The online racing simulator
Average White Band - Back in '67
breaking in some new tunes. good weather seems to bring the melodic trance out of me lol.
Silent Stars
Coone - The Challenge (whole album)
Quote from dadge :breaking in some new tunes. good weather seems to bring the melodic trance out of me lol.
Silent Stars

Nice! Good vibes.

Sinners is some tune, eh? Love it.
Yoko Kanno - Surf
scream aim fire ~ bullet for my valentine

just got done with party rock anthem ~ LMFAO
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Endymion & The Viper - My Music World
squad-e from lfsforum?
No lol, not that squad-e, i mean Dj squad-e, hardcore DJ and co-founder of twista records, the other part of twista is DJ re-con, aka, ultrabeats frontman.
slightly off topic. Dan, have you ever tried mixing in key? if not, you have to give it a go m8. it'll change the way you mix for ever.
cant say i have really dadge, some tracks are quite keymatched anyway depending on pitch and stuff as im sure you know, and they just go in together well, but then theres the odd calamity where a bassline comes in and eventho its beatmatched it sounds kinda clashy, which is why i tend to let things like the main melodies end before i start the mix and just blend the lead ins and lead outs, which may sound a little boring at times, but it would be an MC's dream!
i think the hardcore mix i put on your hardcore thread was mixed in key. it's easy to do. i use a program called mixmeister6 to find the key of my tunes. (you will ave to either record your records to mp3 or download the mp3). once you have the key, everything else falls into place. for every 3% pitch change, the key changes by half an octave. so a tune that is too fast/slow and a couple of keys out could still fit into the mix.
it can fry your melon if you let it, but when it works, it's seamless.

this is the key chart. it works either direction but only one square at a time (no diagonals).
Example; you're playing a song that is D-flat major(3B) for key mixing, your next tune should be either a 2b,3b,4b or 3a. once you get you're head round it, it'll be the first thing you do when putting a set in order.
Quote from dadge :snip

Already said this to you on MixCloud, but MixedInKey is brilliant. Thats where the Camelot wheel comes from. Although MixMeister will do the same job so if you have that, there is no need to try the other.

Now I always try to mix in key. The transitions and the overall flow is so much more smoother and pleasant to the ear.
Great news!! my mix has got me into the top six in a DJ competition. i'm playing in Belfast on the 29th (this friday) in the final. GET IN YA CERT!!
working on my set now.
Brilliant! Congrats.

Sinners is a must. Drop that in, and you got an instant win. (Taking into account them Belfast people appreciate a good "banger". )

Next time drop me a link to these competitions!
i stumbled on it. lol. google dj comps in the uk.

EDIT: good call in sinners but it's out of key for the set i have(i'm playing A-m and D-m sinners is G#m). i suppose i could try alternate chords on my keyboard to find the best key out of what i'm playing. i could risk it. i'll have to give it a whirl me finx.

DOUBLE EDIT: sinners in now in my set good call.
Hehe. Nice one!

Will you be recording the set?

Either way, good luck!
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG