The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Moving subobjects
(46 posts, started )
Does moving subobjects take in effect on downforce and air resistance?
Quote from Scawen :Let's make that this afternoon. I still need to:

- make spinners carry on and stop in the default position
- update vehicle editor to allow testing by switches
- merge code into old LFS
- more testing

Love what you're doing, amazing seeing you show off those coding chops in real time. This has been maybe the most exciting week in gaming for me in 10 years.
Quote from rane_nbg :How do you know this?

Because aerodynamic parameter is't connected to subobjects or their state. U can add specific downforce points in modeler but can't connect them to subobjects.
For now they are purely graphical, but it does seem to suggest interesting possibilities for the future.

I'll be a few more hours, the changes are merged into the public version and it's fairly well tested, but I need to update the test facility in the vehicle editor or it will be too frustrating to use.
Not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but the moving objects also do not change the shadow of the vehicle. No big issue obviously, but I understand if this is currently not possible/difficult in the current graphics system.
Another reason for me to finish the new graphics version as soon as possible, because that uses proper shadow maps, including driver, helmet, subobjects, vehicle self-shadowing.
Tnx for the updates of the current state of 0.7E Scawen.
Hey Scawen, thanks for the great update. I already animated my front fog lights on my BUMER 7. One thing that I can't understand - the indicators switches ( turn signals ), They are on separate modes in the "connected to" tab. How can we use this on cars, where the indicator switch is one physical thing (or 3d model), for both indicators, you push it UP for right, and DOWN for left.

edit: Little addition.. Can we have option for the lights switch - OFF (of course) - Sidelights and low beams, on one connection. I don't really know how to explain it but hopefully you understand. Maybe 2 more options after we select "Connected to: Lights" - Steps: 3 for example, which will be 3 steps - OFF, Sidelights, Lowbeams, and then degrees for every individual step, for example - 15.
Would it be possible to add pit speed limiter to the available switches to connect the subobject to? It could act as a spare switch for cars that don't actually have a pit speed limiter.
Quote from Flame CZE :Would it be possible to add pit speed limiter to the available switches to connect the subobject to? It could act as a spare switch for cars that don't actually have a pit speed limiter.

Traction Control too. Big grin
Alright, I know this is getting out of hand, and I should really put this on Improvement Suggestions really.

But could driver/passenger modeler be included for movable objects? I think this is rather in distant future... but all of sudden I was thinking something about movable ballast for sidecar racing. Even another player moving passenger in sidecar action.
Can the spinning subobject be modified to when the user stops the function, the spinning continues to the original place. Or maybe an editor option (continue spinning to origin yes or no)
It has to go to the original place when stopped, because the rotation is not currently sent over multiplayer system, so to remain in sync it much go back to the unrotated position. In the current version it slows down to a stop then pops back instantly to the original position but I want to do that more neatly (slow down as appropriate to end at the correct place)
understandable, thank you for the updates.
Before the 0.7E release (saying that because I saw post on the Discord that you are planning release of a official version this weekend) - can we have Hazards and Left & Right indicators on the same place to be able to be animated. Also animation for the Sidelights, since there is a switch for them on the mod I am making right now. Thanks
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Can the spinning subobject be modified to when the user stops the function, the spinning continues to the original place. Or maybe an editor option (continue spinning to origin yes or no)

This is now done in D63. Please test if you can.

Quote from superlame :Before the 0.7E release (saying that because I saw post on the Discord that you are planning release of a official version this weekend) - can we have Hazards and Left & Right indicators on the same place to be able to be animated. Also animation for the Sidelights, since there is a switch for them on the mod I am making right now. Thanks

In D63:

New switch options for rotator and slider: signal / light switch
New flip function "with driver" (move across with driver / no flip)

There is no separate switch for sidelights, but the light switch option goes:

0 - off
1 - sidelights (1 x rotation)
2 - headlights (2 x rotation)

The signal switch goes:

left: -1 x rotation
off: 0
right: 1 x rotation

It's last day coding which is not recommended, but will be OK if you can test it.
Quote from Scawen :It's last day coding which is not recommended, but will be OK if you can test it.

Thanks. Light switch works perfect. Now I am trying to adjust the blinkers.
I know it sounds a lot chaotic, but I had to ask, currently, we can't link the rotator to the collision mesh? Right?
Attached images
TowTruck.jpg

Spinoff : Moving subobjects
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG