

Given that Scawen's history, prior to LFS, had a significant amount of AI experience in there, I think the long-term prospects for GOOD AI are strong
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I want to race the WR!
#32 - SamH
@ SamH good idea nonthe less?
Yes that AI learning thing sounds good.
Most people will be able to work up the AIs skill levels beating them. But with that learning idea. Then u can only get better and better.
and reduce the accidents damn im loving that idea more and more. anything it may be missing though?
#36 - Woz
Quote from BigDave :Yes that AI learning thing sounds good.
Most people will be able to work up the AIs skill levels beating them. But with that learning idea. Then u can only get better and better.

Just as a note, the AI does learn at the moment and can learn from you but this is more about lines to take, so will not pick up drifting. Set a 50 lap race going with them and look at their times at the end of the race, they will be loads faster. (Big issue here is that the next race they will think they can still go that fast on cold tires and then they just crash out)

Also if you make sure that when you train AI you do random position starts they will get better at passing.

The key missing issues at present are learning about tire heat and wear and also pit stops. If that was sorted they would be loads better.

AI drifting?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG