The online racing simulator
Seems they are unsure. Can? anyone? help? this? PR? effort?
"Intel, the Official Corporate Partner of BMW Sauber F1 Team, worked with ISI to turn its stunningly realistic rFactor racing simulation into a game, and will demonstrate the game on systems sporting the recently announced Intel? Core? 2 Duo processor at BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park events throughout the F1 racing season. ISI?s "

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=news_06-05bmwsauber

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29188
#2 - richo
If those pics of the BF1 are ingame its a sweet looking game,
#4 - DeKo
wait, rfactor is getting nurburgring and barcelona?
actually seems upto now, they aint getting anything, they just do pr efforts with them and tease their clients like lab rats without any real info but plenty of bragging via medocre? pr? efforts?.

if users eventually get anything im sure they will buy it instantly with a smile on the face and it will all be coherent with that hemi. its pure class.

even though this is just an internal tool for promo at some f1 gps pitlanes, they show it as if users were to get any of that. But would sony exclusive rights be sleeping by then?
i dunno and tbh, with this level of work quality , i couldnt care less if its out or not and i hope not even sony bothers to sue.
We know you think rFactor is the devil. Thanks for pointing it out.

Again.
#7 - joen
Quote from richo :If those pics of the BF1 are ingame its a sweet looking game,

I'm really not out for an LFS vs rFactor discussion, but my honest opinion is that I think the wheels on the Sauber look horrible. At least LFS has real 3D wheels, those are just flat textures it seems. The track textures don't look too great either (especially here: http://www.rfactor.net/images/ ... -06-07-08-04@%5EKaran.jpg)
#8 - axus
Haha, I'm not out for an rFactor bash either but that's really funny!
Quote from axus :Haha, I'm not out for an rFactor bash either but that's really funny!

no one is. they bring it on themselves.
This Pic is my favorite:

How do they call him?

Sergeant rFactor?

:uglyhamme
Quote from Ryanry64 :We know you think rFactor is the devil. Thanks for pointing it out.

Again.

retune ya perception choirboy, i have the devil in great account.
Quote from Kid : Intel, the Official Corporate Partner of BMW Sauber F1 Team, worked with ISI to turn its stunningly realistic rFactor racing simulation into a game,

Is it just be or is that whole statement a LOL, especially the "Stunningly Realistic" And even worse, its made MORE arcady. That must have been hard, for ISI to make rFactor more Arcade-esque.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That must have been hard, for ISI to make rFactor more Arcade-esque.

Making arcade games comes naturally to ISI, wont have been too difficult for them...
For more info, see all F1 and Nascar games ever released by EA up until a few years ago.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :actually seems upto now, they aint getting anything, they just do pr efforts with them and tease their clients like lab rats without any real info but plenty of bragging via medocre? pr? efforts?.

I'm sorry, but WTH is your point? AFAIK ISI never said whether or not the end user will recieve these updates. The fact they show it on their site is because they want to display accomplishments. What is wrong with that?

Quote :if users eventually get anything im sure they will buy it instantly with a smile on the face and it will all be coherent with that hemi.

Hemi? What are you talking about?

Quote :its pure class.

Sorry to sound like a dick, but you are not one to be talking about classiness quite frankly.

Quote :But would sony exclusive rights be sleeping by then?

Sony has exclusive rights to F1. Not exclusive rights to the cars or tracks. I fail to see where you are going with this.

Quote :...and i hope not even sony bothers to sue.

Sony has no grounds to sue, so if they tried to they would only be wasting money on lawyers to loose a case. Why do you have such a vendetta against ISI/rF? Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean that it is crap and no one should like it. Grow up.

Quote from joen :I'm really not out for an LFS vs rFactor discussion, but my honest opinion is that I think the wheels on the Sauber look horrible.

I agree completely, I was really disappointed with these screenshots. ISI is capable of much much better than these pics show, I don't know why they don't prove it. Also, the version at the tracks for the pitlane thing is severely dumbed down from the real rF sim. All kinds of aids and things are turned on and it is really easy to drive, unlike the rF user can buy. I don't know why they chose rF if they wanted to change the game...
Quote from MAGGOT :Sorry to sound like a dick

bah too easy. next please.
For a game model it looks pretty good rendered, probably better than the LFS model but I don't like the rendering technique as much as the one in the LFS April teasing season Kudos to whoever did that + the vid it looked stunning

The tracks look pretty bad IMO although I wouldn't get overly bothered with the sky, the default LFS skies looked crap compared to the better GPL/N2003/Kid + Don offerings.

I think GPL/N2003 and LFS all have pretty stunning graphics compared to ISI/nK, they just look so right. Even GPL with 2D objects can look incredible at the right addon tracks because everything seems to fit together so well. Likewise for N2003/GTP but LFS has got to be the best for that 'right' felling it just fits together so well, especially with the reflection mod.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :bah too easy. next please.

Ok, I'm not sorry.illepall
Quote from KiDCoDEa :bah too easy. next please.

Too easy..
Quote from sgt.flippy :Age: 31?

Too easy..

hehe

KiDCoDEa - You talk of Sony suing and whatnot... Why suggest they sue ISI and not Scavier? We have the Sauber as well, in case you haven't noticed yet.
Quote from MAGGOT :
KiDCoDEa - You talk of Sony suing and whatnot... Why suggest they sue ISI and not Scavier? We have the Sauber as well, in case you haven't noticed yet.

Don't spoil his fun he's only 31
I'll close this thread now because it won't go anywhere nice.

In the first post Kid was really just laughing at those question marks in the rFactor press release, and they are kind of funny. But now the thread has turned into strong defending of points of view and we have started to receive report emails already, and that's why I'll close the thread.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG