The online racing simulator
A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
A1 Gp
It will take place after the F1 season, and the first race is at Brands Hatch on the 25th September. They hope it will become the World Cup of motorsport pitting countries against each other in open-wheeled V8's. There will be one car per country, and there are 25 countries taking part. Personally I am really looking forward to it, and have already got tickets to Brands (only £28). Whats everyone elses opinion on it?

go portugal!
Yes, this seems like a really great idea. Fith Gear did a feature on it (Fifth Gear - [07x03] - 2005.04.04). I like the way all the cars are basically the same..pure driver skill is what counts, should make for some good races. I just hope they can generate enough attention.
Not sure about the Dubai track...lots of sand blowing around. could be interesting
Apparently they've also been designed to leave a pretty clean wake behind the rear wing, and also to have a front wing which is efficient in dirty air. So in theory there should be more overtaking.
this A1 gp will be a good challenge to the drivers and also a good competition between the countries, but what can i say GO PORTUGAL
I really want to goto the race at brands, It's my "local" track, but I have no-one to go with Looks like it's going to be a great series though.
Cant wait for it ! and the fact that its a coutry oriented thing gives everyone a good chance to show off, not like the super lobby oriented F1.

Go Portugal !!!

PS: Just hope TVs go along so everyone can see it!
GO PORTUGAL!
interesting new series...... but no czech team
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Fragmatic :I really want to goto the race at brands, It's my "local" track, but I have no-one to go with Looks like it's going to be a great series though.

go on your own.

I have been to a couple of meetings at oulton or donnington on my own and you always find someone to chat to, even if you dont the atmosphere makes up for it at the bigger meetings.

I'm racing karts that weekend so i cant go
Hmm, would be nice, if we could have something like this in lfs
I'm thinking about going to the german race at the Lausitzing, anybody else going there?
I'm looking forward to something new and fresh. The qualifying system looks strange imo, but I think that the racing should be good. The times in testing seem to be rather spread out mind.
Looks like I might be going to the brands race afterall (If I can find the cash)

Anyone up for an LFS mini meet?
They are coming to Laguna Seca.... which means I instantly love the series

Will buy tickets and go see them for sure! (Only about 1h 1/2 away from where I live)
Quote from Lible :Hmm, would be nice, if we could have something like this in lfs

we do... LFS Nations Cup http://nationscup.forumer.com

I'll be at Brands and HOPEFULLY Laguna Seca. Friend of mine owns Irish Team and the driver is also a good friend of mine, so.... GO IRELAND!!
Quote from nikimere :Friend of mine owns Irish Team and the driver is also a good friend of mine, so.... GO IRELAND!!

Sweet, we have an Irish team
Quote from Madman_CZ :interesting new series...... but no czech team

errr... there is a Czech Team

[EDIT] Read ALL posts before replying!! :doh:[/EDIT]
Getting close now. Hopefully its going to be an intresting event and i'm curious to see how its going to pan out. Its a strange system they've got like the sprint race finishing positions are the main events starting places but it could just work!

Also intrested to see if the 'Push To Pass' button is going to be used to good affect, I'm sure with an extra 30bhp or so they'll be able to do something special.

Nice track to start the season off aswell, plenty of overtaking at the hairpin hopefully and various other places.

andy.
Yes really looking forward to it now, there seems to be no real indication of how close the racing is going to be, but brands hatch will certainly allow it if it's close. Anyone going?
#23 - Gizz
ive been hearing lots about it but i havent took the time to check it out yet, but from what i have been hearing it should be fun and its GREAT to see everyone have a go (countrys) and funding is not going to be the be all and end all like F1,...

ill check it out now, i think im on holiday on race day but ill check if not i might pop down ticket prices seem reasonable too if anyone else decides to go we will have to set a meeting point Bagzee first at the burger bar
awesome race. Piquet and Halliday drove brilliantly. Good to see a big crash as well :P
For anyone who went - I demand photos! <3

A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG