The online racing simulator
Lack of smoothness
(11 posts, started )
Lack of smoothness
Hello.

I have problem in LFS where even though my fps is high enough (350-400) the view i get on my screen is sometimes not smooth. I realized it happens mostly on long straights.

I have 165 hz screen, and i have tried multiple options like locked fps, locking fps to 100 and setting screen to 100hz, changing graphics settings in lfs, changing multiplayer speed up, buffered frames and sleep every frame, but the problem remained. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it feels like fps is 20 or lower...feels like game is skipping frames.

Did anyone else notice this?
I've never had that.

But can you confirm that you are actually running on 165hz? Sometimes windows sets you back on 60hz for some reason.

I would also lock the fps in LFS to a minimum of 165, possibly 180.
I cant lock it to 165 fps.

What I did is lock fps to 100, and then set monitor to 100hz.

And i still got the problem. With old PC, this was not happening.
Quote from kristofferandersen :I've never had that.

But can you confirm that you are actually running on 165hz? Sometimes windows sets you back on 60hz for some reason.

I would also lock the fps in LFS to a minimum of 165, possibly 180.

I did check at monitor display and it was running 165 hz.

It is same with freesync.
Quote from NumberTwo :I cant lock it to 165 fps.

You mentioned you get 350-400 fps, but can't lock it to 165 fps. Why not?
Are you using the highest hz possible in LFS?

I can't think of other things you can look at. Are you running applications in the background that possibly could be the cause?

EDIT: You could try updating your graphics driver.
Quote from kristofferandersen :You mentioned you get 350-400 fps, but can't lock it to 165 fps. Why not?
Are you using the highest hz possible in LFS?

I can't think of other things you can look at. Are you running applications in the background that possibly could be the cause?

EDIT: You could try updating your graphics driver.

For some reason i can only lock fps in LFS in steps, and 165 isnt one of them. I dod try 100 and 200 but same effect.
My GPU driver is up to date. I will try to turn everything else off and see then.

I get no problems in any other game, tested AC, ACC, Doom 2016, Doom eternal, RDR2, Horizon zero dawn, Cyberpunk 2077, far cry 6, iRacing.

Let me reiterata that fps (shown by lfs, and shown by GeForce driver) does not drop when this happens.
Quote from NumberTwo :Hello.

I have problem in LFS where even though my fps is high enough (350-400) the view i get on my screen is sometimes not smooth. I realized it happens mostly on long straights.

I have 165 hz screen, and i have tried multiple options like locked fps, locking fps to 100 and setting screen to 100hz, changing graphics settings in lfs, changing multiplayer speed up, buffered frames and sleep every frame, but the problem remained. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it feels like fps is 20 or lower...feels like game is skipping frames.

Did anyone else notice this?

It happens a lot in mostly full multiplayer servers. I've noticed it myself and a lot of other people complain. In my case, FPS drops from 100-200 to 20. If it's the same issue, it's like a "lag spike" for a second or two. But I've noticed this only in multiplayer with full servers, like 30-40 players on the track. LFS is complex and the new mod system is not optimized enough for now. I guess we'll have to wait for the multithreading update and it might get more smooth.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :It happens a lot in mostly full multiplayer servers. I've noticed it myself and a lot of other people complain. In my case, FPS drops from 100-200 to 20. If it's the same issue, it's like a "lag spike" for a second or two. But I've noticed this only in multiplayer with full servers, like 30-40 players on the track. LFS is complex and the new mod system is not optimized enough for now. I guess we'll have to wait for the multithreading update and it might get more smooth.

I'm afraid we dont have same issue. For me it happens even when alone on server. I dont get FPS falling down though.

My cpu is 12400F with overclock on single core to 5.2 GHz. LFS cannot be that demanding. In hotlap mod with right settings, CPU can pump out 5000 fps with GPU being limiting factor (RTX 3070).
Tried closing everything and running only LFS...game at times looks like a slideshow and FPS still doesnt drop either in lfs or judging by geforce experience app.

will reinstall and report.
Interestingly - new install fixed it.

Then tried old install and turned freesync off, put normal 165 Hz and it was ok. Will test more tommorow on old install.

Lack of smoothness
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG