The online racing simulator
Monza GP *Spoiler*
(187 posts, started )
Monza GP *Spoiler*
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37287

What a load of bull, they are determined to give Schumacher the title. Alosno didn't hold Massa up and throw in two stweards who seem to be Italian by there names and you have a crazy out come.

Now the times below...

Massa - 26.6 27.5 27.3
Kimi 26.6 27.3 27.4
MS 26.7 27.4 27.2
Heidfeld 26.6 27.6 27.3

Lost three-tenths of a second my arse.

Now how the hell did the FIA come to such a stupid conclusion? All points to fixing the chapmionship and it makes me sick in a world class sport. I just hope Alonso wins this years championship to sort the FIA out.

Keiran
:ices_rofl

If thats holding up, every driver would have to get a penalty after every qualifying, because some time during the quali, they will drive 200 meters before another car. illepall
What bullshit these sport has become to, if i was alonso i would go up to massa and drop the brazilian mofo for making up more bullshit to help the german noob grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Can they now repair Alonso's car without extra penalty? Or would that been allowed without penalty anyway...
Quote from Blackout :Can they now repair Alonso's car without extra penalty? Or would that been allowed without penalty anyway...

They are allowed to do that anyway with no penalty. They are given a limited amount of time that they can work on the car in parc ferme conditions.
Damage to cars can be repaired in parc fermé, I recall the ITV F1 commentators say.

*edit: dammit keiran

*edit2: ah dang, what a crap 1000 post..
#7 - ajp71
So what actually happened? With the current system of running conventional qualifying sessions traffic can be a legitimate issue, assuming Massa was on a flying lap then he would not be required to get out of Alonso's way, and if Alonso banks on one lap per session and Renault mistime the traffic then so be it.

If Massa wasn't on a flying lap then I can understand the issue and can beleive Italian officials being bent as hell towards Ferrari.
Quote from ajp71 :So what actually happened? With the current system of running conventional qualifying sessions traffic can be a legitimate issue, assuming Massa was on a flying lap then he would not be required to get out of Alonso's way, and if Alonso banks on one lap per session and Renault mistime the traffic then so be it.

If Massa wasn't on a flying lap then I can understand the issue and can beleive Italian officials being bent as hell towards Ferrari.

You've not read the link me thinks

Massa is claiming that Alonso held him up and cost him three tenths of a second, yet his split times weren't harmed at all and as you can see Alonso is a country mile ahead, Massa can't even see him onboard yet alone get a toe off him.

Alonso crossed the line to start his lap with about two seconds to spare and was on it the minute he left the pits so at no point did he slow down.

This is something I'd excpect to see in the WWE/WWF what ever it's called these days, as it's fake and scripted like the FIA are trying to make this championship.

I just hope Alonso makes it through T1 with all bits intact and can hunt down the cheating German/Ferrari combo.
#9 - Vain
I was going to watch the race but just signed that off.
Formula 1 stopped being funny when all that flaming started after the FIA decided to bias its decisions. Now you can't talk about Formula 1 anymore without everyone bitching and cursing. Sad for the sport.
Well, there's still WTCC and WRC...

Vain
They are making it too obvious, they are trying to manufacture an interesting season to win back fans.

First they ban a device Renault had used for 2 years with the FIA's full permission and clearance....mid season!

Then they let Ferrari use their 'hubcaps' which not only are moving aerodynamic devices...they are removed with the wheel in pitstops, and as its classed as a part of the brake discs and not bodywork they are breaking parc ferme rules each time they change a rear wheel!

This is beyond a joke, I am going to claim the car half a lap ahead of me effected my time by displacing the air causing dust particles to hang in the air and obstruct my vision.
To be fair, they way wings are designed now - turbulent air for the car behind would of been a bit of an issue in the latter sections of the track. Parabolica (spelling?) you could see massa was going wide a touch and lifted, when in previous laps he downshifted and was straight back on the throttle as soon as he had turned in.

Rules are rules - and alonso should, imo, of let him by much earlier. But as he wouldn't of made it round the track in time, he didn't allow massa past - which is understandable.

It's obvious though, that this isn't all massa's doing. Ross is straight in there with his smart head on, getting alonso further back in the grid, and a benefit of this could well be Michael one step closer to taking the championship in his final year.
This is Monza, they run the lowest amount of drag on this track that they do all season. Massa could of been twice as close and not been effected by the turbulent air.
Quote from DejaVu :To be fair, they way wings are designed now - turbulent air for the car behind would of been a bit of an issue in the latter sections of the track. Parabolica (spelling?) you could see massa was going wide a touch and lifted, when in previous laps he downshifted and was straight back on the throttle as soon as he had turned in.

Rules are rules - and alonso should, imo, of let him by much earlier. But as he wouldn't of made it round the track in time, he didn't allow massa past - which is understandable.

It's obvious though, that this isn't all massa's doing. Ross is straight in there with his smart head on, getting alonso further back in the grid, and a benefit of this could well be Michael one step closer to taking the championship in his final year.

What are you on about?

Massa was far too far behind to be disadvantaged by Ferrari and the very fact that Ferrari getting off with unfair moves such as Hungary when Schumacher cut the corner to hold position and caused an avoidable accident. Not to mention moving more times than he is allowed to force Alonso to slow down. It's beyond a joke.

Quote :Symonds furious with Alonso penalty

By Jonathan Noble Saturday, September 9th 2006, 19:12 GMT

Formula One has become too 'politically correct' and the stewards are making inconsistent judgements, a furious Pat Symonds said this evening following the decision to penalise Fernando Alonso and demote him to 10th place on the grid.

The Spaniard had his three fastest laps of the final session in qualifying removed by the stewards, who said he had impeded Ferrari's Felipe Massa in the session today. As a result, Alonso has been demoted from fifth to 10th.

Yet Renault's director of engineering Symonds firmly believes Alonso did not impede the Brazilian, and in fact helped him gain time by getting a tow from the Renault car.

"I don't understand the penalty, because we don't feel we impeded him," Symonds said. "This is a circuit where we are always trying to get a tow - especially in qualifying. Massa was 100 metres behind Alonso, so he got a nice tow, and I don't see it as a hindrance.

"I looked at Ferrari's telemetry, and [Massa] gained time on the back straight and was quicker into Parabolica than before. He lifted in the middle of the corner. To me, it looked like a mistake but he claimed he was losing downforce."

But Symonds was particularly vocal about the influx of penalties handed out this season for blocking in qualifying, and warned that Formula One is stepping away from its core appeal as a racing series.

"It seems that we have forgotten what qualifying was like up until 2003, when half the field complained of traffic," the Briton said. "We seem to have forgotten what racing is about.

"We are so politically correct now, and I don't know what is coming next. Maybe indicators, to see whether drivers want to go left or right?"

He further criticised the stewards' inconsistency, claiming rivals Ferrari have been getting away unpunished with similar infringements.

"It's difficult to fight like this," he stated, "when you see Ferrari changing direction as many times as they wanted before the first corner in Turkey and nothing happens, and then we get penalised like this."

Symonds also stated that Alonso could well have won from fifth place tomorrow, but the penalty has vastly diminished their chances of victory, at such a crucial stage of the championship.

"We had a genuine winning strategy staring from fifth, and it will be a lot harder from 10th," Symonds said.

"Not only because it is so hard to overtake, but because we are in the middle of the pack and a lot happens there on the first lap."

what a complete load of crap.

wait until next year when schumacher has retired and he STILL wins the world championship, then the conspiracy will be a bit more transparent.

this is the last straw in a completely manufactured season. i'm not watching anymore. it's just stupid.

speedfreak227

edit, an interesting article
Quote from speedfreak227 :what a complete load of crap.

wait until next year when schumacher has retired and he STILL wins the world championship, then the conspiracy will be a bit more transparent.

LOL I already see lots of "Chuck Norris facts" influenced jokes about Schumacher coming...
ok, i just watched the onboard footage from massa from the link earlier in this thread.

TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!!

how they can give a penalty for that is ridiculous. illepall

speedfreak227

edit... I'M FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!??!?!

next thing you know, renault will be manufacturing weapons of mass destruction and their home facility will have to be bombed!

speedfreak227
What a ****ing useless finale to the brilliant quali session

Go Kimi, show them!
if thats close enough to interfere and cost 3 tenths then there certainly wont be any overtaking tomorrow

normally i support the guy chasing in the championship, but this is making me want alonso to wrap it up asap

the sad thing is that all this politicing, along with his own actions in some races, will take the shine off schumi's achievments when he retires
Is there any doubt left?! FIA is working for Ferrari. It's just so clear to see. It's been the third time, in a single season! I'm sure some of you remember the 2003 tyre issue, oh sorry the Michelin issue. When the michelins somehow "became" illegal. Just like this year's mass dampers. The good FIA saves us from Ferrari's rivals.

Talking about this is just wasting time. F1 is officially f***** up now (for years..).
Is there actually some rule that says what the maximum distance between two cars must be?
Quote from ORION :Is there actually some rule that says what the maximum distance between two cars must be?

i think it's something to the effect of:

"no cars may be in front of a ferrari under punishment of blocking"

speedfreak227
I don't like alonso anyway, rather schumacher won the championship even though i hate him aswell
Quote from DejaVu :I don't like alonso anyway, rather schumacher won the championship even though i hate him aswell

this isn't about "liking" anyone, it's about fair play.

speedfreak227
Fair play + F1? lol

Monza GP *Spoiler*
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG