The online racing simulator
All Cars Rev Too High
(113 posts, started )

Poll : Cars Rev tOo High?

Yes
They are Ok
No
All Cars Rev Too High
ever single one of the cars rev to like 9/10 thousand rpm, which is far to high.
How many road going normal turbocharged cars get to 9000rpm >Xrt<
and I dont know of any road car that can rev to 10/500 rpm >LX<
even the xfgti revs too high, every ar does!!
so do u guys agree too?
I agree with you, XFG is the worst, theres no way a hot hatch would rev 10 000 rpm illepall
The shift light also lights up @8000 rpm, i think thats also too late..

edit: english......
no the revmeter just has a realistic red zone ... take the xrt red starts at 7k power peaks at about 6k which is realistic ... i highly doubt that any modern engine will take damage if you rev it ever so slightly above the power peak as the rev meters make you believe

eg a freind of minde drives a w201 16v ... peaks at about 5.8 rev meter goes red at 7 and the engine i designed to rev up to 7.5

and yes the lxes do peak at revs that seem very high but if you look at the size of those engines theyd have to go that high to develop enough power and as theyre kit cars which arent built for everyday usage its very well possible to build such an engine

i do however agree that those engines take too little damage if you rev them well into the red and as far as the lxes go they also run too good at low revs
Where's the "S14 DORIFTO is too poll-happy" option?
dunno if I had that and it was spam filtered out
#6 - wark
Could you elaborate the difference between "no" and "they are okay?" :magnify:
#7 - dev
Quote from wark :Could you elaborate the difference between "no" and "they are okay?" :magnify:

No = they should rev to 20 or 30k rpm :P
Ever driven a car that doesn't have a rev limiter? This is realistic IMO, now if Rev limiters were implented =P Damage done by overrevving is off though, not enough happens.
#9 - herki
Quote from Viper93 :Ever driven a car that doesn't have a rev limiter?

Yep. Old Seat Marbella. But it doesn't rev high, because it has only ~33hp. This particular one surely had even less
LOL Man the least they could do is give you an update on the hampsters that are located in the engine
They seem fine to me for lightly fettled production engines.
All we need is a proper rev limiter. The redlines in the cars are fine.
Sorry to bump a few weeks old topic but I'd also like to hear the car and see the needle boucing off
i don't think race-prepped cars have revlimiters. but that is my guess, not my knowledge.

frokki, the honda type-r engine revs happily to 9K and some of them with the revlimiter removed can hit 10K for short.

then there are engines like the 15Krpm yamaha r6... hihihi 110hp from 600c
Truth is, the redlines for most of the road cars are absolutely fine. It's just the lack of rev limiters that really messes things around and allow for all kinds of weird gearbox settings. The RB4 redlines at 7500, the FXO is 8000+ I believe, and the XR GTT is not too different from the RB4.

The truth is, there is no excessive rpm problem with most of the cars. It's just the lack of rev limiters to stop engines form going too far over the redline. For instance, a 7800rpm rev limiter for the RB4 would be ideal, giving just enough of an overrvving buffer without going too much beyond the peak power range(if they fix the powerband )/
Quote from george_tsiros :i don't think race-prepped cars have revlimiters. but that is my guess, not my knowledge.

frokki, the honda type-r engine revs happily to 9K and some of them with the revlimiter removed can hit 10K for short.

then there are engines like the 15Krpm yamaha r6... hihihi 110hp from 600c

In real race cars, I am not sure about the rev-limiter, we should ask tristan and his reynard about this. I suppose an open-wheeler with wings should race car enough.
If you meant road cars, which are able to race, I can say they have rev-limiters. They are just a few krpms higher than the stock ones. Just watch an epsiode of Best Motoring, Japanese people tend to shift, when the limiter kicks in
My Reynard doesn't have a rev limiter as far as I know. But that might be because I've changed gear in time and not touched it. But even at high revs/full throttle in low gears I'd be surprised if I hadn't hit it once or twice if it did exist.

Something to add to the website, and something to test at Brands I think.
Looks fine to me.

I drive two Opels, 1971 and 1979 build, what the f**k is a rev-limiter?

IMHO it´s no prob to reach 7krpm in reverse with the straight-six engines, but it´s very hard to keep the car in a straight line.
F-1 cars definitely have rev limiters, in the form of adjustable max revs. And GT cars definitely do, simply because it's so easy to overrev them with their ultralight(if any) flywheels. Porsche GT3s have rev limiters too. heck, even my friends Corrolla Sportivo has a rev limiter (8200rpm).
Quote from frokki :I agree with you, XFG is the worst, theres no way a hot hatch would rev 10 000 rpm illepall
The shift light also lights up @8000 rpm, i think thats also too late..

edit: english......

The rev limiter on my Matrix XRS is 8200rpm and because of lift the power is there right to redline. I know people have pushed the limiter up to 9000rpm.
The new Civic SI is limited to 9k if I remember right.

The Revs themselves are fine IMO, but the damage model is off and the devs have specifically said that this is a known issue and are working on it, at least from what I remember.

With a production car bouncing on the rev limiter shouldn't hurt it too bad, I cannot cound the amount of times I have touched my rev limiter on my SRT-4 trying to shift.(redline is 6240, with max power at 5300 you have to run to rev limiter to stay in the powerband and get the turbo spooled fast after the shift)

I know on my motorcycle there isn't a revlimiter but at 12k RPMs I start floating the valves creating a self imposed rev limiter =P Maybe it's not a good idea to make the engine do that? =P J/K severe damage could happen but never did, but then it's also a 600CC engine with only 70HP or so and not a race engine.
mazda rx8 revs to 17000 rpm, its only 1.3 engine, but its tuned alot to use all the power
Which RX-8 have you driven?? It's redlined at 10,000rpm I think. You also don't tune an engine to use the power, but tune an engine to generate power. In road form the RX-8 is quite understressed, which is why it's gutless around town (no torque).
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :mazda rx8 revs to 17000 rpm, its only 1.3 engine, but its tuned alot to use all the power

Well, mostly because it's "slightly" different than the engines in LFS
#25 - Jakg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :mazda rx8 revs to 17000 rpm, its only 1.3 engine, but its tuned alot to use all the power

i know its rev-happy, but even i dont believe that the redline is anywhere NEAR 17k RPM!

All Cars Rev Too High
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG