The online racing simulator
Why Cant This Be Simple
(29 posts, started )

Poll : LFS shouldbe easier to connect to and rely on

I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS
YES!
NO!
#26 - Gunn
Quote from Jakg :do you have any idea how hard and dangerous that would be?

Not as dangerous as living with kangaroos.
Sorry, but my only comment is try setting up and configuring sendmail properly and then bitch about LFS being difficult, if you can.

LFS is one of the easier systems to setup as a server. I'm not being elitist, but I completely agree with Becky, if you want to go it alone you have to know what you're doing, to some extent.
Eeeeeeep sendmail *runs and hides*.

I have a t-shirt with that on it somewhere, but you'll get no help from me !
I think it's a bit extreme to blame the software when ( at least to me ) the software has a very simple hosting interface.

For those unfamiliar with hosting, the ingame server is an easy to use and simple start for getting a server running. While the dedicated server is your usually command-line afair...

Now blaming the program is a perfectly normal thing to do, if it is actually the program thats to blame... but considering there are hundreds of LFS servers running at any given moment, this wouldn't see, to be the case.

The reason why the software is "complicated" as you put it is simple. You are in control of how the server is setup, if you are one of those "I want things done in two clicks" gamers, then i seriously suggest a console might be a better option for gaming.
The majority of PC games take this approach to hosting games, because by nature (and in my opinion) PC servers allow you far greater control and say of the setup of the server than console servers that "just work".

There are many people on this forum who (myself included) would be happy to help you set up your own server, after all, there maybe quite a few american racers who would benefit if you started up a server.

Anyways if you need any more help with this - just post and we will help you through whatever bits you are stuck on :-)

Dave

Why Cant This Be Simple
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG