The online racing simulator
A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
Yea, this is more like the kind of formula race I'd love to see, F1 bores me with all their gadgets. A1GP has no gadgets like TC, it's all down to the drive. There should be alot of over- and understeer they said.

And I believe I heard there was less slipstream for the rear wing being smaller?
Quote from Fragmatic :For anyone who went - I demand photos! <3

will have some for u tomorrow
Quote from (SaM) :Yea, this is more like the kind of formula race I'd love to see, F1 bores me with all their gadgets. A1GP has no gadgets like TC, it's all down to the drive. There should be alot of over- and understeer they said.

And I believe I heard there was less slipstream for the rear wing being smaller?

*cough* boost button *cough*....

But apart from that you're right. You could actually see them kicking the back out from time to time.
So they have boost like in Champ Car I guess? I suppose that is ok, makes for some interesting passing.
Quote from nikimere :will have some for u tomorrow

I love you. I'm really annoyed that I didn't get to go
#31 - OPK
w00t

A shame I did not find any TV station that covers it for free in germany.
Any footage? :P
Same here

P.s. Are you going to the next race in Germany, OPK?
#33 - OPK
Nopes.

The Eurospeedway is just ~90 minutes away from me, but I don´t really have time atm...
there was a live stream on a1gp.com
Quote from Da Hoe :there was a live stream on a1gp.com

WHATTT? bugger.
you could have told me that earlier !!! lol

a well i'll have to find highlights on the web somewhere.

was it a good race? plenty of overtaking?

andy.
Sorry, no pics guys, but it was a damn good day, and saw plenty of close racing. The excitement of the crowd was electrifying in the feature race when team GBR overtook the ossies and Brazil in the pits, only it to all end before one lap. Piquet was top draw throughout, especially his brilliant passing manouvre to overtake Australia, and he got a very good reception from the crowd after that. Loads of the dutch turned up with air horns and smoke grenades. Laughed when Verstappen was the first retirement of the series.
could have sworn i saw Scawen there... or at least a guy who look amazingly like him! Scawen u there?
Quote from Eddster :Loads of the dutch turned up with air horns and smoke grenades. Laughed when Verstappen was the first retirement of the series.

Ah yes, but did you laugh when in the feature race (*cough* where the UK retired *cough*) he drove his bright orange machine from 25th to 9th in the opening lap?!

In the end, he finished 7th, in the pack that was led by no. 3, quite an accomplishment coming from last place on the grid. Anyhoo, this shows how fun the whole A1 thing is. I'm a fan for sure .
#40 - OPK
they still seem like they are not used to driving formula cars. :/ hope it gets better in the future.

plus honestly im not a big fan of the "push to pass" button
Great formula idea but they REALLY need to learn about blue flags.
Total noob's down 3 laps dicing with the leaders. A definate Southern Hemisphere victory, Brazil, Aust & NZ.
Yeah, Verstaphen (sp) did ok, last on grid to 7th but Halliday ( NZ ) had never driven the track before & came from pitlane to 4th.
And if it wasn't for the above noob's could easily have been 3rd.
Still, as NZ said earlier, thats our worst race out of the way.
push to pass button? its the third time i see this inthe forum so i ask ..what the hell is it.... i missed the a1gp race so i dont have a clue...

some one please explain in short

thx

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :push to pass button? its the third time i see this inthe forum so i ask ..what the hell is it.... i missed the a1gp race so i dont have a clue...

some one please explain in short

thx

mad

I think it's a button to give the driver some extra engine power. I think ( this is all from watching Champ cars on Eurosport so mebbie wrong) there is a limit to how many times they can use it per race.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Great formula idea but they REALLY need to learn about blue flags.
Total noob's down 3 laps dicing with the leaders. A definate Southern Hemisphere victory, Brazil, Aust & NZ.
Yeah, Verstaphen (sp) did ok, last on grid to 7th but Halliday ( NZ ) had never driven the track before & came from pitlane to 4th.
And if it wasn't for the above noob's could easily have been 3rd.
Still, as NZ said earlier, thats our worst race out of the way.

there are no BLUE flags..... thats a thing of Modern F1.

In A1 (and the old F1, ayrton senna times), the front pilots must prove they can pass the backmarker. The backmarkers are only forced to let them pass if they block intentionaly the faster car. If they block, a Black and white flag is showed and then yes, they are forced to let them pass.
(and he did..)

good old F1 times
Quote from no_one :I think it's a button to give the driver some extra engine power. I think ( this is all from watching Champ cars on Eurosport so mebbie wrong) there is a limit to how many times they can use it per race.

yes, they can use it 4 times in the sprint race, and 8 times in the feature race. To a total of 30 seconds on each race.

30s is low, so its only used when really necessary (you could see that some drivers did not use it at all, and i think its because of the oversteer lol.. lots of them spin out )
its kinda like nos lol.

+ 30 hp when you press it.
Quote from spyshagg :there are no BLUE flags..... thats a thing of Modern F1.

In A1 (and the old F1, ayrton senna times), the front pilots must prove they can pass the backmarker.

What are you on about? There are blue flags! Blue flags have been around racing since before the 80's. It's just the marshalls didn't give the guy any blue flags and thats why he didn't move over. Other drivers DID get blue flags and moved out of the way. It was just a mistake by Race Control.

The Irish driver is a friend of mine and i was asking him about the The 'Push to Pass' button. It only gives the driver an extra .1 or .2 of a second a lap maximum.
Quote from nikimere :The Irish driver is a friend of mine and i was asking him about the The 'Push to Pass' button. It only gives the driver an extra .1 or .2 of a second a lap maximum.

The idea in theory isn't to get a faster lap time though, its to help with overtaking, giving them a few extra mph can make a good difference to an overtaking manouver but to a lap time, not much.

andy.
Quote from AndyC :The idea in theory isn't to get a faster lap time though, its to help with overtaking, giving them a few extra mph can make a good difference to an overtaking manouver but to a lap time, not much.

andy.

i know that. i was trying to put it in perspective....

A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG