The online racing simulator
Join2LFS - (UPDATED 30 Nov 2005)
(98 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :I've already got the latest version...

well, but does it work

so i have to update again

can someone check if this version is working!
it's alpha...only joining works, so J2L have to be installed before!

and please backup the old EXE!

http://www.hpr-network.com/counter/getfile.php?id=28
Yay,yay, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Now it works exelent for me!
:banana:

Thank you CrazyICE!
well, as said, this is a beta and i found out that there are still some encoded chars have to be converted.

i'm going to work on it.
but what would also be interesting is why it suddenly happened.
cause i have win XP firefox, IE and opera and there it works really fine!

the reason why it is different for ome people would be very inertesting!

could it be windows vista or the windows language?
I can't download it. I get a 404. Please fix the link.
Does Join2LFS still open up LFS when you click a link? I have too many add-on stuff that opens LFS for me and sets up the insim stuff.

It would be much more useful to just log you on a server if you already have LFS running.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Quote from word. :I can't download it. I get a 404. Please fix the link.

the link for the 2.0 alpha works for me...

Quote from mrodgers :Does Join2LFS still open up LFS when you click a link? I have too many add-on stuff that opens LFS for me and sets up the insim stuff.

It would be much more useful to just log you on a server if you already have LFS running.

sorry, this is not possible to join a server if a lfs instance is currently running!
I just had to reformat.... the link to join2LFS doesnt work... can anyone put the install up anywhere so I can dload it please..... the link doesnt work for the official download... ty
should be found here...
but currently offline it seems:
http://www.lfs-database.com/

/edit:
Well it seems that the website isn't available since some days.

I think i'm going to hots the "original" Join2LFS Version on my own server. I hope that I can do a little more Work on Join2LFS 2.0 so all features of the 1st version will also be available in the 2.0 version.

Please be patient, I will update the Link soon and also send the link to the LFS devs so that they can update their links on LFS World and so on!
I encountered the same problem described above, and indeed - the 2.0 Alpha fixed it. Almost.

Some characters (I think color-changes?) still mess it up: I can't join CTRA servers, for example, because of the color-coded letters. Any way to fix those?
Quote from gingiba :I encountered the same problem described above, and indeed - the 2.0 Alpha fixed it. Almost.

Some characters (I think color-changes?) still mess it up: I can't join CTRA servers, for example, because of the color-coded letters. Any way to fix those?

gonna check that and upload a new version...please be patient
tnx is verry good
I have a problem with Join2LFS

I have download Join2LFS Version 1.4.1.1
i extract it to the lfs Z folder and i open it.
i press on Install and he said( Could not register URL Link)

Plz help me!!!!!!

Thx
do you have admin rights or rights to write into the windows registry?
Yes its my own pc

oh i have find the problem
i must run the program as admin ( But I'm admin)
STUPID VISTA
I get the same message as above. How do i set that i'm an admin in Vista?
Quote from primmy :I get the same message as above. How do i set that i'm an admin in Vista?

Rightclick -> Run as administrator

@CrazyIce: I can install Join2LFS but when i click a link in Firefox the application starts but then it says "A link-error occured!".

I'm using Firefox 3.0.3
Same here.
Firefox 3.0.3 and join2lfs doesn't work, Firefox gives me the error "Invalid command line". The very first time I clicked on a "join" icon, a firefox window popped up asking me which application it should associate with lfs links, I selected LFS.EXE and told it to "remember" it.

Before with IE it was flawless.

And yes, I tried with the lfs2join Alpha version too.
doesnt work with Google Chrome either
Quote from Ripley :Same here.
Firefox 3.0.3 and join2lfs doesn't work, Firefox gives me the error "Invalid command line". The very first time I clicked on a "join" icon, a firefox window popped up asking me which application it should associate with lfs links, I selected LFS.EXE and told it to "remember" it.

Before with IE it was flawless.

And yes, I tried with the lfs2join Alpha version too.

Don't select LFS.EXE but Join2LFS.exe then it works. I am running Firefox 3.0.3 and quite happy with it
it won't let me install it, it says cannot register url link....what do i do?
Quote from Golfert :Don't select LFS.EXE but Join2LFS.exe then it works. I am running Firefox 3.0.3 and quite happy with it

That's beautiful news !
But how do I tell my Firefox to "forget" about the wrong association ?

Edit: Fixed ! It works !!
Just open Firefox, go to Tools -> Options -> Applications, scroll down to "lfs" and select "Use Make LFS-Join links work". Easy !
Firefox 3.0.3 and Join2LFS alpha 2.0.0.0

Tusind tak Golfert ;-)
I keep getting this window when I try to use Join2lfs. I use Firefox 3.0.3, and I applied the changes in options as Ripley suggested. Still no luck. I can join a server from the lfs multiplayer screen or by typing the server if I know it. It just doesn't work using Join2lfs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It appears to be because Firefox encodes the URI, adding a bunch of characters that mess up the link. Could be wrong though. Not that it helps since I don't know how to work around it.
Ice your great to have made this nifty program thanks in advance

Join2LFS - (UPDATED 30 Nov 2005)
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG