The online racing simulator
close roof
(23 posts, started )
close roof
hello, this is only a small improvement suggestion

why can't u close the roof of an RAC? because u can do it with an LX4,6 and the UF1, so why not the RAC

and oh yes: why not hard tops?(exept UF1)
It doesn't have one. That's why.
ow lol
sorry this can be closed
#5 - Vain
Here is the manufacturer's website with pictures of the 02/03 Raceabout. You get a cookie if you can find the roof.

Vain
See, RAC with a roof! I want my cookie
Attached images
racwithroof.jpg
Nice garage! I wonder how thief-safe that would be.

Probably thief-safe, but depending on what plants you put in there, maybe not police-safe

That said, it made me think it could be an idea to have a "close roof" F12 option for next pitstop on cars like LX4/6.
Quote from Nick_ll :That said, it made me think it could be an idea to have a "close roof" F12 option for next pitstop on cars like LX4/6.

Hmm sounds cool, but I am not sure how long that would take.... Those kinds of covers could probably take at least a minute to put on snuggly (unlatch back hatch, stretch it over, buckly it on, Maybe if we had sudden rain strikes it would be worth having that option
rofl; like the cover the guys on Top Gear made for that van, that was awesome!

imo, for a car like this you would deffinetly see the replaceable hardtop (similar to the one ORION modeled)
i cant think of any cars that currently use this, but there have been a few
No cookies, blatant edit (bad one at that).

Now you owe ME a cookie.
#12 - Vain
Quote from Tweaker :Maybe if we had sudden rain strikes it would be worth having that option

Why? What effect on the car's performance would "The driver is soaking wet and cold" have?
This would of course change if LFS would simulate the physical condition of the driver. On the downside this would lead to a series of other "simulation" aspects ("Your driver is feeling lonely. Make friends with other drivers to raise his happyness and performance!" - "Your driver is hungry! Stop at the pits and eat something!" - "Your driver needs to take a leak! Hurry!" ...)

On a different note... Does the RAC have holes for the rain-water to flow away? Otherwise the RAC would get heavier and heavier during rain...

Vain
Quote from Vain :Why? What effect on the car's performance would "The driver is soaking wet and cold" have?
This would of course change if LFS would simulate the physical condition of the driver. On the downside this would lead to a series of other "simulation" aspects ("Your driver is feeling lonely. Make friends with other drivers to raise his happyness and performance!" - "Your driver is hungry! Stop at the pits and eat something!" - "Your driver needs to take a leak! Hurry!" ...)

On a different note... Does the RAC have holes for the rain-water to flow away? Otherwise the RAC would get heavier and heavier during rain...

Vain

wel u could make same things to attach the hard top just after the sport seats
thats an GTR version i allready have it in my topic in screenshot section
this is about RA with roof but normal version NOT "RAR"
#16 - Gunn
The RAC already drives like a boat, a little rain shouldn't effect it at all, might even help.
Quote from Vain :On a different note... Does the RAC have holes for the rain-water to flow away? Otherwise the RAC would get heavier and heavier during rain...

Nah, it's specially developed for the sunny and warm Finnish climate.
If you drive fast enough the rain will just go over the top and not come in.
and if you crash and roll and come still and if it raining hard?
Quote from Bob Smith :No cookies, blatant edit (bad one at that).

Now you owe ME a cookie.

Aw, I put some real effort into that! My unit really bringing the best out in me You'll get your cookie, you wait (don't hold your breath)
iirc Tege said once that there is also a roof available for the real RAC - I've never seen it though.
Quote :"Your driver needs to take a leak! Hurry!"

In RL I can assure you this does effect performance. I can also assure you that it is simulated in LFS right now.
#23 - Tege
Quote from ORION :iirc Tege said once that there is also a roof available for the real RAC - I've never seen it though.

I haven't seen it either. There is no roof for the car. Only a cover that covers the whole car but it's not even waterproof.

close roof
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG