The online racing simulator
Intrepid: I have no reason not to believe you, and I don't see why anyone else should. Lots of people here have serious superiority complexes, and just like disagreeing with anyone and anything. If I were you, I would sit content knowing the truth, and brush away the egomaniacs.
Oh, in recent years! When you said you chatted to Damon about Hamilton before he was picked my McLaren I though you meant quite a fews back. My bad.

I'm aware of the F1 drivers being normal. I don't know any of the current ones personally, but we've had a few round for dinner in the past
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't know any of the current ones personally, but we've had a few round for dinner in the past

I guess Webber came around while you were out. Doesn't seem like you missed much of a meal though.
No, not Webber. I was thinking of Brundle, Graham Hill (before I was born, obviously), Mansell, Palmer etc. Generally British drivers, and generally those with links to Lotus.
Quote from tristancliffe :He's made the typical black-man mistake of mistaking not being liked for being a twatty, clingy Dad to a robotic McLaren-machine for a racial attack. I hate it when blacks (and it usually is them) claim that ANYTHING against them is racist.

And I hate it when whites (and it is usually them) contort themselves into racist poses just because they're scared of being seen as bleeding heart liberals.

Sorry Tristan, but that is quite honestly the most racist response you could have made to this topic. Typical black men? What are they exactly? Hmmm, that's right - stereotypes.
Quote from tristancliffe :He's made the typical black-man mistake...

Quote from nihil :Typical black men? What are they exactly? Hmmm, that's right - stereotypes.

Typical mistake and typical black men aren't the same thing. Don't put words in his mouth.
It almost looks like a white person can't dislike a black person because it will be racism. And that's barely equal rights. White people always get accused of racism for nothing. I'd call that behavior attention-whorism or provocation or racism against white people.

By the way, have you ever heared an asian complaining about racism? I haven't.
Quote from nihil :And I hate it when whites (and it is usually them) contort themselves into racist poses just because they're scared of being seen as bleeding heart liberals.

Sorry Tristan, but that is quite honestly the most racist response you could have made to this topic. Typical black men? What are they exactly? Hmmm, that's right - stereotypes.

Generally the only race that have ever stood up and said "hey, that's racist that is innit" are people with black skin. White people, yellow people and beige people rarely play the racism card, probably because they're less racist themselves.

However, marsaz is correct - reword to "typical mistake of many a black man", and you get the same intended meaning but without the ability to accuse me of stereotyping based on the colour of their skin. I DO stereotype based on the colour of their skin, but at least now you can't accuse me of it
Quote from marsaz :By the way, have you ever heared an asian complaining about racism? I haven't.

That's because with their stereotypical pronunciation it sounds like their complaining about fashion design trends.

"Asian" is a very broad term really that doesn't describe a lot. An Indian pal of mine is pitch black, seriously as black as it goes, and he gets the typical racism directed to black people* while actually being "asian".

* see: uncomfortable stares and odd/inexplicable hostility at times, but then again this is a backwards country
Tristan, it's not black people that have the major problem with racism these days anyway, it's other white people, who don't have enough problems of their own to keep themselves occupied.
Quote from marsaz :By the way, have you ever heared an asian complaining about racism? I haven't.

I'm of Asian descent, and yes, Asians do complain about racism. However, Asians are also somewhat xenophobic too. Although I loath racial discrimination, I think it is only realistic to expect at least mild prejudice against various races. If I am turned down for a promotion because my director prefers British people (yes, this has actually happened), it's not necessarily because he is "evil", but rather because he - same as most people - is prejudiced in favour of people similar to himself. I'd rather that it wasn't reality, but it is; hopefully it is a reality that will change for the better in future generations.

At the risk of turning this thread completely off-topic, I'd like to quote Morgan Freeman (who probably has encountered plenty of racism in his time) on the issue of race (during an interview with Mike Wallace for 60 Minutes):
“Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man, and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, ‘Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.’ You know what I'm sayin’?"
Quote from FlyeThemoon :My Friend on IRC today says

Hamilton Like men, He like to dress up like a woman

Hamiltor is now CALLED FIAMILTON he is SAINT on track, can everything for example drive-through penalty .

One is quite confused.
Quote from samjh :“stop Talking About It. I'm Going To Stop Calling You A White Man, And I'm Going To Ask You To Stop Calling Me A Black Man. I Know You As Mike Wallace. You Know Me As Morgan Freeman. You Wouldn't Say, ‘well, I Know This White Guy Named Mike Wallace.’ You Know What I'm Sayin’?"

+1
Quote from marsaz :Typical mistake and typical black men aren't the same thing.

Mere nit-picking. To precede any sentence with the word "typical" is the lazy way of dealing with the particularities, complexities, and specificities of anything immediately present in all of its, sometimes, confusing individuality.

Racism is frequently not the product of malice, but the product of stupidity, laziness, confusion, and subsequent inarticulacy.

Quote from tristancliffe :Generally the only race that have ever stood up and said "hey, that's racist that is innit" are people with black skin. White people, yellow people and beige people rarely play the racism card, probably because they're less racist themselves.

Now you're just screwing with me. There can't be a sentence there that makes any sense to anyone who is actually familiar with the world at large.

Quote from FlyeThemoon :
Hamilton Like men, He like to dress up like a woman

I can't decide: is that a really complex drag/motorsport metaphor, in which this debate is shown, in parodic form, to be the height of ridiculousness? I mean, we have rather forgotten that what we call "Hamilton" is just a fiction, itself a dramatic reconstruction as fragile as gender assignation. The overwhelming majority of us will never know "Hamilton" the man, only "Hamilton" the reproduced image.

Or was it just really, really ****ing stupid?
Quote from Gills4life :I would certainly hope not.

You hope not that he will not be here much longer? :P
Quote from BlueFlame :You hope not that he will not be here much longer? :P

I would hope he is not around much longer if he is going to post racist shit like that. Even if it is just a link.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG