The online racing simulator
Selling LFS- Account
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Noni
Selling LFS- Account
Although LFS has been fun, my wheel (Microsoft Sidewinder Precison) is going weird. And I hardly play it anymore.

Im thinking of selling it for £19-20. Is this legal? Also, where would I sell it?

Would they have to use my username?

I dont want to spend more on a new wheel, and I have not played in ages.

Im thinking of just selling the Microsoft Pedals.

Thanks.
#2 - _rod_
I dont know if its legal or not, but you would have to give your username and password to whatever person buys the account. But if you dont use it why not just keep and who knows, maybe later on you want to drive it again. All of us go thru that phase where we bearly have time to play (if thats your case)
Ofcourse it's legal, but personally I doubt you'll find someone willing to give you £20. I'd rather pay the extra £4 and get myself my own username...

Keiran
There might come an update you just can't miss so I would keep my licence if I were you. Don't forget, your licence will never expire and will be able to unlock cool things in a few years' time
I don't think it's legal ... i'm not sure tho. I wouldn't dream of buying a second hand licence myself.
#6 - axus
Yeah, the only people who'd really pay that are people to whom you can offer a sale without using a credit card.
Of course it's legal . . You bought it, you can sell it. I wouldn't though. whats £24 in the long term. LFS is only going to get better. Hang on to it, you'll come back. I garantee it.
if u sell lfs, chuck norris will get you.
kids making too many lame ass chuck norris jokes lately..
Quote from Vendetta :kids making too many lame ass chuck norris jokes lately..

Well lucky me as I haven't been browsing here lately
I would just get a new wheel. Never sell LFS!

The G25 is just around the corner.

BTW.. I have that same wheel, so I can't wait to get a new one
You can sell your license. You bought your license it is yours to do what you want, sell it, keep it, give it away. Just don't keep LFS unlocked after selling. That would be illegal.

The devs have stated that you can sell your license if you want. Can't be illegal if the developers of the program agree to it.

The buyer can NOT change the user name. He/she will be stuck with whatever the seller's user name is (ex. Noni). What the buyer will do is go to liveforspeed.net and change the site and game password for your user name. Then, even if you left LFS unlocked illegally, you would no longer be able to go online.

Like others said, don't sell it. Even if you don't race anymore now, in the future, you may see features added that you would want to come back to LFS for. S3 is more than likely a looooooong way off. Until S3, there will be many more updates to S2 I would imagine. These would all be free updates and free new features for you. Nothing can compare to the updates and support you get with LFS. The devs are just fantastic. Just looking back, it is amazing at all the new stuff and updated stuff we have gotten since the release of S2 Alpha full.
Quote from mrodgers :Even if you don't race anymore now, in the future, you may see features added that you would want to come back to LFS for. S3 is more than likely a looooooong way off. Until S3, there will be many more updates to S2 I would imagine.

And, when S3 comes around, you will still be able to play with the physics and graphics of S3 just with the S2 cars and tracks. But, there still should be many more cars and tracks when S2 goes final.
Quote from wheel4hummer :But, there still should be many more cars and tracks when S2 goes final.

O rly? Tell us your sources.
Quote from http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=agreement :3.4 You must not give your username, WEB or GAME password to other LFS users.

even though many people have already sold their license.
Quote from ORION :even though many people have already sold their license.

giving and selling could be viewed as two different things. I think that is in the agreement to stop you giving your account information to your mates so they can all unlock S2 as well. Although by selling your account you could still use S2 as it wont be unlocked so
Quote from zeugnimod :O rly? Tell us your sources.

Well, I really doubt S2 final will only have the same amount of cars as S2 alpha. You see, the word "Alpha" means "Early testing stage" aka, features are still being added.
Well, its just logic
If you want to sell an account, you must give the data to another user, and you are not allowed to do this. -> Its not allowed to sell a lincense.
But if you are not too stupid and dont post this in the middle of the official forum, nobody will notice and its not a problem to sell an account

Who cares anyway
But we are in this "early teasting stage" for over 1 year already now and we already got new cars and new tracks.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, I really doubt S2 final will only have the same amount of cars as S2 alpha. You see, the word "Alpha" means "Early testing stage" aka, features are still being added.

you cant be serious

If your expecting new cars and tracks your probably going to be quite disappointed. S2 already came with new cars and tracks the new features to be added are things like AI pitting and maybe replay improvments.
Quote from sil3ntwar :If your expecting new cars and tracks your probably going to be quite disappointed.

I won't be disappointed, because even if there are no new cars or tracks, I am still fine with all the cars we have now. When I said that there probally would be more cars, I didn't mean like 10 more. I meant only a few.
i would say dont sell it before s2 final 'cos you'll feel sorry you could see this.

and about license generally: i think devs shouldnt oppose changing a license into voucher, cos it would happen anyway but illegal.
I regret the time when I sold a whole bunch of ps2 games that I didn't play anymore. Now a whole time later I'm really missing some of the games I sold.

Selling LFS- Account
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG