The online racing simulator
progress check
(39 posts, started )
progress check
after 76 laps of aston club, in the FOX, ive managed to get a 1.03.90
the wr i think is 1.00.52
is this progress good or should i be better than that?
How should we be able to say that? We dont know, if you want to drive WR-like times or times, that will get you under the top 5 in a public race etc..

I have 1.01.721 after 483 laps.
Quote :How should we be able to say that? We dont know, if you want to drive WR-like times or times, that will get you under the top 5 in a public race etc..

what i meant was, if anybody can remember if they where around that time after roughly the same amount of practice. my apologiese. i should have been more clear in what i meant.
#4 - filur
154 laps, 1:01.56
#5 - letek
Show offs.

IIRC, I had sth like 1.02.2 or 1.02.3 after that amount of laps.

The last tenths come very slowly.
my best 1:03.78, i reckon that was ages ago as ive done over 1000 laps
Quote from Xaid0n :my best 1:03.78, i reckon that was ages ago as ive done over 1000 laps

It says, you did 37.
Quote :It says, you did 37.

ya but it only counts online laps. he could of done alot more laps offline.

i know mines right, becuase i have never drivin that combo offline however.
I can imagine it to be pretty boring to drive 963 laps offline.
1:03.64 after 81 laps

I still love driving the FOX
Quote :I can imagine it to be pretty boring to drive 963 laps offline.

yup. although no different to practising in an empty server imho.
1:00.39. But after many, many laps, and in a long race (tyres are faster after a lot of laps).

Although I woudn't need that much laps anymore. I think most fast drivers need (on short circuits like Aston Club) about 50 to 80 laps to get WR times.

Btw, that is not with the set on Inferno. That one should be able to do .6/.7 with in a longer race. .8/.9 in a short race.
My best is 78 laps 1:03.49.
The last 2 corners are realy frustrated when you are at a good quick lap. When you has make a mistake at the hearpin than is the last courner quite difficulty to get good time.
#15 - Jakg
or he could of deleted his pb (like i do every incompatible patch) because it deletes Laps done as well, and OT, ive done 1 lap, a 22:43!
Quote from Captain Slow :what i meant was, if anybody can remember if they where around that time after roughly the same amount of practice. my apologiese. i should have been more clear in what i meant.

i have done a 1.02.10 after 35 laps at aston club only 35 laps i have ever raced there!
After 213 laps of AS Club in the FOX, I got a 1:01.84. I love the FOX, my favourite car for close racing.
1:03:17 in 28 laps :/
lol Madman_CZ -> Blackwood Rallycross: BF1 in 59.08s
Not exactly sure on laps (cant be bothered to check) i've done about 300, and my pb is 1m02s04. I dont think laps really has any relevence though, a lot of my laps at that track where when I was new and turning in to early, braking too softly, and getting on the power too late (and doing 1m03's incidentally).

Now i've learned the game more at other tracks and i've started doing this combo again, and I instantly knocked a second off my old pb in the first few laps. A quick setup tweek tonight and i'm now regularly getting low 1m02 times in a car i'm comfortable with driving and barely ever making a significant error, this makes me reasonably competetive and puts me on the rostrum quite a lot, not least because whatever my lap times i'm something of a dogfighter. My key failing atm is confidence in T1 as I keep loosing 4 or more places.

If you want to check progress log onto a full grid, do half a dozen races, and see where you end up.

Don't worry about how many laps you've done at that track, but how many laps you've done in a Fox and in LFS in general.

I've been playing 4 months and am quite a frequent player, so I guess my progress (nipping on the heals of the ninja's) is ok. Put me in a car other than the Fox and i'm nowhere though, so my progress is poor.
I wanna brag too!

86 laps - 1:01.93
Everybody learns at different paces. I actually can find learning tracks in LFS to take quite a bit longer than for example it took me to learn a kart track in real life. When I traveled to `away` races I only had the 3 lap practice in the morning to learn the track. Yet I'd find myself quite close to the pace, and gradually by the end of the day was nipping on the heals of the regulars.

I'm down to a 1:00.8 at AS Club *I think*. I find lap count to be irrevelant, if you really get your head down you'll learn the track quicker than when just racing casually.

Keiran
Into the low 1.03s now with 366 laps, never really got the hang of that combo though.
1:03.40 with 32 laps

Only raced it when I first got the licence. Never got the hang of the last corner. I was so much slower than everyone else going through there that I was hit in the rear a few times. That and a guy calling me a n00b emotionally devestated me and I woved never to return to this combo. And I haven´t. Oh this thread brings back so many bad memories...:weeping:
lol, it's a hard corner to master because the fast line will often loose you a position because of the incredibly late entry, it's what I call a "thinking corner" where the line through is not natural because of the second bend, you're wide-wide-tight, as opposed to the traditional wide-tight-wide. A bit like Russel Bend at Snetterton, for me it's corners like this that seperate the wonnabe's from the more technical drivers, no offense intended, because the right line changes depending on how close other cars are too you and whether they're close infront or behind, and because the quick line is totally unnatural.

progress check
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG