The online racing simulator
how much it costs? ...i cant find it in Europe

edit: oh nevermind.... the wheel does not have sequential gears change :\ only the gear stick....
damn it!
Yeah, another DFP user here, rev. B00, wohooo!

Quote from spyshagg :how much it costs? ...i cant find it in Europe

edit: oh nevermind.... the wheel does not have sequential gears change :\ only the gear stick....
damn it!

Yes, it does have sequential gear flaps too. I bought mine from a computer store, lot of them sell them but they are hidden in console/ps2 accesories.
you mean the gear flaps are optional? they dont come in the bundle?

i ask because i did not see them in the pictures....
Quote :
you mean the gear flaps are optional? they dont come in the bundle?

No, they're on the back of the wheel... So there's no way to buy a wheel without the flaps... The good thing is that the flaps and the gear stick have different codes assigned, so you can use them seperately. I use the gear stick for shifting (more realistic in LFS since none of the cars have the wheel flippers), and I use the flaps for indicator lights.

One of the pros of this wheel is the number of buttons, and the software has the option of assigning Cycle commands... So I actually have a button assigned to press "F9 - F10 - F11 - F12 - F12" so I can cycle through the telemetry and pit windows without taking my hands or eyes off the game.
Doing that to a DFP is wrong in soooo many ways

But yes... Those are the flaps.

The DFP has 22 buttons if you assign commands to the 8 directional switches on the hatswitch.
Quote from spyshagg :Thrustmaster Force Feedback GT Racing Wheel

http://img.ferra.ru/pubimages/46275.jpg
http://jim.pp.ru/helps/hard/im ... heel-thrustmaster_08_.jpg

dont be fooled by the looks!
the wheel is made of Soft Rubber (feels so good).
ForceFeed back is strong, well, too strong (i play at 15% only, 100% it's nuts!)
The pedals, well... plastic :\
the brakes pedal is harder to push and the Accelerator is soft (just like my car pedals)

270º rotation only :\
i never tried a 900º wheel, so i dont know what i am loosing...

what Wheel you guys recomend? DFP ?

Wow, I cant believe you've got one of those thats still going. I bought one to play GP3 with, back in god knows when. It was pretty good, although eventually the paddles broke off, and the FF got as slack as hell. So I got a black momo, which was much better, and now I've just got a DFP, which is better again.
Quote from spyshagg :how much it costs? ...i cant find it in Europe

damn it!

I ghot mine from www.savastore.co.uk for about £70 (shipped) but they might not post it to europe
Sorry for asking, but I notice people use an extra pedal as a clutch...with paddle shifters - why? Wouldnt that just make you slower? Dont see the point tbh, unless you had a proper manual gearbox.
I have a 'Trust' ... thing. It came free with Midnight Club, but it's actually pretty decent. Four paddles and a gear-shift (Althought 2 of the paddles share the same code as the gear-shift ). Peddals are plastic, but tough and durable. Foot grip, too. All for free!
I use the Logitech Black Momo. I was gonna get a DFP, but the wheel size and the button arrangement scared me off. Plus the pedal design is the same as the black MOMO. If you just HAVE to have that 700°, do you actually use it?
I actually prefer the 270° or whatever turning I have over the more "realistic"
feel the DFP has to offer.
Even though I have posted numerous times in the RSC forums about how much I can't stand the quality of logitech's pedals, I'm gonna do a 180° and praise them

See, after playing numerous Racing games/sims, I realized something....
Us LFSers are very demanding on our equipment. In an arcady type game,
the small loss of calibration is seldom noticed, but in LFS, if the pedals are
only giving you 98% output, it WILL cost you the race you're in.
The average Nascar player or NFSU player doesn't experience this loss due to
aids provided in game. Plus the Nascar guys just don't need the performance
levels we do

If you're willing to sacrifice the Warranty, there is an easy way to get at the
internal workings of the pedals and get the most performance value out of
them. Unfortunately, I have to do this about every 3 months, yet my pedal
are ALWAYS better than what they were when I first got them a couple a
years ago (lol I should be OK til November )

Well to be honest, what I'm getting at is there should be a sticky about pedal maintenance (not just a link to Mozno and that lamer wingteam patch)
Uhh after almost 2 years of dealing with this issue I've narrowed down the problem of my pedals to a single item. Next time I have to overhaul my pedals
I'm gonna test this theory I have.
I think the pedal problem is not in the Pot position or the play of the pedals. I think it's in the little deal that turns the pot itself. When you take the pedals apart, you'll notice that the pot turns when you're holding the pedal.
I've felt certain amount of roughness in this "turning". rough enough that it
will shift the pot around a bit and mess with efficiency when it "sticks"
In fact, if you were to take my pedals apart and a new logitech model
apart, you'd see radical differences.
I removed all the grease (dust magnets) and have the pedal shafts covered in teflon tape. I have the pot's held even more firmly in place with sponges. I use a spray cleaner for electronics to get rid of the build up in the turning parts between the shaft and the pot.
I have this silicone fluid lubricant, I use it on my guns as it only takes a little bit and it's high heat resistant. My theory is if i use this fluid in the area where the pedal shaft hooks up with the pot, I can cut my maintenance time time to once or twice a year instead of every 3 months........will let y'all know
as soon as I get the nerve to try it

ooops I guess I went waaaay waaay off topic. I'm sorry, but I think
there ought to be a sticky on pedal maintenance no matter what brand you use.
Quote from Levi1 :DFP 720 degrees
and old Driving Force pedals as clutch
Only wished the DFP braking pedal would be heavier, threshold braking while shifting down and blipping the throttle is hard with such a light pedal.

same here. i use 540° for RBR. and 540 for the gtr class cars in lfs and GTR. 450 for formula.
Thrustmaster enzo ferrari FFB wheel.
DFP RevB00 here.
Logitech WingMan Formula GP Red (Force Feedback)

=> I can't accuse the wheel for crashes and bad time, but rather my n00bieness and lack of skills...
Momo Force (red)

Termi ..did you make that momo mod yourself? if not where did you buy it from ?

SD.
Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Black)
Quote from D34N0 :DFP RevB00 here.

Oh I forgot to say- my DFP is a Rev.B00 too- great pedals!
Quote from SparkyDave :Momo Force (red)

Termi ..did you make that momo mod yourself? if not where did you buy it from ?

SD.

Yes, i have made it self,the Button´s are connectet with a 10 euro Gamepad in the Body of the Momo

Termi
Logitech Formula Force GP (red)
DFP Rev.B00 too

Way better than my old MS wheel
Logitech MOMO Racing Force combined with my old wheel the Guillemont force feedback racing wheel. I use the pedals from both the wheels, a cheap way to get clutch
Guillemot Ferrari Force Feedback Racing Wheel. Looks the same as Thrustmaster GT someone posted before except pedals are different and better than those. I can't find the pics right now.
Quote from TagForce :
One of the pros of this wheel is the number of buttons, and the software has the option of assigning Cycle commands... So I actually have a button assigned to press "F9 - F10 - F11 - F12 - F12" so I can cycle through the telemetry and pit windows without taking my hands or eyes off the game.

Thanks for the hint... using this now too with my momo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG