The online racing simulator
Not being able to do anything when someone is connecting
The networking in LFS needs to be completely re designed.

When someone is connecting to the server, you can do almost nothing.

I don't understand why it was made like this.
A step on the correct way would be if the game remember that you tried to spectate and do it when the other player is conected.

But I think you are right in this: "needs to be completely re designed", and this could take a long time. IMHO are a lot of things more important to do before solve this kind issues
Quote from Whiskey :A step on the correct way would be if the game remember that you tried to spectate and do it when the other player is conected.

The game already does that
Yes, when someone is connecting and you press e.g. SHIFT+S, you will be forced to spectate when the player connects.
I think the fact that you lose connection when you can still see cars moving around,and talk without issues. *shrugs*
I think the issue the OP speaks of was actually resolved for Patch Y, but in Patch Z it returned. I think.

(Although looking at the Patch Y improvement list, it says nothing of the sort. But I am SURE that the bug was fixed in the past)
YES! It was in Patch X.

Quote :Avoided most of the "Can't x - a player is connecting" messages

Here

I recall that you could spectate and such.

Nowadays, you can't even access the options menu in LFS when a guest is connecting.
You no longer have to press the buttons more than one (expect on a few occasional times)! (menu is one that you get it)
Quote from Krammeh :You no longer have to press the buttons more than one (expect on a few occasional times)! (menu is one that you get it)

I mean in the options menu. For instance changing the screen resolution or something crazy like that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG