The online racing simulator
LFS-TV, replay streaming.
(143 posts, started )
Quote from traxxion :So is it still ok for me to post here, even when Im not a pro like all of you guys here are? I was just very enthusiastic about the LFS TV-like possibility that was found by Filur.

LOL. I had similar questions, the only difference being that I went to an LFS server while Filur and Dygear were online to ask them, so that no trace or evidence of my noobness was left on the forums

Quote from NelsonGPV :I am very intrested on what ever application would let me webcast smoother my races.
(...)
I am ready to test any new application, let me know guys.

If you want to webcast to LFS players then you can (should) try the php application that Filur made, as it's functional already (and you'd have to stream audio commentary separately). If the viewers don't have LFS installed then I guess you will have to stick to streaming video itself.
Thanks Maczo
OK I will try it
Quote from maczo :LOL. I had similar questions, the only difference being that I went to an LFS server while Filur and Dygear were online to ask them, so that no trace or evidence of my noobness was left on the forums

If you want to webcast to LFS players then you can (should) try the php application that Filur made, as it's functional already (and you'd have to stream audio commentary separately). If the viewers don't have LFS installed then I guess you will have to stick to streaming video itself.

Filur, could you please post some documentation? I am confused on how to use your PHP scripts. The LFSTV mpr is always late. I have one LFS open with the server, and another LFS open playing the mpr. THe one playing the mpr is delayed by a fairly long time. Do I start the server, join a MP server in LFS, start the client app, open another LFS, play the LFSTV MPR in the client app. Like that?
Quote from traxxion :I dont know what's your problem Dygear, really... have I done something wrong to you?

No no, I'm joking man, I guess my humor does not translate well across the internet. I thought, the simpson reference was going to be a dead giveaway.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Filur, could you please post some documentation?

There's not really that much to document, the source isn't meant to be a finished program and i wouldn't know what else to add besides the comments in the configuration files.

Quote from wheel4hummer :I am confused on how to use your PHP scripts. The LFSTV mpr is always late. I have one LFS open with the server, and another LFS open playing the mpr. THe one playing the mpr is delayed by a fairly long time.

The streamed mpr is always late, you can fast forward until you're about 20-30 seconds behind but any closer then that the replay will probably stop. The mpr isn't constantly written to by LFS and thus it's not constantly streamed either, it depends on the amount of action in the race, amount of racers, etc.

Quote from wheel4hummer :Do I start the server, join a MP server in LFS, start the client app, open another LFS, play the LFSTV MPR in the client app. Like that?

For testing, yep.
Quote from Dygear :No no, I'm joking man, I guess my humor does not translate well across the internet. I thought, the simpson reference was going to be a dead giveaway.

Well, the CAPS in the post a bit further above already triggered me. But it didn't sound like you anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

For the rest, didnt/dont have time to test yet but thanks all for your replies, I will surely try soon!
Quote from filur :LFS doesn't write continuously to the file but uses a small cache, and i'd guess dataflow sometimes decreases and the file isn't written to for several seconds.

Maybe a word to Kegetys?
I'm sure he could find the buffer pretty quickly and make the transmission continuous

Anyway, have you found anyone who'll be willing to rewrite and expand LFS-TV?
Quote from maczo :Anyway, have you found anyone who'll be willing to rewrite and expand LFS-TV?

There are plenty who are willing, some who can and have insufficient time to do properly, and some who can but are on other projects
#61 - Tube
I started porting the LFSTV client to Windows XP/2003. It's still sort of buggy here and there but the basic functionality should be there.

Download
Extract into your LFS dir
Needs a face lift, but nice work.
looks good. might need something like that in the future...

btw, dygear what about qualifying-sheduleing in the 360 thingy?
is there a readme...?
and is LFS TV always available?

wanna test it
Quote from CrazyICE :is there a readme...?
and is LFS TV always available?

wanna test it

readme.thread
well, no time to read through all these threads...
Hi,

i did a lfstv version. You can download it here. http://www.triso.de/download/lfstv_0_01.zip

It's working over a relay server. But don't know how stable. Never had more than 6 watchers on the relay.

Greetings,
Wolle
Great Work WolleT, looks very good indeed

Got two Questions:

First: Do you sort of "cut" the replay so the watcher gets a (of course delayed, but "live") replay or does the Relay host simply send the whole replay to the client from the start of recording?

Second is about the first known problem,
Quote :
Known Problems:
- People who join the server between the caster clicks cast and the watcher clicks watch, will not be displayed in the replay or will produce error messages.

This could be solved using an insim connection with flag "ISF_RACE_TRACKING" and a watching for NCN-Packets, couldn't it?
Quote from St4Lk3R :
First: Do you sort of "cut" the replay so the watcher gets a (of course delayed, but "live") replay or does the Relay host simply send the whole replay to the client from the start of recording?

At the moment i cut the replay, so the watcher has only 1-30sec delay.
But in a further version i will implement a choise how the watcher want the replay. (whole replay or cuttet replay version)

About the problem, i have an idea how it could work, but i need some time to test it. Perhaps next weekend.
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion
It Ownz!
#71 - troy
i would like to see it own... but...

i got some problems first it worked (means connected and recieved mpr header)
then i tried to connect on another server and he just said connected and did nothin
so i tried again on the server who worked before with the same result

then deleted the lfstv.mpr the prog generates and it worked again one time,
but atm he just says connected and dosnt do anything anymore no matter if i del lfstv.mpr or not

edit2: now it did work again on a different server, seems a bit random to me ^^
now one server works (without deletin the lfstv.mpr) and one dosnt could be also server side problem then
WOWZ0RZ :bowdown: :elefant: :drink:
Thanks A LOT, this is great!

edit: I'm getting similar problems as described above. Also, I've got a question: what happens if there are no racers on track? Is any replay data sent then?
It's a great program but:
- lfs stops showing the replay after few seconds
- lfstv.exe shuts down itself

am i doing something wrong?
Hi kamo,

you should give the LFS-TV client a few seconds (half a minute should be OK) to write the replay file ahead. This is because LFS does some sort of read-ahead when reading replay files, and the caster LFS also caches the replay data a bit before writing it to the temporary MPR file (and it of course can only be broadcasted if the data is in the file).
Tried it again:
Program just sits there with connected message..it sits there for 5 minuts now and i have no "Received a replay header" message...maczo told me that it's not working for him either now.

Earlier when i tried, the message appeared and i was able to watch the replay for couple secs..

EDIT:
there's a new version on that link..working perfectly for me..i just casted some demo action and beside 30-40 secs delay there were no problems. Great work.

LFS-TV, replay streaming.
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG