The online racing simulator
New Comp, what do you think
(39 posts, started )
hey guys i bought a new comp yesterday (will arive in next 2 weeks i think)

in the attachment you can find the specs any comments?
i dont know that much about computers but i think this thing isn´t really that bad for gaming (especially playing lfs).

Hope some one will tell me it was a good desicion lol.

greetz
Attached images
new comp.jpg
can you translate? i can read most of it but some of it im unsure on.
hm..can´t translate that whole thing, but what exactly do you want to know?
Not bad. Why not a slighty newer ATI card? not that the 3870 is rubbish, but just wondering. And why not 4GB ram? Still a pretty good rig
i dont know if this ati card is good but i didnt found some nvidia geforce or something. this is standart dell xps 420 thingy, i can´t use any more money so i have to take it like this

also i want to know if i can play new games with this comp like crysis maybe or the new CoD?
you should be able to play cod on that just fine, crysis will depend on what gfx level you want it at.
Quote from Gunsmith :you should be able to play cod on that just fine, crysis will depend on what gfx level you want it at.

max?
Quote from BastianB :max?

lol no. Even with my rig you get around 30fps at the highest and 2xAA. (crysis warhead)
i was expecting that :P

some other good games i could play with this machine? what going on with bioshock for example

(i think it plays lfs on max without problems and high fps right?)
slight derail but i find crysis runs better then warhead, i pull about 45/60fps at 1920x1200 and thats with the natural mod running the original config files, in warhead my gpus keep choking themselves on the x86 bottleneck.

bioshock is a poor mans system shock 2, its alright but pales in comparrison. the new tomb raider isnt bad and theres also grid, cod 4 is looking a little dated now but still good, deadspace is another cracker and theres supreme commander forged alliance, dont bother with farcry 2.
ant they will all run on this rig?
should do, oh and the q6600 is an overclockers chip, so make sure you push it.
You can't run GTA IV fine on it. That's sure
lol as i heard the new gta dont run anywhere lol
looks ok, but several things i dont like:

1: 3gb of ram(all the manafcturers seem to do it atm), to me this would not use the dual cvhannel to the max, i like to have all the sticks of ram identical(same make size etc) though this may be an unfounded belief

2: vista(all i need to say there)

3: ati card, i dont like them but hey thats personal preferance

but other than that looks good, the q6600 is a lovely cpu , nice size hdd and you cant go that wrong with dell. lfs should be first class and most games should run excellent on it
Quote from james12s :looks ok, but several things i dont like:

1: 3gb of ram(all the manafcturers seem to do it atm), to me this would not use the dual cvhannel to the max, i like to have all the sticks of ram identical(same make size etc) though this may be an unfounded belief

2: vista(all i need to say there)

3: ati card, i dont like them but hey thats personal preferance

but other than that looks good, the q6600 is a lovely cpu , nice size hdd and you cant go that wrong with dell. lfs should be first class and most games should run excellent on it

thats what i want to hear
to 1. --> it was also avaible with 4 gb of ram but, i had to look at the prize cause i dont want to sell my car for a new comp ^^

to 2. --> im not sure you can even get some other system then vista at dell?!

to 3. --> i don´t know this card, there where better, but again the money

thanks for the comment
Great specs you have there,
The only thing i'd change is the ram eventually,
The DDR2 800mhz ram can be a bit slow compared to the rest of your system.

I have had a 3870 video card before too and they are great value, if you were ever considering going crossfire it might be better off to buy a 4850 video card.

Great setup mate
I'd love to see some pictures if you had some
pictures of what? the comp?
you can google "dell xps 420".
i ordered it at tuesday it did not arrived yet

cant wait to gamez0rz with it
Quote from BastianB :thats what i want to hear
to 1. --> it was also avaible with 4 gb of ram but, i had to look at the prize cause i dont want to sell my car for a new comp ^^

to 2. --> im not sure you can even get some other system then vista at dell?!

to 3. --> i don´t know this card, there where better, but again the money

thanks for the comment

1:yh i see what your saying and tbh to get the best out of 4 gb you need to go to 64bit, im not atm lol

2: no you cant anyware to my knowledge microsoft stopped the big guys doing it months ago, and its just im not a fan of vista and if your not careful it eats(uses) too much ram

3: tbh neither do i its just i have had a few bad experiances with ati cards and dont trust them

but like i said, other than these few, tbh quite small things in the bigger picture, its a cracking machine
well if i were dell there would be a utility you run and that screen could show things like cpu usage ram usage and system temps, whatever you want
Quote from james12s :well if i were dell there would be a utility you run and that screen could show things like cpu usage ram usage and system temps, whatever you want

you can play some games on it and it shows your wmp songs an stuff

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG