The online racing simulator
Funny cheat via The Stig
(133 posts, closed, started )
What, I don't get that.
#52 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :What, I don't get that.

from the film "The Holy Grail" by Monty Python, althought probably before your time (damn i sound old for a 15 year old!)
Uhh the more I think about it, there OUGHT to be a "cheat" server.
Think about it... does banning wreckers STOP wreckers really?
No. it just stops the wrecker that got caught and two more show up in their place.
Right now, it seems cheaters are few & far between, so were wreckers and forum trolls at one time

If there was a server, that allowed cheats, maybe the cheaters could all go there and maybe get that crap out of their system....maybe.

Speaking of cheats... we really need better ones, this go fast thing is just
plainly geared for slow witted people... Hell any one could shatter their personal split times before wrecking everywhere with out using that cheat... I want cheats that simulate oil and/or spike strips to be deployed from the back end of the car...Now THAT'S a quality cheat

LOL why can't the devs code potential exploits in the game that would allow cheaters to do that instead of just go real fast?.... will that exploit be on the next update?

When I played Age of Empires waay waay back, there were cheater games played there all the time. Nothing they did on those games counted towards any sort of stats and type in a certain word (I forgot) and you got youself a kid on a tricycle with a really big gun mixing it up with elephants and catapults..

If these people just HAVE to waste all that time to come up with something
that gives you an unfair advantage and takes away from the spirit of the game, then I say it ought to at least be something cool.
Well I think a ban is too much of a let off, lets get their address and remove their sexual orangans so they can't create little cheating offspring.
Quote :I want cheats that simulate oil and/or spike strips to be deployed from the back end of the car...Now THAT'S a quality cheat

LOL why can't the devs code potential exploits in the game that would allow cheaters to do that instead of just go real fast?.... will that exploit be on the next update?

Are you feeling alright? Oil and spike strips shooting out the back of our cars? This is LiveForSpeed, not LiveForRoadRage. If you want that sort of weaponry, go back to the Sega Genesis and play Rock 'n Roll Racing :-)
Absolutely no cheaters or cheatservers in Lfs.

It makes me sad to see a replay like this - Now every skilled driver, beating the arse out of us, maby ends up in the grey zone.

If cheatservers are allowed, then I will have more urgent things to do, than spilling my time driving this sim.

The punishment must be hard - Very hard. Potential cheaters have to learn "the lesson".

This is not cutting a corner, or simular to that - This is much worse.
I know I speak for most of the danish drivers, because we had this discussion allready.
it would be funny to program a protection-code in a way cheatpeople wont get kicked then but when cheat is detected their car instantly breaks down (instant broken suspension "F10 all red bars") lol not to forget instant 4 blown tyres as well

that would be so funny
Quote from duke_toaster :So let's bury our heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away then.

Well, talking about it won't make it go away either. If there is a cheat why make posts about it and basically just spread the information?
Cheating sux! Banned from every FM-Server!!
Well, The Stig had no tact about using that cheat. From the looks of it, he's pressing a button that gives the car a boost like NOS. He wasn't very tact about it because he would make the car reach 300 Kmh which is obviously waaay off the actual car top speed. I don't get why people like to race with cheats like that, it doesn't prove that they're quicker than you and also its unfair on the other racers.
Quote from STROBE :Those replays are appalling. Sadly, cheaters are always going to be around in online gaming - LFS until now has had it easy due to it's niche appeal and close community, but the more popular it gets, the higher the probability of being targetted by cheaters.

Whilst there's undoubtedly a need for a technical way of stopping cheaters (i.e. something coded into the game by Scawen), I do hope that when evidence is brought to light that those cheating get banned. Permanently. They lose their S2 licence.

If they don't, to me that just invites other prospective cheaters with an S2 licence to come and have a go, see what "fun" it is and if they can get away with it. Of course it's the dev's decision how to handle the accounts of cheaters, and I have faith that they know what's best for LFS. But the clause is there in the user agreement that gives them the right to disable the licence, and if this isn't one of those cases, then what is? If they don't, I dearly hope there's a good reason for not doing so, even though we may or may not have the right to know that reason.

+1
Here is my lfs anticheat banner^^
Attached images
lfs anticheat banner.jpg
Quote from joen :No cheats on any server imo, let's keep it pure.

+1 (/ban 9999)
From the EULA
1.5 Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.

It's there. EULA is a binding contract. Use it!
To the rest of the community, tell other about this important point in the EULA. Put it in welcomemessages or whatever. It will atleast scare the "curious cheaters" away. The worst kind of cheaters if you ask me. The ones that downloaded a cheat to try it but decides to keep it. Like scriptkiddies. It'll keep them from trying.
Quote from cool_big_andy :Here is my lfs anticheat banner^^

We should make a donation,so these guys can buy a jetplane and visit all cheaters personally!! :-D

Greetings BlasteR
All these talk about cheaters is making them more eager to cheat. You have to understand the psychology of a cheaters. They are attention whores, simple as that. They want to be talked about, even if they are hated, they are the centre of attention. They want to join a server and stand out, they want some to be confused about how they do that and others angry they are doing it.

The worst thing you can do to them is ignore them, save the replay and if possible ban them from the server.

I am sure the people who created the cheat are reading all of these posts and laughing and enjoying the problem they have created. Enjoy the attention, it seems you don't get enough in real life.
-
(luzik) DELETED by luzik
at least this sudden upsurge in cheats proves one thing

LFS is an established popular online game (sim)
i'm hating this cheating coz it just spoils it for everyone else (since this stuff has happen lfs just hasnt been the same ) mightly upset
Quote from alland44 :Who are those guys ?

have you ever played "Mafia"? these guys are from this game
Quote from cool_big_andy :have you ever played "Mafia"? these guys are from this game

Nopes !
I don`t play computer games. I only drive sims, and 99% of the time it`s Lfs.
You do know the mafia though don't you.
This thread is closed

Funny cheat via The Stig
(133 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG