The online racing simulator
IDEA : Would a wrecker detecting bot be possible/a good idea?
If a WreckBot could be installed on servers (an InSim app I was thinking) that
  1. Watched races
  2. When it detects a wrecker, temporarily bans them for 12 hours.
  3. Saves the MPR, and sends it to a central server.
  4. Emails the MPR to server admins, and if they agree that it is a real wrecker not a false positive, the wrecker would be added to a generated (PHP could prolly do this) bans.ban.
  5. Other server admins download the bans.ban every day (or an app could do this automatically, that could be a good idea later) and use it.

WreckBot (with help from the barricade) would be able to eliminate wrecking ban banning wreckers within about 24 hours max.

The bot wouldn't ban people for more than 12 hours automatically, the 12 hours is just a temporary ban to remove wreckers from that server, which would be ONLY on that server. The system would send MPRs to a human "jury" which would decide on any permenant ban
yes and please tell me how this genious idea will identify the wrecker..
#3 - Lible
A wreckbot is a bad idea... It wouldn't really be able to tell, who's fault it is.

EDIT: I want to know the same that Vendetta.
Quote from duke_toaster :
  1. Watched races
  2. When it detects a wrecker, temporarily bans them for 12 hours.
  4. Emails the MPR to server admins, and if they agree that it is a real wrecker not a false positive, the wrecker would be added to a generated (PHP could prolly do this) bans.ban.
  5. Other server admins download the bans.ban every day (or an app could do this automatically, that could be a good idea later) and use it.

Im not clever.. but here goes..

2. Define Wrecker.. how many degrees of wrecking are there? What about if something is a simple accedent?

And in general, whatever happened to trying to teach to be better, are we assuming now that everyone is a wrecker?
Bad idea.

I prefer the judging of humans, and I want to be able to ban people individually.
Quote from Vendetta :yes and please tell me how this genious idea will identify the wrecker..

Idling on track is an obvious sign of a wrecker, so is driving the wrong way.

Genrally, the faster person in a collision is at fault, "brake testing" can be identified (braking on straights is almost never needed unless there is a yellow flag).

There is a system that LFS Lapper uses - it's unscientific - but it's definately a start. After testing on some servers, it could be used well.
#7 - joen
I think it would impossible to create an automated system that can reliably determine what constitutes a wrecker. Misjudgement will occur and people who had no bad intentions could end up getting banned which then leads to frustration and complaining.

What will it base the decision on? Speed, brake and throttle activity? I don't think that's enough, human judgement is irreplaceable in this area.

For instance, imagine I'm behind you in a race. A wrecker comes up behind me and hits me at the back, rocketing me into your car. Who will the bot ban? The wrecker, me, both?
#8 - Jakg
i dont like this idea as it isnt infallible, unlike the iB, where you have humans who are pretty much 100% right (and even then its easy to check)

Wont work.

Duke,good you keep trying adding ideas in every community you join,but I havent seen one implented or working. Ever.
Quote from joen :I think it would impossible to create an automated system that can reliably determine what constitutes a wrecker. Misjudgement will occur and people who had no bad intentions could end up getting banned which then leads to frustration and complaining.

What will it base the decision on? Speed, brake and throttle activity? I don't think that's enough, human judgement is irreplaceable in this area.

For instance, imagine I'm behind you in a race. A wrecker comes up behind me and hits me at the back, rocketing me into your car. Who will the bot ban? The wrecker, me, both?

Please note : The automatically imposed ban will be a 12 hour one, permenant bans would be handled by humans viewing the bot recieved mprs.
It still is not nice being banned for even 1 minute for doing nothing wrong.

Imagine, you were just having good races with the drivers on that specific server and now, you wont be able to join it for the next hours, although you did nothing. illepall
#12 - joen
Quote from duke_toaster :Please note : The automatically imposed ban will be a 12 hour one, permenant bans would be handled by humans viewing the bot recieved mprs.

Ok, but it would still annoy the crap out of me if I got banned because of it
So I join a race,I spin and i'm standing in the wrong way of the grass,and I am chatting with someone. Then I am banned for having fun
Superb idea that hasnt been discussed earlier, at all...!! And it would be very easy too implement!!

[/SARCASM]
Nah. A Wreckbot like this would be much better...

edit:-

If a WreckBot could be installed on servers (an InSim app I was thinking) that

1. Watched races
2. When it detects a wrecker, it picks it up with it's giant claw and crushes it, maybe breathing fire on it for good effect.
4. Emails the MPR to server admins, and people interested in robot violence, and if they agree that it is a good show, the MPR would be added to a general archive of fun and entertaining replays of Wreckbot carnage and mayhem.
5. Other server admins and the general public download the replays every day and use it to educate each other on the perils of wrecking.

WreckBot (with help from National Televison) would be world famous within about 24 hours max.
Attached images
carzilla.gif
Can the wreckbot fly?
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Nah. A Wreckbot like this would be much better...

"Wreckbot wrecks wreckers!!!" (breathes fire)

+1

No, really!

crashes happen in racing. its inevitable.
There is no good way to identify a wrecker. Yes is is posible to identify who likely was the casue of an impact but there is not way to be certin that they intentialy caused that wreck. About the only tool you have to to compair direction of travel relitive to car facing at the time of imapact and compair relitive speeds. But even with all that info a human woudl be hard pressed to determin who was at fault.
something that watches the race and saves short replays every time a freak crash occurs or somebody is idle on track would work though
Ever had a popup minimize LFS? Anti-virus, update? Pedal spike, brother/sister running into room and yanking your wheel? Accidents happen, sometimes even when it looks like it's intentional it may not be. No bots can think that laterally. -1.

Join the Wrecker Barricade instead
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Ever had a popup minimize LFS? Anti-virus, update? Pedal spike, brother/sister running into room and yanking your wheel? Accidents happen, sometimes even when it looks like it's intentional it may not be. No bots can think that laterally. -1.

Join the Wrecker Barricade instead

It's supposed to be an automatic DETECTION system, it wouldn't be Police, judge, jury and excutioner, just the first.
Quote :Can the wreckbot fly?

Of course not.
Quote from Shotglass :something that watches the race and saves short replays every time a freak crash occurs or somebody is idle on track would work though

you mean everytime theres a t1 on lap one?
Yes, sorry, I didnt think before posting.

Its meant to be a SIM and wants to be as close to reality as possible, so of course, it cant.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG