The online racing simulator
sd
Nürburgring -- ?!?!?! God i've love this in LFS..
Quote from deggis :In both cases a deal with Intel is the commonality.

Mac's have Intels, as do PCs. Did Macs get ripped off because they just got the intel chip? Like I said before, I do not see your point here.

Quote :When I was complaining? I've said at least once that I'm just interested why this went like this which Victor practically already answered.

Ok, fair enough. It just comes accross as a complaint to me
People - Breathe !
What is this rfactor. A handlotion ?. The name could point towards a sun blocker too, I guess !

Why do everybody speaks of this r factor, is it something I should know about ?. What have i missed?
Quote from Borat :Nürburgring -- ?!?!?! God i've love this in LFS..

I believe its the grand prix track they are putting in. i could be wrong though.
Quote from sil3ntwar :I believe its the grand prix track they are putting in. i could be wrong though.

Nope, you're right... If you're referring to rFactor.
I'm sorry, but who really cares? Also, I noticed that I rarely see anyone, save the oval set, use the BF-1... hardly ever. so I mean what's the big deal about having real cars and tracks anyways? I think I may have used that car a grand total of about an hour.

If you wanna wonder about what's up with rFactor or whatever, then wonder why people are modding LFS tracks & cars for it.

What I wonder about having real cars & tracks is the B.S. that's involved with trying to precisely replicate an real track really worth it?
You know if there were real tracks in LFS, people would go off about
how this section ain't right or that chicane isn't like that... (LOL like they'd really know) and quite a bit of moaning... lol probably ppl posting threads that
complain that they lost a race cause the track isn't accurate...

I don't know anything about any deal the devs made with intel/BMW, but if I was them, I'd a tried to get some free cars out of the deal .... ermmm REAL ones
Quote from DEVIL 007 :...he didnt have to if he can work like Scawen

erm you have never modelled anything have you?
specially not with a rather "rough" modeller like the lfs modeller, which shouldnt have all the handy features a 3dsmax offers.
Nope rfactor does not have the bmw yet and none of the tracks are officialy licensed. If they were they would have the real names. So I think we have the better deal(slightly)
I'm not sure changing the name will be enough to prevent them being sued, if it was that easy then every car/track would be in every car game.

Jacksonville Speedway is quite clearly daytona.

I think its more to do with the likeness with its real life counterpart than just the name, I hope the rfactor boys dont get into trouble.
Seems like BMW F1's are in 3 games now, LFS, rFactor and also Toca Race Driver 3 (in RD3's case, the the BMW Williams Team F1 cars).
#35 - J.B.
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll just post it here as it is semi-on-topic.

I was at Hockenheim on friday and was very surprised to see the huge Intel/LFS Racing Tour tent (or whatever you call those big, temporary, glass buildings) in the merchandise area behind the grandstands. While I didn't have the time to drive myself I was really impressed to see the small, independant project LFS presented in such a high profile manner at the most important motorsports event in Germany. I'm afraid I didn't have a camera to take pics or anything so I'm really only posting this to say congatulations to all involved. (minor complaint: AC wouldn't have been a bad idea )

BTW I didn't see rFactor, were they there?
I could not give rats ass what cars/tracks rTracktor gets because it's shite. Even if they would get all the cars and tracks in the world, their crap engine make them worthless because it feels so horrible to drive anything in it.

Bring it on rTracktor fanboys, bring it on.
Quote from Matrixi :I could not give rats ass what cars/tracks rTracktor gets because it's shite. Even if they would get all the cars and tracks in the world, their crap engine make them worthless because it feels so horrible to drive anything in it.

after playing gtr2 with axus' tyre curves i gotta admit the engine isnt all that bad ... as todd put it its a matter of garbage in garbage out
(the ffb is still crap though albeit it does improve a lot with proper tyres)

so the question here is how did scawen improve the tyre curves that much in s/t/u is it by doing his own reserch or did he actually get proper data from sauber ... cause if he did the rf sauber might actually turn out to be a fun ride
Quote from -wes- :Nope rfactor does not have the bmw yet and none of the tracks are officialy licensed. If they were they would have the real names. So I think we have the better deal(slightly)
I'm not sure changing the name will be enough to prevent them being sued, if it was that easy then every car/track would be in every car game.

Jacksonville Speedway is quite clearly daytona.

I think its more to do with the likeness with its real life counterpart than just the name, I hope the rfactor boys dont get into trouble.

Look at the track profiles. Maybe I'm just blind but they look pretty similar...

PS. Great job, now this thread turned into yet another physics discussion or how crap rFactor is. Even I don't like it but some people obviously still didn't get the point of this thread...
There is no point in this thread.
Quote from Matrixi :There is no point in this thread.

There is no spoon in your opinion.
rFactor is all about Quantity.
Quote from deggis :PS. Great job, now this thread turned into yet another physics discussion or how crap rFactor is. Even I don't like it but some people obviously still didn't get the point of this thread...

Well booo-hooo, that's what you were asking for and Vic allready answered your guestions so what else we could do?
Quote from Blackout :so what else we could do?

not post in his thread?
Quote from Blackout :...so what else we could do?

Make a rFactor bashing topic in the off-topic section if one doesn't exist already.
That question wasn't meant to be answered. This thread is totally useless. rF will have something, which in my opinnion looks like a bit dodgy, so how we should care about it and make a thread from it?
sounds like this topic is over and done then. Closing thread.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG