The online racing simulator
Will we police LFS?
(53 posts, started )

Poll : Would you feel safer with police?

no
don't care
Yes
Not needed IMO.

Great to hear the barricade is a good success, about time I actually went online to join the fun (whenever I go on there's never any servers worth joining, so I usually race alone).
Hey bob as a 'moderator' under the new scheme you would probably one of the first to be promoted to ****stuble.
oops i mean constable
in all scheme of things there is behviour u can call "lfs crime". that would be wrecking and delibarate incidents which can ruin your race. when its 10 lapper or more that could be quite frustrating.

the police team is not a best sollution by just its name. what i would propose is new section in "lfs racing" subforum called "servers" where you can discuss things, instead of at "general lfs discussion".

and if there would be need for - the admins or the wiliing racers or teams could offer passwords to pm them when they are unable/willing to watch the server. but imho they will meet on servers racing than anouncing at the forum.

nevertheless the section "servers" or "hosts" would be useful i think. just
at the moment i got an example of bizarre hosting at popular [V-R-B]Racing1 at Aston National. watch for me (RandyMcRev) and [V-R-B]Caddy188 at 4th lap and what do you think about that ban for me?
sorry for my languge but the yellow flag was off and ?
Attached files
caddy188.mpr - 747.6 KB - 198 views
#29 - SamH
Quote from AndRand :just
at the moment i got an example of bizarre hosting at popular [V-R-B]Racing1 at Aston National. watch for me (RandyMcRev) and [V-R-B]Caddy188 nd what do you think about that ban for me?
sorry for my languge but the yellow flag was off and ?

Okay, even though we strongly recommend that people don't post replays where a PM would better suffice, I decided to take a look.

I'm afraid I can't see a way to cut it where you were in the right. The guy wasn't being blue-flagged, he was on the same lap as you. He was on a line I use all the time on that straight, to cut a smooth run through the apex, and you came around the outside - a place I don't think you could ever have made a successful overtaking manoevre from - clipped his backside, spinning him anti-clockwise, and then began to swear at him. I might have waited longer to kick you, but if waiting would have resulted from being sworn at more, I'd eventually have done it. Sorry, but I don't think the guy was wrong.
i feel like my eyes see different.
he was out of turn and took his line. when i was overtaking him on the outside with absolutely safe line he changed it. when you look at his wheel you will see its deliberate or he does not use his mirror which both is foul.
#31 - SamH
He's allowed to defend his position in racing, and you didn't achieve a significant overlap. To overtake him safely, I think you needed to out-drive him on the inside, and pull a tighter corner than him.

The strongest conclusion I think you can draw is that it was an unfortunate incident. The kick is something you can't argue with. You were the guy swearing on a public server, and swearing in a public place is generally not regarded as socially acceptable behaviour, anywhere I know of
apart from swearing which is no good but can happen when someone deliberately rams you because youre just faster and hes an admin...

so you say that when im going on outside he can ram me off defending position and if i go inside he cant ?
#33 - SamH
Quote from AndRand :so you say that when im going on outside he can ram me off defending position and if i go inside he cant ?

Nope, I'm saying...
Quote from SamH :The strongest conclusion I think you can draw is that it was an unfortunate incident.

Quote from AndRand :apart from swearing which is no good but can happen when someone deliberately rams you because youre just faster and hes an admin...

My parents used to make me more mad than anyone ever has since, and I never once swore at them. I don't get how swearing "happens", most especially when there are two processes involved.. thinking and typing. I still think you can't claim this as a situation where the majority of wrong-doing was on the part of the other guy. Sorry!
i apologise for my language but i have to learn some softer words i could use online like bugger, prick, cock...

or you can post some...

or you better not
Wether you all know it or not, there are actually folks out there who think they own the right to police other folks servers because they have been a part of LFS for years.

Case in point, a guest who was banned from our server included this statement in his attempted debate as to wether his ban was justified.

Quote :I don't get over those who act as he did. I keep two post-it notes on my desk at all times. Those who've really pissed me off get written down in one of two categories. One is a temporary list in which I'll take their name off once I've had a few months to cool down. (NAME REMOVED) is on that list right now. The other is a permanent list. Those on the permanent list also have replays saved on my hard drive of what they've done. Those people get the hammer from me whenever I see them, and hopefully a sense of just how serious their actions were. One of those guys I actually hunt down when I don't have anything better to do and bad mouth him in whatever server he's in. I offer to email the replay of his actions to anyone who wants to see. Sadly, few are interested in this classic case of wrecking and, inevitably, his feeble excuses as to why he did it.

Sounds to me like they are already out there
ffs that guy needs help illepall

i wouldnt think we need to police LFS because LFS is like life, you get bad servers and good servers....bad people, backstabbers & idiots compaired to good people, genuine people & mates.

thats what iv been taught while being on here

we dont get policed from that in real life...why get policed from people in LFS?
#37 - SamH
That's really quite scary

I'm all for banning wreckers for wrecking (err.. maybe that's stating the obvious?) but I've never considered hunting down and wrecking someone who deliberately crashed into me. The idea of maintaining two lists of "targets" is a little bit too much like the plot of several popular 90s films about psychopaths. Really rather too close for comfort, in fact
thats really weird illepall

who would like to have such psychopats watching over their server? maybe another psychopats.

and the next thing is you can call a driver wrecker, put him on wrecker barricade - thts ok, hope he'll learn something.

but you cant do that with the same sort of psycho who is one of the admins t server. Guys, i know youd like to think that people who run servers are all nice, but
Quote from bigj6230 :i wouldnt think we need to police LFS because LFS is like life, you get bad servers and good servers....bad people, backstabbers & idiots compaired to good people, genuine people & mates.

and i dont find a reason why this cannot apply to admins acting like... hey, SamH, i dont know the word.

i know, SamH, you worry about flaming wars at forum so you closed specific thread on that matter at "general lfs discussion". but imho that what applies for drivers should apply for admins. i dont see difference between them.
Quote from AndRand :thats really weird illepall

who would like to have such psychopats watching their server? maybe another psychopats.

Not us, thats why we banned him.
sry, i meant watching over, i think.

so you were so scared of thought of giving him some admins priviliges that you banned him at all.
well, brave it is
kk, i know, he was ramming ppl from list. but sounded like

i dunno if that will not be closed by mod but a new thread with "server" section at lfs racing subforum should be posted. it could be a place to inform ppl about servers, their rules and to discuss such incident like this one.

that is from thread at general lfs discussion
Quote from SamH :
Creating these threads will NOT help your cause. Server admins won't unban you just because you create a thread about how lousy they are. The ONLY reason to create a thread like this is to whinge or to cause trouble, and THAT is NOT what the forums are for. Don't do it.

like wreckers barricade - it is supposed to make them less lousy
Dang, was my post that confusing? illepall

I'm not even gonna try...
#42 - SamH
AndRand, you're right, I do worry. Flame wars aren't what any of us want.

And you are 100% correct that server admins are just as capable of sucking at being server admins, as I am at being an LFS driver (and believe me when I say, I'm really bad!) There is no difference between them. That's exactly WHY I closed the thread - because server admins are LFS community members too and NOBODY should flame, name or shame ANYBODY else on the forum - be they a driver OR an admin.

Please believe me, I DO understand your frustration, but at the end of the day the server admin owns the server. They pay for the bandwidth, and all costs associated with the server. They have absolute power over the car, track, laps, qualifying, welcome message, and ban list.. and that's simply how it is. If you want to teach them a lesson, then don't join their server. YOU have the last word, by going elsewhere for a race. No server admin wants an empty server.

NOTE: AndRand and I are NOT referring to Marsh2a's server, Land Of The Free (LOTF). Those guys are top-notch, IMO.

[edit] - I'm just re-reading recent posts, and there might be some confusion. MARSH2a banned a wrecker, who was hunting down someone on his list. The list contained names of people he was angry with on LFS. The LOTF server guys did not recruit him to keep their servers clean, they banned him for acting like the "LFS Police".
Actually he was banned for abusing other players on our server during our team night. The comments about hunting people down came after the fact when he wanted to dispute his ban. He is not affiliated with LOTF in any way nor has he ever been.

I will not go into further detail as this matter was handled internally among LOTF and the fellow who was banned. We would like to keep it that way.
Quote from SamH :We could reintroduce the service, if anyone wanted to subscribe. We've finite credit (about 1800 SMSs at the moment in our development account) with the SMS network we use, and that would be chewed up pretty quickly if all the server admins currently receiving wrecker reports decided to receive SMS too. We'd have to charge for them, to finance replenishment of stock, and I can think of better things to spend your money on Nevertheless, if anyone did want to subscribe, let me know.

I'm sorry to bump a really old thread, but I can do this in the US for free via SMTP gateways, surely the UK carriers offer the same service for their networks? The format is simple, the ten digit number then the carrier's gateway address in an email format.

An example of this would be [url=mailto:1235556789@txt.att.net]1235556789@txt.att.net[/url], for AT&T. It's free for the person sending it, and if the person your sending the mail to has unlimited text messaging it does not cost them any more to get that message. Nextel over here still has their much faster SNPP gateway open so you can even get feedback on when the client reads that message you sent. It's a pretty impressive system overall.
next week the question is, "we will crime LFS?"
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :And so crime is (next week)

But crime is a noun, you can't use it that way in a sentence, it makes no sense!
Then the next question will be:

Quote :Will we update LFS?

Quote from z-ro 8 :Then the next question will be:

Quote :Will we buy S3?

2012 is coming people
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759

Will we police LFS?
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG