The online racing simulator
Online Racing School
(41 posts, started )
#1 - Cawwa
Online Racing School
I might as well publish this here since it's consurning newbies in LFS.

Team XFR starts an Online Racing School in LFS. The school starts Monday August 28.

We wants to do some payback to the community. We hope this way is a good one in order to improve racing skills out there.
At this time we concentrate in the drivers that are pretty new to sim racing. If you run in the OLFS League's lower division you probably can find some usefull tips and ideas.
Our goal is to help people to improve their skills on racing technique, tactics, setup and above all, behaviour on the track.

If you seriously want to improve your skills and think this is something for you, post here in the lfs forum or in our forum at our team site.

Headmasters: Cawwa and Eblio
Teachers: All the team but more from; agor, Toretto, Cawwa and Eblio

Welcome with your aplication!

To make it even more easy. Just click on this link and copy/past this template, fill in your info into the message area to register:
LFSWorld name:
License (demo, S1, S2):
Online racing experince:

Don't forget to insert your name and mail adress in that form.
Our site have some more info, including a Q/A section in our forum that will grow with your questions.
#2 - Cawwa
Hey guys ... remember to check your email proper. Since you just type in this in the form you have to write it carefully. E.g. it's not homail ... it's hotmail. I dunno why you use hotmail so much, it's pretty crappy.

If you want an invitation to gmail just let me know!! I still have more then 50 to invite.

Also ... at our site you choose Forum, to the left, and there choose the Online Racing School you get a lot of your questions answered.
Nice that people actually want to help others I signed up
Same here - I'm in dire need of help since I became S2 licenced. I was okay at Demo stage, but since getting the cars and tracks I'm rubbish.
I need some setup knowledge, do you have a class devoted to that? I need it perticually for the BF1.

LFSWorld name: Dygear
License (demo, S1, S2): S2
Online racing experince: LFSNAL Season 3 (GTR Class), FMCUP Season 1 and 2 (S-S Class), LFS : F1 Season 1 (FO8) SimFIA : F1 Season 1 (BF1), SimFIA : DTM Season 1 (FXR).
#6 - Cawwa
We have now sent out an answer mail from me and/or Eblio, to all of the applicants.

If you haven't got any mail, pls send a new reminder

@Dygear ... that's our weak point too ... ... when it comes to formula cars though, we have MJanosh who is pretty good to handle those cars with the setup thingy. He haven't signed up as a teacher (yet) but I guess he might help you. I get back to you in this matter and if we are going to create such a special class.
When we fired up this Online Racing School we decided to concentrate on the over all newbies. Nothing is written in stone though.
#7 - Cawwa
Quote from Hog700 :Same here - I'm in dire need of help since I became S2 licenced. I was okay at Demo stage, but since getting the cars and tracks I'm rubbish.

It's allways hard when new cars and tracks are involved. I guess we might be able to do something about it and help you to improvements though.
#8 - Cawwa
Hmm sounds good, I would not mind coming out and learning something new. But what Time is this going to be on Monday aug 28th? (eastern Time zone) since I work during the day I might not be able to make it.

Thanks
7pm Cest
Quote from bryanviper :Hmm sounds good, I would not mind coming out and learning something new. But what Time is this going to be on Monday aug 28th? (eastern Time zone) since I work during the day I might not be able to make it.

Thanks

This converter is one of the best, pls check there. I doubt that you can join a normal workday though.
For more info go to our site and check out the Onine Racing School in the forum.
Quote from Cawwa :We have now sent out an answer mail from me and/or Eblio, to all of the applicants.

I'm e-mail-less (what a word ). More specificly, I never got an e-mail reply... I signed up using the little form sending thingy in the link (This link) if that helps... I also commented in the fourms on your website . Anywho, if you need me too, I'll just resend the application through a more prefered means....

(Oh, and because I didn't mention it, my E-Mail is Shinrar@gmail.com...)

EDIT!!!!

I found it... Heh. It was burried in a pile of mail I got that I marked as spam in one feel swoop. Woops.
Signed up.

I've been out of the loop for a while and just getting back into LFS.
#16 - Smax
Quote from bryanviper :What GTM is that? like -5:00 is my time zone.

Thanks

GMT-4.

They're on Central European time which is GMT + 1
That converter I linked to is handy. Bookmark is also usefull ...

Everyone seem to use different letter combinations, just go to that converter and all questions about it will automaticly stop.
Quote from Smax :GMT-4.

They're on Central European time which is GMT + 1

Thanks....and of course i'll be working since thats a 5 or 6 hr diff from me.

oh well
-
Im Gay!!!!! (CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Would of recommended using UTC, as that does not change.
You can find the current time in UTC on the SimFIA website.

If you use PHP at all you can get the UTC time in the 24 hour clock format like so.

<?php 
echo date('H:i:s \U\T\C'date('U') - date('Z')); 
?>

If it's GMT+1 I can come..
if it's GMT-6 I can come too...

too bad we only have less than 1 day... (without any club rev servers on)

EDIT: first lap (after starting lap) without crashing: 45.XX
I'm happy that you work with your homework Blakje ...
This one is for off line practise, to get to know the track and car. Just go to hotlap in the game, make a what you consider is a good lap and press 1 on your keypad to save the spr-file. Send that file to me and I'll comment it at Monday.
I just sent out a reminder for you who haven't done your homeworks. Or more right to say; since you haven't received your homework I corrected my mistake ...

You also need to go to our forum for more detailed information concerning the school and to complete your form.
The day to day info will be there from now on.

Don't forget to go to our forum for complete info.

Online Racing School
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG