The online racing simulator
National flags to race results
(38 posts, started )
National flags to race results
How about adding national flag of every racer from LFSWorld infos to race, qual and training results, that would be the end of all those colored vertical lines after the racername, just a litle finishing touch making this more real, we all are proud where we from right?...there could be an option not to show you nationality if you really dont want to

Sorry if this has been asked before

edit: ok...changed my mind, no flags to windows
I would welcome this. Great idea!
i still want to see flags behind our names on the GTR cars
#4 - Gunn
What about the racers who don't select a country? They will have no flag.

edit: maybe an LFS World flag for those with no country selected?
Top idea man A small thing which (I'm guessing) wouldn't take too long to implement. Another way to integrate the game with the awesome LFSWorld!
a simple but great idea! also i like the idea of having a flag on the GTR cars, but more importantly having more than 8 digits, but that was suggested a million times.
or simply have the "name" displayed in the window and not the "plate"? ^^
Quote from GeForz :or simply have the "name" displayed in the window and not the "plate"? ^^

i'd also like to see that - but try to fit 18 characters in a UFR window

if that isn't possible i would appreciate it, not to have any window names at all (and for the FO cars no name at all) making it possible to include the name and flag into the skin

or if that also is impossible, at least get rid of the license plates on the race cars
Great idea!
Quote from DasKlee :
if that isn't possible i would appreciate it, not to have any window names at all (and for the FO cars no name at all) making it possible to include the name and flag into the skin

just leave the numberplate empty...

(if you want a text on the plate, just use a colored text)
Quote from inCogNito :just leave the numberplate empty...

(if you want a text on the plate, just use a colored text)

that would still leave blank yellow and white plates on the bumpers
yes, but you asked for clean windows
Team info from LFS World could also be included in some way.

@Gunn, at leats in hotlap charts I didn't notice anyone without the country. But yes LFS icon/flag would be for those who want to live in a State of LFS.
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Misko :Team info from LFS World could also be included in some way.

@Gunn, at leats in hotlap charts I didn't notice anyone without the country. But yes LFS icon/flag would be for those who want to live in a State of LFS.

Hehe, I personally don't like to use my country's flag, and I don't race for my country I race for myself.
Quote from Gunn :Hehe, I personally don't like to use my country's flag, and I don't race for my country I race for myself.

I think no one really drives to their country...but you could make new country...Gunnland, doesnt it sound good eh?

You dont like being Australian then?
Understandable :P

I'm joking, don't ban me...
#17 - Gunn
I think flags on cars give a nice international look to the racing, I like that.
Nah, I don't think the flags should be on the cars. The "number plates" are already in the way on the race cars (especially the formula ones), flags would just clutter things up. If people want flags on their cars, they can incorporate them into the skins (I do).

I think the flags should just appear next to the names in the qualifying and race results.
Quote from bobvanvliet :I think the flags should just appear next to the names in the qualifying and race results.

I agree. It's easy enough to put a flag on your paint. No need to put them on the license plate. But a flag by the name in results and qualifying is a very good idea
Quote from X-Ter :I agree. It's easy enough to put a flag on your paint. No need to put them on the license plate. But a flag by the name in results and qualifying is a very good idea

Agreed.
now we have flags in the forum, the next step could be in the game

nice little addition btw, the forum is getting better and better
That would be logical yes :banana:
very good suggestion! and I even think it's not so hard to implement
It's amazing to see such a little thing improving the general feeling of the forum so much! Top idea!
I'm stayin' on offtopic, but I think this is the best forum (technically and by content) in the world

Ok, I'd like to see that race result flag thing too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG