The online racing simulator
drunk driving
(51 posts, started )
Haven't tried it in LFS yet, but I did play Driver after having quite a few a long long while ago. Was about as horrible as I was when I was sober.. LOL

Actually... I have played LFS while drinking. Last day in residence this year, about 1:30pm, party started so I had a few while doing some laps. The problems came while trying to open the beers after they were in the fridge. For some reason, all of the Sleemans exploded, but none of my Canadians or MGDs... Go figure.
usually i don't drink alcohol while racing...but i don't drink alcohol at home usually anyway.

on one occasion though, when there was only cider left at home, i drank a litre during the course of an evening's league race and it wasn't particularily good for my result.
Ive raced a few times whilst being intoxicated. It was quite a weird experience, as i wasnt really incontrol of the wheel and my reactions were a lot slower but after a while you kinda adjust. Its a is you went from bf1 to uf1.. I even ended up beating some people at blackwood and aston nat...

but normally i dont bother racing lfs, just sit at my comp and listen to some music...

mad
yes I drink and drive on LFS regularly! mostly hotlapping yes but here's how it works for me

(1 beer in germany is 0.5 liter)
and consider that a german beer weighs two american beers.

but let me get this clear, you have to drink 4.9 beers in order to even get near you PB time, but as soon as you finish the fifth you fall of your chair?
-
(IDUI) DELETED by IDUI
#31 - IDUI
:drunk:
I'm as well improving when I'm sober but it's most likely that there will be a new pb when being drunk to that certain point of 'maximum relaxation' or 'lowered inhibition threshold' or whatever it is that makes someone faster.

Maybe it's that small range between genious and madness?
#33 - Tick
Drink all you want! Ill pass you as you blow thru T1.

Tick
Dunno, I have the motto: one shot per lap. So after few races I really start picking up the speed, pbs are dropping in seconds, but after few races more it gets really ugly. Finally I just park the car in safe position near T1 and let my brain/liver rest

The next morning I wake up in my XRR and I'm totally lost again...
On slower, easier cars (UF1, XFG, XRG, RB4..) 1 or 2 beers may slightly improve my performance in some situations. Faster cars when more awarness is needed instead of aggressive lines, alcohol definately doesn't do any good.
I've not drank and played a game for some time, last time I did I think I was into Race Driver 2, and I found the game more enjoyable. But I don't really drink much, and am yet to try it with LFS.

Though drinking a ton of real coffee (none of this instant crap), really screws you up because your heart goes a million and one miles an hour, and you start getting jitters.

Quote from Bean0 :I nearly always have a drink before/during races, although with some combos its difficult to take a swig if the straight parts aren't long enough.

Along the same lines, does anyone else smoke whilst driving ?

That's what straws are made for Or those beer hats :3
Quote from Gentlefoot :I have a name for the effect you describe. I call it 'The Lowenbrau curve"

HAHA That's great!

Lately all the time I've had for LFS is a half-hour of hotlapping online while I nurse a Sam Adams right before bed. I rarely drink more than one or two at a time these days, so It's actually enough to just loosen me up a little, but I couldn't say whether it really helps or hinders to any noticeable degree.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I don't drink or smoke, but I know someone who did a test once. They had to take the driving license tests (driving backwards through pillons), and it was timed. After the first time, they had to drink a few, and take the test again. This particular guy was faster after the drinks

Fifth Gear did a similar test with similar results very recently. Although the test was far from scientific (read: crap) and Vicky was extremely irritating as always.
#39 - Goop
Another vote for some drinks and a smoke. The drink is pretty much a permanent fixture (kinda like Julian in Trailer Park Boys ) and I find a wee chuff helps me concentrate. To a point...

League racing is a quiet beer :shhh:, and some strong coffee.
Usually a Guiness or two works wonders. It is of course the only beer worth drinking, and for a car nut the fact that it resembles motor oil (aesthetically only!) is just a bonus. If you don't need a spoon, it's not beer!!!!!11one

I don't "smoke" (as you guys so conspicuously put it) any more, but when I did LFS was amazingly (edit: moreso than normal) enjoyable. Immersion went up 10x, and it was far easier to concentrate and just generally a hoot (so to speak).

All in all, my laptimes are always the same no matter what, which is wierd.
Ball Bearing Turbo, if you like the Guiness, you should try a black St-Ambroise. I think it's a bit tastier than a Guiness. You can get some in the province of Québec. It tastes like wonders after a hard day of work!
French muck, eh? I guess you'd need to eat it with cheese we'll wearing black skin tight pants, a skin tight strippy top and a black barret
Quote from Gentlefoot :I often sink a bottle of wine and then play LFS. It affects my decision making more than anything and I often tap someone unintentionaly or go for an ill advised overtake. However my lap times are usually within a few tenths of my pb and I have even set PBs having knocked back a strong bottle of red.

same here
Quote from rediske :(1 beer in germany is 0.5 liter)

Partly true. It's half a beer only where I live...
so you are a bavarian lowgoods^^

But most of the beer is filled in 0.5 litre bottles I think.
And yes, german beer does contain more alcohol than american or canadian beer IIRC. That is because the average North-American beer-drinker does not like the taste of beer (Yes, someone stated this in a german TV documentation about some weird exposition anywhere in the north of germany). I think 2 or 3 bottles of Koelsch (the beer that is mostly made here in cologne) would already knock you americans down

Dont want to seem rude, but its like that
:huepfenic
and koelsch isn't even a real beer!....
LOL you know how Germany is stereotytped for having really good beer?
Well all the beer I tried from Germany I thought sucked...
No one ever says anything about German Wine, which I think is really good.

Oh yeah, the massed produced American beer is pretty much lame, but
some micro breweries can be pretty good. My favorite American- mass market beers is Shiner Boch
And Guiness???? YUCK! That ain't beer, that's toxic waste with alcohol! I like Bass much better....

A couple a years ago, somebody gave me a hydroponic mushroom...
My dumb red-neck ass thought it was like... you know a Portabella
or a Shitake or a "food" mushroom... LOL I found out about 15 min.s after eating it it wasn't. I played LFS and well the detail level and colors were
flat out amazing. I was doing pretty good too til I got side tracked on all the pretty details and slammed into a wall.

another time I was drinking some scotch (chivas) my wife's cute cousin was in town and all of us was plastered....While I was racing she came over & started running her fingers thru my hair & asked my wife if she could... me.... I wrecked really good after hearing that... and then well...
well, I'll just leave the rest of the story to y'alls imagination
Very good beer from Czech Republic: Staropramen it's bit hard to get here in Finland tho

ps. getting really off topic eh
#49 - Nard
Quote from St4Lk3R :And yes, german beer does contain more alcohol than american or canadian beer IIRC. That is because the average North-American beer-drinker does not like the taste of beer

I take offense. You need to understand that mainstream canadian beer is indeed the same piss as the american brands. But the good stuff comes from the regional brewries. Every part of Canada has their own fetish brewry or brand, and let me tell you, I haven't found many beers that will challenge them.

One of the most famous brands in Quebec (french-canadian province) was a bière-sur-lie containing roughy 10% alcohol. Mostly all decent beers will contain over 5% alcohol. Don't drink more than two or you'll be sick. Not joking.

The art of beer drinking is knowing the context. You go out to the pub (like our wednesday debaucheries at Nelligan's), you drink in pints or pitchers, but stronger beer. I usually go down after 5-6 pints. If you're in a party (like this year's National Holiday), you bring cheap beer in bottles or cans. This year, the party was at my place, one of my friends showed up with FOUR 24-packs (350ml) of Molson piss. The good thing about that stuff is it keeps you dizzy, but you can keep drinking it for days. The day after the party, just returning everyone's empty bottles to the corner shop, we were able to buy another 24 and a provision of freezypops. That's roughly 300 bottles.

Oh, and playing LFS drunk's fun, but only in the slower cars where you actually have time to react

if you want a drinking showdown, you'll have a tyough opponent in me! Haha!
*hic*

I'm. Ummm.

*Hic*

Drinksh?

*Hic*

No Occifer. This ish a comp . . . computerer . . . computinglyer . . . C.O.M.P.U.T.E.R. Simuslashion. Simulashion. Sumulcron. Shimmy, shim shimaroo. Sim-U-ation. It's show real it's even got real coppers.

*hic*

Hmm. What? Blow in thish. Ish that really neshashary? Talk about total imershion-ion.

*Hic*

You want me to put the wheel down and shtep away from the deshk? One too many you say? Nonshense. I can handle mush more. No I'm only on the floor becush it seemed to want to be my friend. not many people want to be my friend.

*Hic* . . . . . *Sob* . . . . *Sob. Hic*

Nobody want to be my friend . . . .Waaaaaa.

-I really need to get out more.

drunk driving
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG