The online racing simulator
Toughest Corner in LFS
(62 posts, started )
Toughest Corner in LFS
All these NASCAR discussions got me thinking about the nature of oval racing (one high speed sweeper after another) which got me thinking about the difficulty of taking high speed sweepers in a low downforce car which got me thinking about difficult corners in general which led to the question of which corner or corner combination would be considered the most difficult in LFS.

So, what is considered the most difficult corner or corner combination of the LFS tracks? Its likely different depending upon the car, but for each type of car what would that be?

Discuss.
Well, for one... I rarely ever feel that I'm getting everything out of the final corner at Westhill. It's a increasing/decreasing (depending on which way you're going) radius corner, it's on an incline, and it's very very easy to get too deep into it. It's easy to drive it safely, but it's very hard to get it just right at the limit.
Havent drove all the tracks yet, but here is some them that I think is hard...
FOX on SO Classic: Hard chicane
FZR on Aston last chicane
BF1 Kyoto GP Long, last corners
BF1 Kyoto National first hairpin

-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
The one on Fern Bay Black with that woman in the grandstands lifiting her shirt.
SO Classic rev, the downhill and then the chicane after is pretty scary
But fun ..
Quote from thisnameistaken :SO City Long Rev., the long bumpy right-hander coming down off the overpass and back up into the city. Easily the hardest corner in LFS.

that, and this one:

The weight shift going up that little chicane on aston is pretty easy to misjudge, especially with a light car...
The last few corners of Kyoto GP Long in an FO8 is hard, I always seem to have a lack of grip through the corners
@jollyeskimo: With some damper tuning, I had no problem going flat out on that turn (AS Cadet Rev) with the MRT as long as I got the line right.

I agree with DWB, though, I've always had a really tough time with the last corner on WE1, especially going back to the early S2 days with the FO8 and the old tire physics.
#9 - dev
WestHill reversed T1 for sure. It's even more difficult than in the fwd direction because it starts wide and tightens. Comming off of TOP speed too; considering the entrance to the straight that leads to it is a top gear flat out left (which happens to be my favorite turn in LFS). Then you have to brake hard and turn in to a decreasing radius 2nd gear right hander.... Quite challenging I think. But then WE1R is never used, but also one of the best tracks in LFS, especially in the LRF cars!
#11 - Vain
T1 and T2 of Blackwood GP Rev. T1 goes over a crest and you have to carefully prepare the braking-zone for T2 during T1.
The heavier the car the bigger the challange in that turn. XRT or FZ5 are brilliant there. You can do hundrets of laps and still get it wrong every third time.

Depending on the car the last turn of Aston Nastional Reversed is very difficult. More difficult than T1 of Westhill reversed (which is similar) because the As Nat Rev turn is bigger and you have to decrease speed very controlled.

Vain
Quote from Vain :T1 and T2 of Blackwood GP Rev. T1 goes over a crest and you have to carefully prepare the braking-zone for T2 during T1.

Forgot about that one, that's a killer turn

Edit: Considering my avatar I should've thought of that :
Quote from Forbin :@jollyeskimo: With some damper tuning, I had no problem going flat out on that turn (AS Cadet Rev) with the MRT as long as I got the line right.

I agree with DWB, though, I've always had a really tough time with the last corner on WE1, especially going back to the early S2 days with the FO8 and the old tire physics.

opposite for me. that corner sorta reminds me of the last corner on monza except tighter. it feels like very easy corner to me.
KY1 Turn 3. The smallest mistake screws your laptime totally. Maybe some other corners are more difficult to take, but the result of a screwed t3 on KY1 is hard.
Quote from Crazy Harry :KY1 Turn 3. The smallest mistake screws your laptime totally. Maybe some other corners are more difficult to take, but the result of a screwed t3 on KY1 is hard.

What, in a BF1? It's flat. OK so smoothness is important, but it's not like you'll ever run wide into grass when you don't take the line perfect (like T2 at Westhill).
BF1 isn´t the hardest in that corner. MRT or FZR are more difficult. You have to hit the apex around the whole corner, 2mm too far to the left -> spin.

T2 in WE is easy imho.
The bumpy corners in SO and especially the last corner in AS North (or Cadet rev) before the start line straight because of the damn bump. Maybe not really the hardest but at least the most annoying corner. I just hate it when the bumps makes the car slide no matter how carefully you try to drive it and to be fast you have to drive it in a certain unrealistic way.
That corner on the drag straight........now that's tough!
The chicane in the shadows in South City, every car. We all know which one! That thing has caused more chain accidents then...let's just say when joking about how many chain accidents something has caused people mention that chicane.

Also on BL1 the turn after the straight. That corner makes or brakes your time on BL1. I always had problems with it and when comparing the analyzed replays of me and the WR I lost 0,2 seconds there. Everything else was WR speed.
i would have to say Fe Green chicane and KY GP Long last tight turns in last sector
Well, not exactly one corner... This part of Aston is imo the hardest one... You can lose so much time just by one slight mistake... And those curbs are killers when your setup isn't top-notch or you happen to take any other than the perfect line...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I find getting a decent line through the last corner of As Club to be fairly impossible, it's very important for the run down the straight.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :But then WE1R is never used, but also one of the best tracks in LFS, especially in the LRF cars!

I guess, the next 2 weeks will be heaven for you then, because many people will be practicing for the OLFSL race on this combo.

IMO the hardest corners are at Fern Bay. Tbh, I cant think of any corner there, that I dont find hard.
I found Westhill the hardest track overall. Many fast corners which are hard to drive fast. And that last corner, it's like paraboilica(spelling?) at Monza, Italy, expect slower.
The one hardest turn for me would be downhill chicane at Aston. In race, it's just too difficult to drive through it at maximum speed without risking the whole race.
@zeugnimod: I have to agree about Fern Bay to some extent. The high curbs are a real challenge.

Toughest Corner in LFS
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG