The online racing simulator
driving telescopic boom cranes and...
(17 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Diggers! mini-diggers! riged fork-trucks! Bendi fork-trucks! telescopic fork-trucks! Dumper trucks!...my favourite, opperating the claw on the rear of the trucks delivering bails of concrete blocks!

At this stage in my life i've realised i get mine offof large machinery

I tell you straight, what would you rather; getting up on Monday morn to sit on an office chair or go and play a real life 3D driving game opperating large machinery?

yep, it has got me hooked foreva!

I hop sometime next year to qualify for my crane license(even if i don't need it I want it )

Large machinery operation rocks
#2 - 5haz
Well, I've always got Rigs of Rods.

But yeah, having the powah to control massive power and force is kinda groovy I guess, its a 'man' thing.
Isn't there a pimp my digger game somewhere? You'd probbably get sexually turned on if you watched that.
Quote from CSU1 :Diggers! mini-diggers! riged fork-trucks! Bendi fork-trucks! telescopic fork-trucks! Dumper trucks!...my favourite, opperating the claw on the rear of the trucks delivering bails of concrete blocks!

At this stage in my life i've realised i get mine offof large machinery

I tell you straight, what would you rather; getting up on Monday morn to sit on an office chair or go and play a real life 3D driving game opperating large machinery?

yep, it has got me hooked foreva!

I hop sometime next year to qualify for my crane license(even if i don't need it I want it )

Large machinery operation rocks

That's the type of shit you say to your mates nuair a tá tu ar an teach tábhairne!
Quote from 5haz : its a 'man' thing.

then G!nho could just forget that work
Quote from niall09 :That's the type of shit you say to your mates nuair a tá tu ar an teach tábhairne!

lol, nuair a bhí tú as a aghaidh ar fad? Cad atá lol as Gaeilge? :P

I have to make do with a tractor with only a front loader...Nobody is willing to employ a 16 year old to drive heavy plant for some reason
#9 - sam93
CSU1 - My dad drives heavy machinery, any size swing shovel (excavator)
Here is a video you might enjoy, my old man is driving the machine, its the guys 18th, this was his present lol: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XOURAzlLkG0

Quote :I have to make do with a tractor with only a front loader...Nobody is willing to employ a 16 year old to drive heavy plant for some reason

I dont know if it is the same in Ireland as here but, you cant go on a building site and work until you are 18, I think. Thats why you may not get employed, have you done all of your tests yet for heavy machinery?
I'd love to be one of those guys who operates massive demolition machinery tearing down buildings, that looks like the best job in the world
Quote from ajp71 :He should sue him!

Oh give it a break Alex. Stop being immature and just grow the hell up.
#14 - SamH
ajp71 receives an infraction for continuing harrassment of a fellow forum member.
Quote from sam93 :I dont know if it is the same in Ireland as here but, you cant go on a building site and work until you are 18, I think. Thats why you may not get employed, have you done all of your tests yet for heavy machinery?

I can drive all heavy machinery except road-going HGV trucks. So that's tractors, JCBs, diggers, excavators, etc. It's just a theory test over here, to get a "learners permit", but there's no difference between that and a full work license, apart from the colour of the paper I've also done the FÁS "safe-pass", which lets me work on a building site.

What with the recession and all, what little contractors that are left have a massive workforce to pick from. There's no reason to pick a 16 year old when there's a person with 30 years experience who'll do the job for the same money I don't mind though, the farming is an OK-job for now, and pretty much guaranteed to always be there for me...

Quote from ajp71 :He should sue him!

:doh:
Quote from sam93 :I dont know if it is the same in Ireland as here but, you cant go on a building site and work until you are 18, I think. Thats why you may not get employed, have you done all of your tests yet for heavy machinery?

To work on a building site, iirc, you need to get a SafePass from FÁS.

E: Remember to read down before posting...!

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG