The online racing simulator
Editing Mods
(6 posts, started )
Editing Mods
Hello fellow racers Big grin
today I am suggesting something that I would love to have, as you all know you are not allowed to edit published vehicle mods without permission. However, I also know that some of us may want to change particular details of some mods, so my suggestion is to be able to fully edit and customise mods any way we want however they are only available in single player. Now this is a very complicated topic and I know it is unlikely for this to happen and files may be sent to other players and stuff, but essentially the only thing that is stopping full mods customisation is that when you try to edit and mod and save it, you need some dds files (i don't know much about files system or the editor) which you are unable to get other than from the publisher themselves. So that is my suggestion. I know it is very complicated and prob will not happen, but I hope something similar will be available in the future.
thank you Smile
How about, asking the mod creator directly to implement those tweaks?
-
(Evolution_R) DELETED by Evolution_R : not needed
No.
Not a good idea:
  • it would be not fair to mod authors
  • it would kill licensed mods completely
  • there is a large number of mods with derivatives allowed to play with
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/104114-Looking-someone-to-continue-this-project--%28-Here%27s-a-shell-%29

Well, if you really want to find at least something to edit, you can edit and continue this project in case interested, as long as I am credited.

If people are getting interested, I may add more shells into this thing.

( Yes, it requires to actually editing shapes, but everyone starts somewhere. )

Unsure if anyone has actually done anything or published anything, but here is one thing you can do. Object is fictional one and made by me without copying absolutely anything.

Editing Mods
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG