The online racing simulator
S2 License
(6 posts, started )
S2 License
Well, I was just logged on to LFSworld.net, and I was just wondering... Is S2 really worth it right now? One thing that really stuck out at me was how many people were online. Theres less then 50 people on right now. Theres like 6 servers on S2 being used.
Put simply, YES!!!!!!!
S2 is worth it because it will last a year or more until S3 comes out (only estimate of time before it comes out). The only reason there is not many servers in use right now is because it is the lowest peak hours for LFS drivers racing online. The game is much more popular in Europe and Australia, and North America is stuck right in between their "sleep" or "busy" times when they aren't playing. This is usually the time the play volume is very low.

In about a few hours or so, the amount of people playing online will rocket up and there is plenty of people to play with. So if you are in North America, to get the most choices for playing online, you'd have to play during late afternoon / early evening, or very late evening / early morning.

It's not that bad, and I wouldn't let that be the reason why not to buy S2. On weekends you get even more people playing.

This here is the current activity chart of LFSW (usually shown randomly at the top of this forum)

You can see how high it peaks.
Ahh, I see. Thats what I kinda figured. I live in Canada so i'll be fine. I guess i'll try to get around buying it tomorrow :P. Right now its 3:44 AM here. So... I guess that is why.illepall
3:44am for you is 10:44am in the UK at the moment. As LFS is mostly European, you'll find that after about 5pm here (which I suppose is just before midday for you) it'll start to pick up.

If you can, check LFSW about then and see if 300-700 people is enough for you. It's not as 'popular' as something like Counterstrike, but that also works in its favour.
Sometimes there are minor problems with finding the server that you like with people on it but that just forces you to try something new.

But I rarely see the XRT+BL1 combo so I still play on the demo servers.

S2 License
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG