The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo themed skins for LFS2
(39 posts, started )
Hey guys.

I'm a keen LFS driver (albeit a novice) and enjoy the different skins that the LFS community makes. I have tried to dabble myself, but am absolutely hopeless.

I also have enjoyed all of the Gran Turismo games since GT1 right through to GT4. I'm not one to get caught up in the console/pc/arcade/sim debate. If i like it, i will drive it

Been tinkering with the idea of getting some Gran Turismo logo'd skins, and one of my aussie mates (and fellow GT player) Rare White Ape has made a lovely GT themed F1 car that i'm currently downloading and can't wait to test out.

If anyone has some spare time and an inkling to create a 'Gran Turismo' LFS skinned car then i'd sure apprecaite it. I'm not fussy what model car, but i do tend to drive the XF GTI, XR GTR, and FXO GTR more so than others. But beggars can't be choosers
i made a honda civic skin for xfr. from gt4 if its any use fo r you. or do you mean skins that say "granturismo" on them?
skin here
preview here
#3 - Smax
Zed28 from Master Skinners made a whole load of wicked JGTC "supra" skins based on the FZR, you can get the ones which are still online here.

http://www.lfsresource.com/ind ... &gid=18&Itemid=29

He also made a very cool 787B Mazda styled skin for the XRR [you're supposed to pretend it's an RX7] I attach it here 'cos I can't find it online.

I don't think any of thses skins are on LFS world anymore, you'll have to upload em yourself
Attached images
XRR_zed28_Renown1.jpg
Cheers boys. Those links/downloads are awesome .

I'm a huge rotary engine fan, so anything with the 787B scheme is a big bonus. And the JGTC cars are also a favorite series of mine (even though i'm partial to the RE Amemiya RX7 in the GT300 class). Great link Smax.

Captain Slow wrote -
Quote :or do you mean skins that say "granturismo" on

I was sort of after skins with 'gran turismo' on them, logos and such, but i'll take anything mate. I'll be giving your civic skin a good few laps, you can be certain of that
#5 - Smax
I'm sure I saw a Fox with a GT4 logo on it once, and a BF1 with the Pescarolo colour scheme. I'm afraid you'll have to wade through all the finished skin topics for the open wheelers though 'cos I didn't save em.

*Edit presuming you mean this car, well I've got enough pics to make something pretty similar.

http://img215.exs.cx/img215/5637/rx78wr.jpg *edit

I think the XRR resembles the RX7 the most but if you want a different car skinning then please say so.

http://i106.photobucket.com/al ... bydzine/XRG_Mazda787T.jpg

That's another 787B scheme for the XR GT which imho isn't as good as Zed28's XRR but you might wanna check it out anyway.
-
(Smax) DELETED by Smax : duplicate
Youve got rare white apes bf1 skin i dont know of anymore.
ive made the motul pitwork 350z for the fzr but your looking for actual "gran turismo" skins.
If you have not already looked through all the skin threads try them.
I've done the 2003 Pescarolo-Courage skin for the FOX. Sorry, I've had a few too many brewskies tonight to find it. It should be in the FOX/FO8 thread on here, or in my Garage on Master-Skinnerz
You blokes are champions

And that RE Amemiya RX7 is spot on Smax. The other RX7 LM cars in Gran Turismo 4 are also great looking 'fantasy' cars, but the RE Amemiya is the pick of the real life RX7 rotaries.

I tried once again to use my limited skills and my basic Windows Paint to simply stick a GT4 game logo on the bonnet and some varied GT4 logos and such around the car, but the template seems not to match up when i go to drive the car and the outline of the rear wheel is on the car bodywork. Jeez i suck at this stuff.
:dnfnoob:
Well, morning time now, the effects of the drinky have gone, so I decided to grab a link for ya :P

2003 Pescarolo-FOX

Have a gander around the Master Skinnerz forums as well. Not all GT4 related, but some fantastic work none-the-less!
Quote :Well, morning time now, the effects of the drinky have gone, so I decided to grab a link for ya :P

Real aussie men drink em selves sober for breakfast . Cheers for the link to your handywork mate.
hehe, thanks :P
#12 - Smax
Well here's your Asparadrink "RX-7" personally I think it's got way too many decals on it, but the real thing actually has even more so I'm obviously not just not cool enough to appreciate it properly

I've had to make a lot of these decals from scratch, cos I just couldn't find them online, and often I was trying to copy a little messy blob of pixels since I couldn't find any really good photos of the car either. The bottle decal I had to fake up from scratch, and the label's probably nowhere near acurate. So what you've ended up with is more of an approximation of the car than an exact copy, apologies for that.

XRR_JGTC_REAmimeya_2048.jpg is the high quality skin for offline use
XRR_JGTC_REAmimeya_1024.jpg is the lower quality version which you'll need to upload if you want to use this skin online.

Personally I'd say keep this one for offline use and just use the 2048 version, cos the people you're racing against are only gonna see a low quality 512 pixel compressed version, and the decals on this are so small they'll never read half of 'em.

It looks like I'll have time to knock up another skin this weekend, so if you want something a bit more in a bit more of a Gran Turismo style then name your favourite car and I'll knock one out for you.
Attached images
XRR_REAmimeya_2048.jpg
XRR_REAmimeya_1024.jpg
#13 - Smax
Um of masterskinnerz is manintightpants on this forum
Bf1
Attached images
BF1_PlayStationNet.jpg
I'm getting quite a collection of Gran Turismo related skins . Can't thank you guys enough for the links and the great looking skins!

Smax wrote -
Quote :So what you've ended up with is more of an approximation of the car than an exact copy, apologies for that.

A pretty darn impressive approximation. You are a champion. I'll be having some laps in the yellow monster rotary tonight after work. . And thanks for the offer of knocking up a GT themed car. I'm a bit late in asking, so i'll manage to scape by with your other master skins as you have already done enough for a sod like me. Cheers again mate.
#17 - Smax
Yeah well I got bored so I just did my own thing

As before upload the 1024 version to LFS world and keep the 2048 for yourself.
Attached images
Gran_Tursimo_preview.jpg
FXR_GTurismo_1024.jpg
FXR_GTurismo_2048.jpg
Quote from Smax :Yeah well I got bored so I just did my own thing

Very, very nice work !
Quote from Smax :Yeah well I got bored so I just did my own thing

HOLY CRAP!! That is amazing Smax!
Did i mention that you are a champion . That is one great looking 'Gran Turismo' LFS car. Appreciate the work mate
Here's a FOX based on the GT4 Formula Renault.
Attached images
FOX_GT4_19.jpg
Lovin those GT ones the look awsome especially the fxr with the playstation controller on the side.

Nice job everyone
Another skin to test out ChiliFan . Been testing out the other ones posted in this thread and they all look great. Got some good screen grabs that i've been using for some screen savers, and i hope to be able to get online for some racing this comming weekend so i can give the paint schemes some serious tracktime.
Stop making skins for him, he tends to go crazy after a while
Incredible, Smax!

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG