The online racing simulator
Best e-shops to get a new PC (Canada / USA)
Delete Me Please!
Canada Computers is a good store, I bought everything from there as they had the cheapest prices at the time. It was convenient for me to drop by their store, but it may not be for you, as the closest store to you is in Ottawa. Another one is Direct Canada, it is a good online store, they have very cheap prices and good service. Finally, try to avoid buying from TigerDirect as they have very high prices.
Well my 1600ish price was from Canada Computers. I guess I can only go with one store then? What makes me RAGE is that you can't get some parts right now because they're in store or something for Christmas. I guess they'll come back after that.
Try newegg.com? its very good,i bought lot of things from them(btw lx3 mouse sucks balls,it pissed me off so bad i throw it out in 5 mins )
Well if you look at my PC, only the 'inside' has a lot of power. The outside is just the basics. Normal case, normal mouse and normal keyboard. I dont like riced up kbs with neons and nitrous oxyde.
Quote from e2mustang :Try newegg.com? its very good,i bought lot of things from them

newegg.com doesn't deliver to Canada. They launched newegg.ca about a month ago, but they didn't look any better (nor worse) than the stores I normally go to...
Quote from AutoPilot :newegg.com doesn't deliver to Canada. They launched newegg.ca about a month ago, but they didn't look any better (nor worse) than the stores I normally go to...

mm didnt know that,i seen they dont deli to few cities in usa,but not that.Maybe tell the guy the places you go,if i remember correctly you do live in canada right?
Just made a stop at Newegg and I decided to compare the prices vs Canada Computer:

Edit: I hope Newegg has CAD prices, otherwise I did that for nothing. :doh:
Newegg.ca doesn't seems cheaper than Canada Computer after a quick search, prices are either about the same or higher.
Even if you buy from an American shop, you have to account for the exchange rate. So just divide the total by $0.80, or whatever the exchange rate is that day, and you'll get the real price.
I tried buying something from Newegg.com last week but you can't make an account unless you're a resident of the US (or so it seemed.) Newegg.ca has completly different deals though heh.
Quote from e2mustang :mm didnt know that,i seen they dont deli to few cities in usa,but not that.Maybe tell the guy the places you go,if i remember correctly you do live in canada right?

I'm not sure where he lives. I can compare the major components he has at Cdn Comp to the best I know (though I try to avoid online stores if I can):

P6t Deluxe
CDN Comp: $373
Best I know: $349 (Infonec)

i7 920
CDN Comp: $355
Best I know: $350 (PC Village)

For 260 GTX, there are so many variations and brands that it's hard to say. Also, these prices are all for cash, ordering online will cost more, plus the S&H as well.

One other thing, about that 2GB ddr3, you may want to check the voltage, it should not be above 1.65V. You should go for the new triple channel kits that are all ok. Also, do you plan to OC heavily? To use the memory at its rated speed (ddr3 1600), you have to OC i7 920 from 2.66 to 4.0GHz, which is quite a feat even for very good aftermarket coolers. 3x1 ddr3-1333 would be about the same price.

And 'after Christmas' is a bit too far into the future to be looking at the prices now.
No I'm planning to run stock for a good while. Dont feel like pushing a new PC to the edge right out of the box.
Then your memory will have to run at 1066 MHz. ddr3-1600 would be a waste of money.

Btw, there's shopbot.ca site that searches many stores, but lacks a lot of them...
Quote :Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ASUS P5QL PRO
Corsair DDR2 800MHz 2x1GB
ASUS Radeon HD4870 512MB
Seagate 500GB
LG 22x6x16 DVD-RW
Antec 300 Gaming Case
PC Power & Cooling 650W
Logitech G11
Logitech G9
Acer 20''
Logitech X-540

Does it sound alright for 1725$ taxes included?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG