The online racing simulator
BTCC @ Snetterton + new lens ;)
(36 posts, started )
Hey All,

Decided to treat myself to a new lens at the weekend, what better way to test it than the BTCC @ Snetterton this weekend, was a great days racing with lots of action, and it didnt rain either...bonus

Couple of shots here, 300+ more at my online album > http://danowat.myphotoalbum.co ... php?set_albumName=album01

Cracking photos!!
Did you see the argy bargy between Plato and Neal?
Yeah, they took each other out right in front of me, I always stand between Coram and Russell, and you always get some good action there, there are pics of them taking each other out in the online album (which is still updating)

I love the one of Dave Pinkney trying to look under the flipped up bonnet LOL

Was a great days racing all round really, most enjoyable

Dan,
hehe lovely, only time i see BTCC is on TV and matt neal was victorious in race 3 yaaay shame sheddon lost a few places on race 3
Which corner was it where Neal was broadside, but managed to save it?
Not sure, don't think it was where I was, Giovanardi got VERY sideways round Coram nearly every lap, as did Proctor in his Type R Civic.

Neal was VERY unluckly to miss out in the 2nd race, but thats racing.

Dan,
Plato treads a VERY fine line between racing hard and wrecking, but obviously this time he got away with it.
Yup, I always feel that those two, Plato and Thompson, feel they are a cut above everyone else, and drive like it too, mind you the Seat's are very quick.

Dan,
The SEAT's are quick, but on telly, you could tell that Plato was holding up Neal just about everywhere around the track.

EDIT

Did Plato have the extra ballast at that time?
Yes, I believe he did, Neal was catching him for a good 6 laps, then on the last lap on the last corner (Russell) Neal went for it, they both ended up on the grass and sideways, but Neal came off worse.

Dan,
And as you can see I suck at racing on LFS and IRL, in photo two you can see me going off track ;p
I haven't seen race 2 and 3 yet...but deem, race 1 was nice

Nice pics
Quote from mrfell :Did Plato have the extra ballast at that time?

He had about 30 kilos of ballast
Watching it on TV it was very poor racing, still got this banger racing style attitude which is tolerated because it's good for TV, even now (after they bastardised the supertourers) the cars are really too fast for that kind of high contact racing and sooner or later someone will get killed (most likely a spectator or marshall) from deliberate contact. The racing wasn't very good, few clean moves (watched races 1 + 3). This Plato/Neal war is just sad and choosing the pole sitter with a lucky dip is just ridiculous.

I watched two Stock Hatch races at Brands on Saturday, they provided much cleaner racing (well ok 3 cars ended upside down but not from deliberate contact ) with a much larger grid and plenty of overtaking in a budget formula, that's what touring car racing should be about.
dan, try some pan shots. i noticed the wheels were still in all the pics...quick shutter speed...slow it down a bit and follow the cars as you take a pic...if done right, the background is blurred and the car in in focus, wheels moving too...look great...but you prob know this, lol.
what lens did you get??
nice pic btw
Yup, all fair points, maybe when I have a tripod I will do that, but I found it trickey to keep the camera still enough to get decent shots so I bumped the ISO up to 800, not ideal, but I was struggling with the new lens.

I got the Mk3 USM 75-300, I couldnt afford the IS one, which would have solved the above issue .

Dan,
Almost forgot about the photos in my rant about touring cars Great shots, especially love the Formula BMW, got it in a higher resolution?
I'm sulking because you didn't invite me (even though I'm not the biggest fan of BTCC). However, great pics. I'll drag you down to Brands in September to be my official photographer
Was one of those spur of the moment things, I'll think of you next time mate

As for Brands, any time

Dan,
i was there too Dan i watched from the opposite side of the track to where u were.
was probably one of the best corners on the track to watch, plenty of action!
giovanardi was great to watch in the 1st race!
Quote from nikimere :i was there too Dan i watched from the opposite side of the track to where u were.
was probably one of the best corners on the track to watch, plenty of action!
giovanardi was great to watch in the 1st race!

Yeah, its (IMO) the best place to be, shame I didnt know you were there Niki

Dan,
#24 - Mc21

Carlin Motorsport, I helped clean up that car
I heard Carlin had entered an entry to join F1, anyone else heard this?

I was planning to go to watch the BTCC at Donington the other week, but couldn't make it. Looked like a good weekend Dan, was the general hospitality and atmosphere any good?

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG