The online racing simulator
LFS-TV, replay streaming.
(143 posts, started )
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Alpha U it says. Think the latest version is only compatible with X. Fot U you should probably use the pre-last one.

Its just my old Folder
trying it with BOTT in absence of stream and i can tell you i can receive an MPR fine but playing it crashes LFS??
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :trying it with BOTT in absence of stream and i can tell you i can receive an MPR fine but playing it crashes LFS??

exactly the same here crashes as soon as u hit play in the replay selection screen
Hi there,

@WolleT
I don't want to push you or anything but, is there a way we can help you find the bug in this prog? I'm not the kind of person expecting everything in my hand. So if there is any way we can help you, just name it.

It's an excellent job you've done so far, and believe me it's appreciated by many many people.

PS. By the way.. Does these php scripts mentioned earlier work?
Hi!

I did some tests and bugfixes.
Now the 0.0.2.0 version is working for me.

Can you do some tests too?

Greetings,
Wolfgang
YOU ARE THE MAN..
It's Working Great.
I did the following tests:
1st. I connected to a server and made a race with just one AI. The broadcasting started and i could view the replay from another machine with just a few seconds delay.
2nd. While the AI was racing i vote to end race and jumped into the track to race by my self. I didn't stop the casting. From the other side, the viewer saw the rest of the replay of the AI Racing and stoped (like Lag) (Normal). In order to view the new race he had to stop the Watch, reconnect(Watch again). And start the replay again.. (It's FINE).

Everything is working great.. Great job... Thank you very much..

Also i noticed that the replay continues from the point of the real race time but just a few second back. Which is AMAZING.. If there is a race for 15 hours, you can watch just from the point you want.

You did an amazing Job.. WELL DONE
Quote from WolleT :Hi!

I did some tests and bugfixes.
Now the 0.0.2.0 version is working for me.

Can you do some tests too?

Greetings,
Wolfgang

Great job Wolfgang!

Did some testing and now it luckily works.

I think however that you are doing this product of yours short! I would advise taking it outside this programmers corner and in the add-ons section. And in the main league section an announcement would not hurt either. Further i would make it downloadable from THE LFS resource www.lfs-database.com.

I will make an announcement in the ZWR organised UF BABY-R FallOut League about it.

I see that all leagues are striving to broadcast, and while there is nothing wrong withan official streaming show with comments etc. This option is one i think all those leagues should also offer, as its usuable by everybody that can run LFS. No buffering of videostreams of too high a quality (for your conn), no annoying commentators (some can be and we should have a choice). And its a cheap and easy way for less rich leagues to stream.
Nice Work!

It works perfect!
I would like to give some feedback about the LFS TV.

Today it was the first time that we used LFSTV broadcasting in a league race, everything is working fine except the fact that we realized that viewers coudn't watch the begginning of the race and the 1st and a half lap.

Would it be possible to do something about that?
There needs to be a replay header sent first... so i guess its a physical constraint.
You started streaming from server before the race started?
Basically we try every possible combination, 1st exactly the time the race started, 2nd by the time we were making the grid, 3rd Make a lag lap and then restart (just in case, but we didn't expect this to work:shrug.

Since the LFSTv is broadcasting 1 round and a half back and it is mandatory to have the right header first, the only case i could think as possible in order to have the beginning of a race would be, an option while pressing watch in the interface that would start the replay from the beginning or from the point of the current race. But as i can imagine this might be a totally different approach to the design of the program.

I'm really out of ideas, and i guess this might be a case that cannot be resolved so, all i have is try to explain as good as i can the case in order WolleT who designed and programmed this app, might have a way to resolve it.

Ps.. With the start of the race or without, i'm going to keep on using this app. Many thanks once again
where to get the current version?
i'm sorry, i don't have read the whole thread so far....

want to stream our 26h race on 17. november 2007...
is it possible to do so (server uses X12 and hosts too)...
hopefully this hasn't been asked before, but can demo users watch S2 replays? i'm already unlocked so i can't really test it on mine to find out.
No, they can't.
hi, i have a problem with watching lfstv stream with patch Y - in lfs when im opening lfstv.mpr - error message comes - see screens. attaching errored lfstv.mpr from watch side - seems like wrong or missing header?...
lfstv_cast.mpr from cast side is tested and ok...

[edit] ah, new patch isnt supported yet... sorry
Attached images
lfstv02_1.jpg
lfstv02_2.jpg
Attached files
lfstv.mpr - 721.2 KB - 302 views
Is there anyone who want to continue this project
or has anyone experience in setting up an open source project?

Please contact me.

I don't have enough time to continue lfstv in the way i'd like to.

Greetings,
Wolle
Quote from WolleT :Is there anyone who want to continue this project
or has anyone experience in setting up an open source project?

Please contact me.

I don't have enough time to continue lfstv in the way i'd like to.

Greetings,
Wolle

NOBODY ???? So I would to continue on this project like open source, because the interest in lfs live tv is so big .....

LFS-TV, replay streaming.
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG