THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS OR THE NEW GRAPHICS SYSTEM

PLEASE TEST BEFORE YOU POST

Hello Racers,

Here is a new test patch: 0.7D3

The changes are listed below.

0.7D3 is compatible with 0.7D

- You CAN connect online with 0.7D
- You CAN play replays from 0.7D

Please back up or rename your LFS.exe from version D so you can revert to it if necessary.

Changes from 0.7D2 to 0.7D3:

Arrows on non-race small map take colour of first name character
Speed at redline is displayed beside gear ratios in setup screen

Changes from 0.7D to 0.7D2:

Audio:

Tone variation limited to 0.99 to prevent an engine sound bug
Switched off experimental "Prevent clipping" option by default
Removed an old distortion effect from the default sound output

Misc:

Speed limiter set to 80 km/h can be manually enabled if no pit lane
Reduced glitch of multiplayer cars after TAB or fast forward replay
A small map is now displayed in layout square if there is a layout
FIX: Driver swap enabled very high speed limiter if no pit lane
FIX: Crash when two events on calendar used same event image

INSTALLATION:

A FULL version of LFS 0.7D must already be installed

To install the PATCH using the SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE:

1) Move or save the patch into your main LFS folder
2) Double click the patch to extract it to that folder
3) When you see "Confirm File Replace" select "Yes to All"
4) Now you can start LFS in the normal way

NOTE: You can see if the patch is correctly installed when you run
the program (LFS.exe). At the bottom of the entry screen: 0.7D3

DOWNLOAD:

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE 0.7D:
PATCH 0.7D TO 0.7D3 (SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE)
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.p ... e=LFS_PATCH_7D_TO_7D3.exe (1.1 MB)

Is it supposed to have no player marker?

EDIT: making a box made it a long rectangle and make the marker appear
It should show players who are within the box and actually quite far out of the box. I haven't seen the bug you describe.

But maybe it's not really a bug. The visible rectangle should represent the area covered by a layout. So if you have a distant layout and you are not within that layout area then you will not see arrows.

For example if you want the entire layout square to be represented, then you should put something like a cone in each corner.
I have a suggestion with the pit limiter thing. Would it be possible to set the limiter speed freely? with some cmd like /setspeed 80 or /setpit 80. Would be cool to vary layout pit speed Tongue cheers for the update
Quote from Facu23 :I have a suggestion with the pit limiter thing. Would it be possible to set the limiter speed freely? with some cmd like /setspeed 80 or /setpit 80. Would be cool to vary layout pit speed Tongue cheers for the update

Pit limiters are meant to keep a constant speed. If you're planning to use that command for cruise servers, you're gonna have to find another way to do it.

At first i thought 80 kmh as a pitlane limiter was way too much. But as it turns out, 60 kmh and 70 kmh seems to be quite normal in races.
https://www.fiawec.com/en/pits-general-conditions/116
80km/h is fairly standard, F1 uses it with some exceptions like Monaco, where it's lower (60 i think?) i suspect this was why Facu23 is asking, would be nice to have an option to adjust it depending on the layout, maybe even as an option in layout editor.

Indycar also does 60/50mph for ovals and street courses respectively iirc.
D3 is now available.

The SBTV car football event is coming up soon and I thought, with the new mini map at LA1, it would be nice if the car arrows had the team's colour. I'm not sure if it might help with situational awareness, but I'm sure it's better than all the arrows being the same colour.

So when lap timing is not available, I've coloured the arrows the same as the first character in the player's name. I think it works for football. It also affects cruise servers. The mini map is now quite colourful. I think this might be quite useful, but is it too colourful?

The other new feature is a long requested one: the redline speed for each gear is displayed in the setup screen.

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102089
Quote from Scawen :The SBTV car football event is coming up soon and I thought, with the new mini map at LA1, it would be nice if the car arrows had the team's colour. I'm not sure if it might help with situational awareness, but I'm sure it's better than all the arrows being the same colour.

Will be interesting to see how that goes Thumbs up

Quote from Scawen :So when lap timing is not available, I've coloured the arrows the same as the first character in the player's name. I think it works for football. It also affects cruise servers. The mini map is now quite colourful. I think this might be quite useful, but is it too colourful?

Not sure how good it would be for chases on cruise servers, as it will make it even easier for police to follow where a car is going on the map. Given the highly competitive nature, it would change the balance a bit.

Quote from Scawen :The other new feature is a long requested one: the redline speed for each gear is displayed in the setup screen.

Nice, especially now GRC/VHPA seems to have problems saving setups correctly these days.
Would it be simple to also mark where the shift point (ie when the shift light comes on) is for each gear? Maybe some kind of marker on the sliders?
Hey Scawen,

Maybe a good idea is to have the colorful arrow as an option inside Misc?
For the people that think it is too colorful for them, they can switch it back to the default (Pre 0.7D3)
Options - Misc - Enable colorful arrow map?

There is a weird bug when tabbing, doesnt happen on 0.7D, as I tried it on 0.7D first. Happens on 0.7D3 (Havent tested 0.7D2)
Do you have a replay that can demonstrate this, so I can reproduce the issue?
Thought of a potential use for the arrow colours even when lap timing is available - though it would have to be a server option:

From what I can tell, if people use the default name colour, it uses the default arrow colour?
If so, it might be useful in organised races with safety/course cars to be able to enable the arrow colours. Racers would start their name with the default colour & have the default arrow colours, and course cars would pick up the custom colours. This means racers can easily see where the course cars are.
Quote from Latvian Video :yep

Thanks. I confirm I can see the issue, but I can also see it in 0.7D so it looks like not new. Could be something to improve though, if I can.
Oh, didnt notice it in 0.7D
If it doesn't take long time, can new objects of the layout editor be added to this patch (if they are already completed)? Or do they need new graphics?
Quote from Degats :Thought of a potential use for the arrow colours even when lap timing is available

I would oppose this suggestion - When racing in high numbered field,it's a valuable information from map to see if a driver ahead is lap down or a driver behind is chasing me to lap. And if there are 2 drivers behind me (lapping car and direct opponent),it's a valuable information to know which is which as mirrors are not always showing everything.
I noticed that with tone variation being limited to 0.99 a lot of engine sounds that never had any real clipping are broken now. Default sounds aren't really clipping but they missing some bass sound to be enjoyable. But even with default sounds and with default cars sound is still clipping when you slide the car sideways so i don't know whats going on there. Also clipping a lot more in tunnels than before. Just overall a lot more micro audio clipping and stutters.

It also makes my Chimera X1 bike engine sound clip a lot more, since it's a deep sound, sort of fixes when you make it less loud but cmon, who wants to ride a silent bike? Wasn't even that loud in the first place.

Btw, Scawen, can we have crossplane sound for inline 4 engine configuration? Wouldn't need to hex the engine files to make modern bike sounds.
Thanks for the sound feedback. I don't think the issue you describe is with the 0.99 tone variation. For most people, you can have the sound just as it was before, by enabling "Prevent clipping" in Audio. Maybe this should really be the default but let's get a bit more feedback.

Please can you let me know if that makes it sound as it did before, for you?

The 0.99 tone variation limit was for an extremely serious bug that could come up when 1.0 was allowed. It wasn't some minor issue, it could cause sound to break down completely.

Actually when starting this exe (D2/D3) the sound would be different for everyone, without exception, but there are two cases for that:

1) If you had "Prevent clipping" ENABLED before (that was the default option) then now it will sound different, because that option is switched off. You can make it the same as before by switching on "Prevent clipping".

2) If you had "Prevent clipping" DISABLED before (by manually switching it off) then you will be used to the old distortion that is a bit strange, has now been disabled and isn't currently available.
I used to play with "Prevent clipping" setting DISABLED and the sound was smooth. With it ENABLED now on D3, sound appears more muted and distorted. Idk it feels like listening to a poor quality audio. And it's not just engine sounds, very noticeable when car is sliding too, enabled or disabled clipping.
Updated mod and i cant use it ingame on 0.7d version. Multiple people have this issue after mod update. Idk if this patch is for the fault or the game just doesnt want to recognize them.
Quote from NotNiceLV :Updated mod and i cant use it ingame on 0.7d version. Multiple people have this issue after mod update. Idk if this patch is for the fault or the game just doesnt want to recognize them.

Same, also LFS website doesnt react on download new patch.
Quote from Drifteris :I used to play with "Prevent clipping" setting DISABLED and the sound was smooth. With it ENABLED now on D3, sound appears more muted and distorted. Idk it feels like listening to a poor quality audio. And it's not just engine sounds, very noticeable when car is sliding too, enabled or disabled clipping.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into this.

Quote from NotNiceLV :Updated mod and i cant use it ingame on 0.7d version. Multiple people have this issue after mod update. Idk if this patch is for the fault or the game just doesnt want to recognize them.

What I need is a specific example, otherwise there is no way for me to reproduce the issue.

Please give me step by step instructions, how to see the issue.

Quote from lfsproracer :Same, also LFS website doesnt react on download new patch.

What does that mean? Please can you give a detailed description, what you do, what you expect to see and what actually happens?
once i up upload any changes for the mod the servers in lfs do not recognize the mod, it says your vehicle is not allowed on this host.
But now the car is drivable now.
Quote from Scawen :What does that mean? Please can you give a detailed description, what you do, what you expect to see and what actually happens?

I'm getting this strange issue in Chrome now - a tab briefly opens but nothing is downloaded.

EDIT by Scawen: removed the IMG as the flicker was a bit disturbing.

It works if I copy the link URL and paste it in a new tab manually.
It also works in Firefox.
Attached images
chrome_1673691537_OvuhfU5Y7o.gif
This thread is closed

Test Patch D2 (now D3) - Minor updates
(30 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG