The online racing simulator
I had a similar thing once. Left hand wheel going through a deep puddle and pulling the car left. There was a lorry coming the other way and I almost over corrected.

I've justed signed up for the GP too now. Looking forward to racing all you blokes again.
Just completed a 45 lap test with no flips and only a couple of minor scrapes with the wall, averaging 1.13.40. If i can pull a performance like that out of the bag i'm confident of a podium. a LOT of fast guys are sticking to XFR it seems and i don't think they can keep up with the UFR without constantly pushing the limits and the kerbs. but If they can keep their tyres in good shape it's possible to complete the race without stopping, it seems the UFR is just on the threshhold of it being possible on R3s but you have to go very smoothly.

this is gonna be interesting

shame we don't have any puddles to play with in LFS, maybee later
Quote from Theafro :Just completed a 45 lap test with no flips and only a couple of minor scrapes with the wall, averaging 1.13.40. If i can pull a performance like that out of the bag i'm confident of a podium. a LOT of fast guys are sticking to XFR it seems and i don't think they can keep up with the UFR without constantly pushing the limits and the kerbs. but If they can keep their tyres in good shape it's possible to complete the race without stopping, it seems the UFR is just on the threshhold of it being possible on R3s but you have to go very smoothly.

Our preparation couldn't be more different. I haven't done a lap of this circuit in this car yet.
i'd advise maybee having a tiny bit of practice at least. it's the toughest GP track yet, even Kyoto national was easier
Quote from Theafro :i'd advise maybee having a tiny bit of practice at least. it's the toughest GP track yet, even Kyoto national was easier

I'll do a few laps before I race. As soon as I get to within about .5s of where I should be I'll consider myself ready! The rest I'll learn in the race.
Just finished my new skin, watcha reckon?
Attached images
JPSmini.jpg
cool skin afro can't wait to wreck and rape you
erm. the wrecking part is worrying enough.......
well having some computer problems as of late. So
hopefully i can have them all fixed up by sunday
not sure as its multiple problems i dont really
understand how to fix
deffinatly get some practice in (i havnt yet but.. meh..) and dont forget afro its mandatory for 1 pit stop. for fairness

Only thing is it normally doesnt need mentioning due to fuel anyway.
I was considering entering this one in the pikey car for a laugh, but now i have to go out all day Sunday, some stupid family thing i really don't want to go to
Quote from Theafro :Just completed a 45 lap test with no flips and only a couple of minor scrapes with the wall, averaging 1.13.40. If i can pull a performance like that out of the bag i'm confident of a podium. a LOT of fast guys are sticking to XFR it seems and i don't think they can keep up with the UFR without constantly pushing the limits and the kerbs. but If they can keep their tyres in good shape it's possible to complete the race without stopping, it seems the UFR is just on the threshhold of it being possible on R3s but you have to go very smoothly.

do not underestimate the xfr imo it is harder to put into a spin and because of the longer wheelbase it is more stable under braking. i don't know when i will be able to practice (getting my room decorated) but i do know that a solid setup will be in the bag
I'm going with the XFR simply because I've never developed a setup of any quality for the UFR.

I'll be testing tonight and this weekend. Only managed a 1:15 so far but I've got masses of time to be saved through the last chicane. Reckon I'll be doing low 1:14s on the day.
I'll take the XFR.. it's heavier so better for wrecking as that's the only thing I can do with it
now now tukko, you know as much as the rest of us, your kind of wrecking is not intentional

i like the set of corners after the bridge, they start with a wide entry and then it tightens up as you move through them. the "wall" corner is a real test of balls (hehehe, balls to the wall). it will be a tought gp because nearly every corner wants your car in its side (Z)
#66 - Vain
Someone should replace the ads on the wall with giant "Touch me" or "I'll get you!" banners.

Vain
Quote from dadge :now now tukko, you know as much as the rest of us, your kind of wrecking is not intentional

i like the set of corners after the bridge, they start with a wide entry and then it tightens up as you move through them. the "wall" corner is a real test of balls (hehehe, balls to the wall). it will be a tought gp because nearly every corner wants your car in its side (Z)

Lots of potential for flipping through that section after the bridge. Both apex points for the right handers!

It's so rewarding when you get it right though. Coming round the corner with the wall and understeering towards it just to hear a very slight scrape as you touch it with the door mirror or something. It's the nuts.
I'm planning for accidents, i've not had too many lately but i reckon i'll put it in the wall a few times, my tecnique relies on heavy throttle through the apex around the wall corner without it i just plough straight on, it's a nerve-wracking corner, but at least i know it'll get everybody else at some point too.
#69 - MR_B
Quote from dadge :(hehehe, balls to the wall)

Is that a Balls Mahoney quote there?
Just Sighned Up,

Should not be Caught up by anything for this One i damn Well hope not,

Going to Get some Practice in see how Slow i am,

right should hopefully be a full server on sunday then

Be prepaired to recieve details via a forum PRIVATE MESSAGE as when i was forced rto reformat last week i lost all the e-mails so. expect details either saturday night or sunday afternoon.
i found "slow" is the new "fast" in this track... those tight corners (aka rolling traps) are better made with really low throttle, just using the speed from the bridge with a good trajectory.

1.12.xx this way.. the safe way lol

i just hope i dont crash and take TheAfro with me like the last race lol
Quote from spyshagg :i found "slow" is the new "fast" in this track... those tight corners (aka rolling traps) are better made with really low throttle, just using the speed from the bridge with a good trajectory.

1.12.xx this way.. the safe way lol

i just hope i dont crash and take TheAfro with me like the last race lol

I know what you mean. With the track layout the way it is I find myself driving like I'm on a country lane. I have to force myself to remember that there are technical lines that I should be trying to take.
Looks like there'll be a nice R4R presence at this one. All three of us entered. I just picked up me new team skin - very nice!
Would like to see more Team XFR guys there, they are always fun to race, looks like a good grid if we all make it.

And franky, IF i make it to lap 40 and im laying at the side of the road.. U and Z know what to do.. LOL!
This thread is closed

13th August ATC 60 Lap GP
(107 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG