The online racing simulator
Monza GP *Spoiler*
(187 posts, started )
We should team up next time Kimi is in the U.K, you can talk to him while I sneak up with a syringe and inject some personality into him!
Quote :with unfair moves such as Hungary when Schumacher cut the corner to hold position and caused an avoidable accident.

While I agree that the decision about Alonso's times is weird, we should not bend facts for past races. Look at the footage of the incident between Heidfeld and MSC again and you will see that it was HEI slipping wide when he made the pass and not MSC causing the touch between the two cars.
I hate the character of Schumacher: he's arrogant, ignorant and doesn't know how to say sorry, but as a race driver you have to respect him. From a neutral point of view there have surely been too many disputable things pulled off by him, but nevertheless you have to consider one thing: He's been the top F1-driver for more than the last ten years, neither Häkkinen nor Alonso can claim to have been competitive almost every year, while he was - well, for Alonso it's understandable. He is always in the focus, many people I know immediately think of Schumacher, when they hear "Formel 1", and not of much else. Every single of his faux-pas has been picked into pieces. Do you think it looks better in the back of the field? The back is simply not in the focus of interest. And now you take this chance to attack him, while he hasn't done anything at all. Congratulations, you've got yourself one of his traits.

This hasn't been anything out of the ordinary. A driver claims to have been hindered by another driver and demands a penalty according to the rules. The FIA has a look at it and agrees an penalty has to be issued according to the rules. Always assume the FIA knows more than you do and is more neutral than a mechanic of one of the concerned teams. This is F1, not NASCAR.
im surprised that kimi is still on pole.

after all, last wednesday he wiped his arse with a sideways motion using ungraded toilet paper, thus causing a butterfly to flap its wings out of time. this caused the ferrari's testing at monza to jink 3mm to the right and lose no time what so ever.

a disgusting example of unsportsmanship from mclaren........ban them i say!!!!

oh............btw, i hope alonso wipes the floor with those cheating scarlett ba*tar*s!

good luck mate!!!!
i hope that Kimi win that race and i hope that Alonso will lose his Luck and DNF. The Discussion about that penalty is rubbish cause nothing wont change with it.

To the penalty, sure Alonso was far away and Massa got no aerodynamic problems with Alonso in front of him, but i can just say this from my opinion that I cant really concentrate in qualify lap with a car in front of me that i always see round corners.
#56 - J.B.
Quote from mr grady :im surprised that kimi is still on pole.

after all, last wednesday he wiped his arse with a sideways motion using ungraded toilet paper, thus causing a butterfly to flap its wings out of time. this caused the ferrari's testing at monza to jink 3mm to the right and lose no time what so ever.

a disgusting example of unsportsmanship from mclaren........ban them i say!!!!

oh............btw, i hope alonso wipes the floor with those cheating scarlett ba*tar*s!

good luck mate!!!!

#57 - J.B.
Quote from Memph1s :i hope that Kimi win that race and i hope that Alonso will lose his Luck and DNF. The Discussion about that penalty is rubbish cause nothing wont change with it.

Luck?
Quote from J.B. :Luck?

Yep in my opinion is the real world champion 2005 Kimi and Alonso just became world champion because of his Luck and not with his driving skills
I never saw this "Incident" myself, as I stopped watching when I saw Kimi on pole, but at that distance on being 100-200m apart, I doubt Alonso would have even seen Massa in his mirrors, with this type of qualifying, you are bound to get traffic either way, with 16-20 cars it's unavoidable. The last few races have really p***ed me off with what the Cocky F team have done, and I'm still surprised Schumacher got points at Hungary and Kubica didn't after his accidents. Absolutely appauling on the FIA's front. They need to sort out their act before making decisions.

Xaid0n
Quote from Memph1s :To the penalty, sure Alonso was far away and Massa got no aerodynamic problems with Alonso in front of him, but i can just say this from my opinion that I cant really concentrate in qualify lap with a car in front of me that i always see round corners.

They do not run a super pole, single clean lap system anymore so it's tough luck. I can't see any reason why they couldn't do longer (maybe 2 flying laps in a row runs) they have the time in the session and it would let them have a safety margin for this kind of thing.
#61 - DeKo
Quote from Memph1s :i hope that Kimi win that race and i hope that Alonso will lose his Luck and DNF. The Discussion about that penalty is rubbish cause nothing wont change with it.

To the penalty, sure Alonso was far away and Massa got no aerodynamic problems with Alonso in front of him, but i can just say this from my opinion that I cant really concentrate in qualify lap with a car in front of me that i always see round corners.

thats a very weird way to look at it. if you get affected by a car driving couple hundred metres up the road from you, tough. you would have absolutely 0 chance of getting a lap in in Q1 and Q2, and pre 2003 you would be totally stuffed.

you cant have a rule like that, thats just plain thick. *A car in view of the flying lap gets a 5 grid slot*. there isnt enough space on the ****ing track. and btw, surely a car slowing down and coming at you fast, which means you have to pass him, whether on the racing line or not, would make you lose your concentration more than one which you can barely see.

and as xaidon said, alonso would barely even see mass in his mirrors, maybe a tiny red spot, but he sure as hell wasnt stopping to let him past, he made it for 2 seconds for christ sake.

ferrari are just cheating ****ing scum, who cant take it when there not fast.
Quote :but i can just say this from my opinion that I cant really concentrate in qualify lap with a car in front of me that i always see round corners.

Then you dont have the mental strength you need to have as a race driver.

Quote :ferrari are just cheating ****ing scum, who cant take it when there not fast.

Tell me: how do you cheat by asking the stewards to look at a situation? Isn't the definition of cheating to act against the rules? How does asking the stewards infringe the regulations?
Quote from deggis :Ass licking seems to be popular in FIA.

here's a video: http://www.kolumbus.fi/johnny/Monza06_Q3_Massa.avi - ROFL

rofl.... man how they can actually agree that he held him up i dont know. I am a schumey fan and have been for a long time amd even i must say that is sad to see what they did to Alonso. Damn renault should appeal. I want to see things won fairly rather than this.

F1 and FIA are a joke....

mad
#64 - J.B.
Quote from Memph1s :Yep in my opinion is the real world champion 2005 Kimi and Alonso just became world champion because of his Luck and not with his driving skills

Well I'm quite convinced (of his abilities). And calling him lucky after all the BS that happened to him this year is a bit of a stretch. But I agree that Kimi is even more unlucky.
Quote from J.B. :Well I'm quite convinced (of his abilities). And calling him lucky after all the BS that happened to him this year is a bit of a stretch. But I agree that Kimi is even more unlucky.

The Luck that i meant was Season 2005 when always Kimi got machine accidents or tyre blow in last lap while he was leading and Alonso earned the win like that.
Quote from Hoellsen :
Tell me: how do you cheat by asking the stewards to look at a situation? Isn't the definition of cheating to act against the rules? How does asking the stewards infringe the regulations?

When the stewards are as bent as hell, to be fair it's the stewards as much as Ferrari that need to be shot here.
Quote from Memph1s :The Luck that i meant was Season 2005 when always Kimi got machine accidents or tyre blow in last lap while he was leading and Alonso earned the win like that.

You say that was bad luck for Kimi. I think that not flat-spotting your tyres certainly is a skill..

edit:
Quote from ajp71 :When the stewards are as bent as hell, to be fair it's the stewards as much as Ferrari that need to be shot here.

Would be interesting to know whether all three stewards had the same opinion.

edit2:
From UpdateF1:
Quote :Sep.10 (GMM) Max Mosley says the governing body is considering changing the rules so that drivers are not unfairly penalised in future.

The FIA president, responding to an uproar in Spain - not to mention in the Renault camp at Monza - admitted that he felt sorry for Fernando Alonso after the Spaniard was dumped to the heart of the grid for 'impeding' Ferrari's Felipe Massa in qualifying.

Mosley said: ''If you have rules in a sport you have to apply them.

''At the end of the season what we are thinking very seriously about is saying we are only going to look at these (incidents) if there is evidence of intent, which I don't think there was in this case.''

So Max basically says there is a weird rule that caused this?
#68 - J.B.
What appalling luck for Alonso.
Fantastic race by Kubica!
And Michael has officially reitred. :up:

Quote from TheDeppchef :
So Max basically says there is a weird rule that caused this?

Even if this is the case I don't think it changes anything. When BS like this happens it doesen't matter if it's due to stupid stewards or stupid rules, stupid is still stupid and inconsistant is still inconsistant.
#69 - axus
A big :up: from me for Kubica - 3rd in his 3rd race for a team in its first year! Amazing effort. BMW get a big :up: too. Can we get the newer, faster BF1 in LFS now please?
yeah congratulations to Kubica and also WELL DONE ALONSO !! :haha:
Great race for Robert
Was happy to see BMW on the podium again. And, man is Kubica tall next to schumi up tere.
I think Alonso just overrrevved his engine. How else can you break the engine in Renault...

EDIT: And Kubica did great job.
It seems that the FIA keep coming up with new rules to try and screw renualt Up. CONGRATS to KUBICA
Next there will be some safety concern about the shape of alonsos helmet
Thought Kubica drove a excellet race. His BMW certainly couldnt be messed with. I think he got more out of that BMW that what Jacques Villeneuve would have ever done. As much as I liked Jacques he wasnt really quick in any of the cars given to him. Might go listen to Jacques new album now :hyper:

Congrats Kubica!

Monza GP *Spoiler*
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG